Forms help us organize our lives but often look tedious, technical, and bland. Thankfully, new digital apps and tools are shaking up the world of forms, proving that building standard forms can be—dare we say it—fun. These web-based form builders allow you to create surveys, forms, and more, even if you don’t have coding skills.
Paperform is one well-known example of a web-based form creation platform. The site offers click-and-drag form creation, hundreds of prebuilt templates, and dozens of useful integrations. While Paperform might be one of the better-known form-building platforms, it’s not your only option. And for many users, it’s not the best one, either.
We’ve assembled a list of the best Paperform alternatives for you to explore in 2023, whether you’re seeking a better price point, more integrations with your existing tech stack, or more features.
What Should You Look for in Paperform Alternatives?
Starting your search for Paperform alternatives? Here are five key features to look for when searching for an online form builder:
- Ease of use: Like Paperform, any online form builder you choose should be user-friendly with an intuitive interface that makes it simple to create forms quickly. Beginner users should be able to create forms in seconds, and advanced users should have the tools they need to build forms that can automate workflows
- A variety of customization options: Whether it’s customizable templates, color scheme selection, or many different form fields, the Paperform alternative you choose should have plenty of options for customizing your online forms. This will make your online forms more useful so you can collect valuable data while ensuring that they align with your branding
- Integration capability with the rest of your tech stack: The most helpful form builder will integrate with other platforms and apps in your tech stack. Look for Paperform alternatives that connect with productivity tools, such as Google Sheets, Slack, and Outlook
- Advanced features and tools: Data collection is the core purpose of forms, but they can do much more for you. Look for form builders that can help you do more with your data collection through advanced data analysis, online surveys that feed into your sales team, and secure online payments
- The right price: The right form builder should be helpful and competitively priced. Take advantage of any free plan offers to try a form builder for yourself to see if it fits your needs and workflow demands. This is a great way to test the different Paperform alternatives and their various features to see which is best for your business
Whether you’re part of a small organization or a large enterprise team, there’s a form builder out there that can meet your needs.
The 10 Best Alternatives to Paperform to Use in 2023
Say goodbye to tedious forms and hello to streamlined data collection and fun form creation with these top alternatives to Paperform.
ClickUp’s Form view provides powerful formatting tools to create custom Forms for internal and external use cases. Begin with the ClickUp Form Template, and tailor it to your specific requirements. You can effortlessly share your forms using ClickUp’s intuitive drag-and-drop Form builder.
Whether you’re gathering leads, gathering customer feedback, or creating payment integrations, you can produce unlimited forms to gather and organize your data. If you’re searching for an excellent alternative to Paperform, ClickUp provides a comprehensive solution.
ClickUp best features:
- Conditional logic tailors forms on the fly so you get exactly the information you need without wasting any time
- The intuitive drag-and-drop interface means that you don’t need substantial technical knowledge to create engaging surveys and forms
- Integration capability with dozens of other apps and platforms allows you to route data where and when you need
- A wide variety of form templates helps jumpstart your creation process
- Incoming form submissions turn into a task your team can act upon
- Not all views are currently available for mobile devices
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available for purchase on all paid plans at the price of $5 per Workspace member and internal guest per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,800+ reviews)
Typeform form builder is an interactive online form builder focusing on creating conversational forms to increase user engagement. Thanks to the extensive integration options, you can build visually appealing forms, surveys, and questionnaires via the user-friendly interface. Then, connect them to other apps in your tech stack.
Typeform is a popular option for large and small organizations looking to collect data and engage with an online audience.
Typeform best features:
- Excellent integration options are available for Google Sheets, Slack, Zapier, Google Analytics, and more
- Visually appealing forms deliver one question at a time so as not to overwhelm respondents
- Robust analytics provide feedback on how respondents are completing forms and how to improve response rates
- As one of the more expensive Paperform alternatives on this list, it may be beyond the reach of small organizations and startups
- Starter: $25/month
- Basic: $50/month
- Plus: $82/month
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
Typeform ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (680+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (770+ reviews)
Formstack is an online form-building tool focusing on data collection and workflow automation. It offers an excellent range of prebuilt form templates and a drag-and-drop editor that allows you to easily create whatever forms you need. There are also advanced options for electronic signatures and data storage. If you need an end-to-end solution for data collection, this is an excellent place to start.
Formstack best features:
- The drag-and-drop interface takes only minutes to learn, so you can start creating forms right away
- Advanced features allow you to use conditional logic, automate workflows, and analyze data from user responses
- Varied templates and customization options help jumpstart your form creation process
- There are few customer support options, so you’ll have to chat with an artificial intelligence (AI) bot if you run into issues, as you can’t reach the team by phone
- Forms: $50/month billed annually
Formstack ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (370+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.17/5 (100+ reviews)
4. Cognito Forms
Cognito Forms is a user-friendly online form builder that makes it easy to create, customize, and share forms online. Its features include drag-and-drop form editing, excellent conditional logic, and payment integrations. It’s one of the more affordable Paperform alternatives on this list, making it an excellent option for small businesses, nonprofits, and individuals who need to collect data online safely and securely.
Cognito Forms best features:
- Great conditional logic features that allow you to collect the right data from respondents
- Excellent security features that make this one of the more secure data collection methods
- Great customer service options that can help you out of a bind and find solutions
Cognito Forms limitations:
- Customization options are fairly limited, so you may have to live with whatever you can get and forego branding needs
- Some users found workflow automation clunky and cumbersome
Cognito Forms pricing:
- Individual: Free
- Pro: $15/month
- Team: $35/month
- Enterprise: $99/month
Cognito Forms ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (75+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (75+ reviews)
FormAssembly is an end-to-end web-based solution that goes beyond form creation, serving as an integral tool for data collection and workflow automation. Create highly customized forms and surveys using the site’s drag-and-drop interface, then capitalize on your data with FormAssembly’s incredible integration capabilities. This is an excellent alternative to explore if you need to streamline your data collection.
FormAssembly best features:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface lets you quickly create, edit, and share forms
- Great data security features ensure HIPAA and GDPR compliance
- Advanced features provide control over conditional fields, calculations, and multipage forms
- Many users report glitching regarding the Salesforce integrations
- Contact sales for pricing
FormAssembly ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (360+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
6. Microsoft Forms
Part of the Microsoft family, Microsoft Forms is a cloud-based survey and form builder. Use the intuitive interface to access customizable themes to build professional-looking surveys, quizzes, and polls. Because it’s part of the Microsoft 365 Suite, you can quickly export data to Microsoft Excel or other Microsoft programs to start analyzing it. The built-in AI tools speed up form creation and help you build more effective, engaging forms.
Hesitant about using another Microsoft product? See how Microsoft Forms compares to Google Forms.
Microsoft Forms best features:
- Works seamlessly with other Microsoft products, which is an advantage if that’s your go-to productivity platform
- Quickly creates professional-looking forms that you can easily share
- Offers great data export options that allow you to extract data from your forms and start using it immediately
Microsoft Forms limitations:
- Fairly limited integration capabilities compared with others on this list
Microsoft Forms pricing:
- Free for anyone with a Microsoft account
Microsoft Forms ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.3/5 (340+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (80+ reviews)
7. Survey Monkey
Survey Monkey is a popular platform for creating surveys and questionnaires. The cloud-based website lets you build customized surveys and do more with your responses through powerful analytics and reporting tools. The data security is top-notch, too.
Survey Monkey best features:
- Offers a mobile app that incorporates most of the same features as the main site, so you can build forms on the go
- Provides excellent analytics to help you assess how respondents interact with your surveys and how you can improve response rates
- Allows you to easily duplicate previous surveys so you can create new ones in seconds
Survey Monkey limitations:
- Some of the site’s best features are behind a paywall, so expect to pay if you want to get the most out of the website
Survey Monkey pricing:
- Individual Advantage: $29/month billed annually
- Team Advantage: $25/per user per month billed annually
- Team Premier: $75/per user per month billed annually
Survey Monkey ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (18,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (8,900+ reviews)
Wufoo is a cloud-based form builder that makes creating, customizing, and sharing forms easier. It offers an intuitive interface but has more advanced features for experienced users.
Wufoo best features:
- An impressive list of integration capabilities means that you should be able to connect it with most tools in your tech stack
- An easy-to-use interface allows you to customize your forms, including adding your company’s branding
- Great payment collection form options
- No way to add e-signatures directly on the website, so you’ll have to connect it with another tool instead
- Starter: $169/annually
- Professional: $349/annually
- Advanced: $889/annually
- Ultimate: $2199/annually
Wufoo ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (290+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (200+ reviews)
9. Zoho Forms
If you’re already swimming in the Zoho ecosystem, Zoho Forms is worth exploring as your go-to form builder. The versatile online form-building platform lets you build and customize complex forms and surveys without coding. Because it’s part of the Zoho family, it seamlessly integrates with other Zoho apps, so you can do more with your data.
Zoho Forms best features:
- Seamlessly integrates with other Zoho apps, such as Zoho Desk and Zoho CRM, so you can quickly get data where you need it
- Offers an Android app that allows you to build and share forms from your mobile device
- Features detailed reporting options to help you analyze your responses and get the most out of your data
Zoho Forms limitations:
- Some users may find the customization options less visually appealing than others on this list
Zoho Forms pricing:
- Free plans available
- Basic: $12/month
- Standard: $30/month
- Professional: $60/month
- Premium: $110/month
Zoho Forms ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (120+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (110+ reviews)
10. Google Forms
If you want a form builder that offers essential form-building services for free, then you’ll want to check out Google Forms. This free web-based survey and form creation tool integrates with other Google products and many popular productivity applications. It automatically collects responses in Google Sheets for future analysis and use.
Google Forms best features:
- It’s free to use, and you only need a Google account to start
- Good basic form elements allow you to choose long or short answer responses, along with checkboxes, multiple answers, and dropdown options
- Basic conditional logic makes it easy to tailor forms based on responses
Google Forms limitations:
- Forms are only available online, so you’ll need another option for offline surveys
Google Forms pricing:
- Free for individuals
- Business Starter: $6/per user per month
- Business Standard: $12/per user per month
- Business Plus: $18/per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
Google Forms ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (2,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (10,600+ reviews)
Start Building Engaging and Effective Forms
Using forms can be a great way to collect data from your audience. Whether you’re looking to gather email addresses, collect customer feedback, or process payments, there’s a form to help you do it. Choosing the right form builder can make the process more efficient, effective, and even more enjoyable for you and your respondents.
If you need a good alternative for form building online, ClickUp Forms is an excellent option. You can customize your forms with ease and create new forms quickly. It also integrates with the ClickUp system, so you can share, analyze, and take action on data with the rest of your team.
Sign up for a ClickUp account today and discover how forms can help you streamline your workflow and gather data more efficiently.