A 30-60-90 day plan is essential for any new hire or promotion to help ensure a successful transition and onboarding. It's a great way to quickly set goals, create milestones, and identify the steps needed to reach them.
ClickUp's 30-60-90 day plan template makes it easy for you to:
- Set personal objectives along with team and business goals
- Document progress notes and track action items from day one
- Identify the key behaviors, skills, and competencies required to succeed
Whether you’re starting a senior leadership role or just need to hit the ground running in your new job, ClickUp's customizable template has all of the features you need to make it happen!
Benefits of a 30-60-90 Day Plan Template
A 30-60-90 day plan template is a great way to set yourself up for success when taking on a new job. Here's why:
- It gives you an actionable plan that's tailored to the needs of your new role
- It helps you develop relationships with colleagues in a shorter period of time
- It can help you establish yourself as a leader and gain the trust of your peers
- It allows you to focus on the tasks that will have the greatest impact on your success
Main Elements of a 30-60-90 Day Plan Template
ClickUp's 30-60-90 Day Plan Template is designed to help you manage the process of onboarding new employees. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Complete, In Progress, To Do, and Waiting On Client to keep track of the progress of onboarding tasks
- Custom Fields: Use 2 different custom attributes such as Who’s in charge and Onboarding Stage to save vital information about each task and easily visualize the onboarding process
- Custom Views: Open 7 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the References List View, Onboarding Board, Chat, Calendar, Start Here, and more
- Project Management: Improve onboarding tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a 30-60-90 Day Plan Template
Creating a 30-60-90 Day Plan is an essential tool for any job seeker or professional looking to grow in their role. This plan outlines the goals and objectives you should set to ensure that you are successful in your position and meeting the expectations of your employer. Here are four steps to get you started:
1. Outline Your Goals
The first step is to decide on the goals you want to accomplish in the next 30-60-90 days. These can be long-term goals, such as learning a new skill or mastering a new software program, or they can be more short-term goals such as completing a project or meeting a sales goal.
Use Docs in ClickUp to create a list of goals and objectives.
2. Identify the Tasks
For each goal, you’ll need to identify the tasks and steps that you need to take to achieve it. Be sure to break down each task into smaller, more manageable steps that you can complete in the allotted timeframe.
Use Tasks in ClickUp to break down each goal into actionable steps for yourself.
3. Set Deadlines
Once you have identified the tasks, it’s important to set realistic deadlines for each one. To make sure that you stay on track, create an organized timeline to help you stay organized and keep track of your progress.
Use the Gantt Chart in ClickUp to create a timeline for each goal and task.
4. Track Your Progress
Finally, it’s important to track your progress to make sure that you’re meeting your goals and deadlines. Use a spreadsheet to record your progress and use it as a reference to make sure that you’re on track and making progress.
Use Table view in ClickUp to track your progress and make sure you're meeting your goals.
Get Started with ClickUp's 30-60-90 Day Plan Template
Job applicants and new hires can use this 30-60-90 Day Plan Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to setting goals and tracking progress.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a comprehensive 30-60-90 day plan:
- Use the References View to store all of the necessary references for your plan
- The Onboarding Board View will help you organize and track all of the onboarding tasks
- The Chat View will give you a space to collaborate with stakeholders and discuss progress
- The Calendar View will help you plan out and keep track of all upcoming milestones
- The Start Here View will provide an overview of the entire plan
- Organize tasks into four different statuses: Complete, In Progress, To Do, Waiting On Client, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity