And with remote and hybrid workplaces ruling the economy, we need online collaboration tools that can both inform and engage.
A unique go-to has been Yammer (now called Viva Engage)—a social networking service tailor-made for enterprise collaboration. But its tendency to shower notifications and a poor search function call for an upgrade.
It’s time we explore alternatives where team communication is smooth, and collaboration is an art.
So we present 10 top-notch Yammer alternatives, dissecting their features and pricing because finding the perfect tool for your business should be as effortless as the collaboration it promises.
What Should You Look for in a Yammer Alternative?
To pinpoint the ideal Yammer alternatives, identify the features that will support your business best. We’ve listed some crucial ones for you:
- Video and audio calling capabilities: Crystal-clear video and audio calls are sought-after features for communication tools. Keep even distributed teams connected with reliable communication for quick check-ins or virtual collaborative sessions
- Document sharing: Choose a Yammer alternative that lets your team collaborate on files and documents in real time. Look for features like version control and easy-sharing options
- Visual collaboration: Pick a platform that goes beyond text-based communication. A great tool should offer visual collaboration features, like shared whiteboards and interactive visuals
- Smart integrations: Ensure your Yammer alternative integrates smoothly with other essential apps. Seamless connections between tools make you productive by reducing the need to switch between platforms
- Security: If you’re going to share sensitive information via your tool, it needs to have robust security measures. Look for end-to-end encryption, secure file storage, and user authentication features to protect your team’s data and maintain confidentiality
The 10 Best Yammer Alternatives to Use in 2024
Here we have a curated list of the 10 best, user-friendly Yammer alternatives in 2024:
ClickUp reigns supreme as an all-in-one collaboration tool. From projects to teams, it covers everything under one roof, including uninterrupted communication.
With its real-time chat, ClickUp centralizes team communication, eliminating the chaos of scattered conversations. Quickly share updates, link resources, and collaborate effortlessly—all in one place.
Utilize real-time chat channels, mention team members with @mentions, and assign comments so that everyone is on the same page.
ClickUp also enables you to embed webpages, spreadsheets, videos, and more directly into the chat. All links and attachments are neatly grouped for quick reference, enhancing accessibility and keeping your team organized.
Use its rich document management and editing features for clear communication and save time with /Slash Command shortcuts for efficient formatting.
ClickUp has thought of every possible obstacle you might encounter. That’s why it provides a visual workspace for managing your cross-functional projects.
ClickUp’s Cross-Functional Project by Departments Template simplifies cross-team collaboration. Organize your projects by departments, set task dependencies, and track progress with visual tools like Gantt charts. Use custom statuses, fields, and views for efficient project management, ensuring department success.
ClickUp best features
- Discuss and share links and updates with your teams in real-time with ClickUp Chat
- Share project-related content directly via chat
- Create a Chat view tailored to any task or project within ClickUp
- Use ClickUp Notepad for taking notes and checklists
- Integrate with various tools such as Discord, Google Docs, Dropbox, YouTube, Box, and Evernote
- Discover a variety of project templates for different use cases, including communication templates
- Use mobile apps compatible with both iOS and Android
- Users may need initial assistance to navigate the platform properly
- The desktop version is much better than the mobile app
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available for all paid plans for $5 per workspace
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3900+ reviews)
2. Google Workspace
Formerly known as G Suite, Google Workspace is a set of productivity tools designed for teamwork and collaboration. While it’s not a direct Yammer competitor, you can use various Google Workspace tools as worthy alternatives.
The best part is that Gmail, Google Meet, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Docs, and more are all integrated into Google Workspace, letting you collaborate and manage content with minimal reliance on third-party tools.
Google Workspace’s best features
- Use Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Chat for real-time collaboration
- Keep your data safe on the cloud with robust security
- Conduct high-quality video conferences
- Keep your teams in the loop with emails
Google Workspace limitations
- Limited storage
- Very few integrations with third-party tools
Google Workspace pricing
- Business Starter: $7.20/month per user
- Business Standard: $14.40/month per user
- Business Plus: $21.60/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Google Workspace ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (42200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 (15200+ reviews)
Microsoft SharePoint, or simply SharePoint, can be a great tool to bring your team together and make work easier.
It’s a content management system that helps companies with desktop sharing and viewing, text annotations, instant messaging, and whiteboard editing. It gathers project info, files, and updates, promoting active team involvement.
SharePoint is highly customizable, adapting to your team’s unique workflow and collaboration style. Users appreciate it for letting them build custom websites for different departments or projects, making communication and coordination much smoother.
SharePoint best features
- Store your data in a high storage space of 1TB
- Build customized and maintained intranet sites
- Enable secure file sharing both inside and outside your organization
- Stay updated with news items based on your preferences
- Not-so-smooth integration for non-Microsoft tools
- The interface can be choppy
- SharePoint (Plan 1): $5/user per month
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: $12.50/user per month
(*only annual subscription prices are available)
SharePoint ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.0/5 (8300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (5100+ reviews)
Slack is one of the most popular business messaging apps for teams to chat and share files, improving internal communications and collaboration.
It has advanced features like video and audio calls, collaborative canvases, and organized channels with discussion threads.
Slack’s Huddle option lets you initiate calls with teammates without scheduling a formal meeting. It lets you share screens, emoji reactions, files, links, and documents.
Slack’s advanced search filters are great when retrieving an old file or conversation. Its integrations with various tools help keep work centralized, minimizing app-switching distractions. All of this makes it one of the top Yammer alternatives.
Slack best features
- Find messages in a matter of minutes with search filters
- Connect with a variety of other tools like Hubspot
- Video chat and share screen instantly using Huddle
- Create private channels
- Pick your workspace look with themes and emojis
- Sends too many notifications, which makes it overwhelming to use
- Needs a strong internet connection, or it gets slow
- Pro: $8.75/month per user
- Business+: $15/month per user
- Enterprise Grid: Contact for pricing
Slack ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (32200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (23000+ reviews)
5. Cisco Webex
Cisco Webex stands out for its dynamic video conferencing. It fosters easy collaboration from any location, promoting inclusivity and engagement. Its top features include noise reduction, animated reactions, and dynamic polling.
The platform also addresses language barriers with real-time translation and encourages anonymous participation. Breakout rooms and device flexibility enhance inclusivity.
Its AI-driven features offer personal insights and simplify workflows with integrations.
Cisco Webex’s best features
- Collaborate in a secure environment with advanced end-to-end encryption
- Send feedback using gestures
- Integrate via Zapier and automatically add Webex links to your meeting invites
- Generate transcripts automatically from meetings
Cisco Webex limitations
- Webinar hosting is separate from regular video conferencing
- Issues with video and audio drivers, causing tech problems and potential meeting delays
Cisco Webex pricing
- Webex Free
- Webex Meet: $14.50/month per license
- Webex Suite: $25/month per license
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Cisco Webex ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (15100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (6800+ reviews)
6. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is designed for teams to manage tasks and collaborate. It has solid online meeting tools for effective collaboration, real-time communication, and easy file-sharing via Teams and Channels.
It’s known for its top-notch web conferencing abilities, accommodating up to 300 participants with web or audio entry options, call recording, and live broadcasts. Additional perks include virtual backgrounds, screen sharing, chats, and captions.
Microsoft Teams’ Whiteboards give you the ability to write, draw, and sketch on a virtual canvas, and changes get updated in real-time.
Microsoft Teams’ best features
- Create communities with people sharing similar interests
- Integrate quickly with other Microsoft 365 tools
- Create breakout rooms during meetings
- Use digital whiteboards for visual collaboration and brainstorming
- Get 5GB of cloud storage in the free plan
Microsoft Teams limitations
- Interface navigation gets overwhelming with time
- Limited access for guests/external collaborators
Microsoft Teams pricing
- Teams Essentials: $4/month per user
- Business Basic: $6/month per user
- Business Standard: $12.50/month per user
(*only annual subscription prices are available)
Microsoft Teams ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (14600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (9300+ reviews)
Jostle refers to itself as a platform for employee success.
It’s designed as collaboration software to foster connections, communication, and employee engagement for a stronger company culture. It’s a unified space for companies to share news, make important announcements, and conduct feedback polls for increased team productivity.
Jostle ensures that everyone in your organization, regardless of location or time zone, has a central platform for accessing relevant information, addressing issues, and celebrating successes.
Jostle best features
- Use polls to gather team input on important decisions
- Collaborate and manage projects in the discussion forum
- Organize files in a document library for easy searching
- Stay informed with an activity feed
- Integrate with Microsoft Office and Google Files
- Limited customization
- No threaded discussions
- Bronze: Starts at $5/month per user
- Silver: Starts at $9/month per user
- Gold: Starts at $12/month per user
- Platinum: Contact for pricing
Jostle ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5 (190+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (70+ reviews)
Simpplr is a social intranet solution that enhances internal communication and builds employee connections, making it a great choice for distributed workplaces.
Unlike old-school enterprise intranets that take ages to set up, Simpplr gets you going in days. It’s got the flexibility, scale, and security that serious businesses require from a social network.
Simpplr helps you avoid unnecessary notification overload by tailoring the intranet based on your role, ensuring a personalized experience.
Simpplr best features
- Get personalized content thanks to smart knowledge graphs
- Create campaigns on the intranet and let your employees share them on their social networks for better reach
- Handle outdated content, deactivate unused sites, and highlight the correct information with AI
- Customize and integrate new and existing workflows with ease
- Limited search functionality
- Lacks native calendar, which impacts scheduling
- Contact for pricing
Simpplr ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (100+ reviews)
Developed by Meta, Workplace is a communication tool for secure team collaboration through chats, voice, and groups.
Built on Facebook’s interface, it features a news feed for updates, announcements, and posts across the organization. You can engage with posts and customize them to your preferences.
You can host live video broadcasts within your team, with interactive features like comments, questions, and reactions. You can also save videos for later viewing.
Workplace best features
- Get posts translated into 91 languages for inclusivity
- Pin important posts to the top of the news feed
- Create groups for targeted communication
- Measure engagement with analytics
- Integrate with Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Notification overload can impact productivity
- users have reported data privacy issues due to junk and spam
- Core plan: $4/month per person
- Enhanced admin and support add-on: $2/month per person
- Enterprise live add-on: $2/month per person
Workplace ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.0/5 (1700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (1300+ reviews)
10. Salesforce Chatter
Salesforce Chatter is a great Yammer alternative that provides a space for sharing insights, proposing ideas, and connecting teams with valuable customer feedback.
You can also share files and connect with experts across the organization. With its mobile access, you can track teams, update opportunities, and act on critical updates anytime, anywhere, for optimal efficiency.
Salesforce Chatter’s best features
- Follow people and documents to collaborate on projects
- Control the frequency of email notifications
- Collaborate privately on sensitive projects
- Integrate with other social media platforms like Twitter
Salesforce Chatter limitations
- Too many notifications can make the app noisy
- Overwhelming to navigate for new users
Salesforce Chatter pricing
- For Salesforce users: Free (as a part of your Salesforce plan)
- For non-Salesforce users: $15/user per month
Salesforce Chatter ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (900+ reviews)
- Capterra: Not enough reviews
What’s Your Favourite Yammer Alternative?
You’ve taken the first step toward making your workspace more collaborative and engaging. You now know many alternatives for Yammer, some of which offer way more than Yammer.
We’ve rounded up the best of the best in the market right now. But if you ask us, we’ll suggest ClickUp for you.
Chat is just one of the many handy features offered by ClickUp. It is an all-in-one platform tailor-made for managing projects and enabling team collaboration. Customize it to your preferences, pick a template from its library, and let AI handle the grunt work.
What’s better? You can access most of these features for free. Sign up for ClickUp today!