If you are like most businesses, you probably struggle to keep up with compliance-related process improvement techniques.
Companies today are investing increasingly in compliance and risk management tools to meet regulatory obligations.
A compliance automation software solution helps eliminate inefficient processes and paperwork while ensuring that you stay on top of the latest regulatory requirements.
To find the top compliance management software tools that match your business needs, follow these steps:
- Begin by taking an overview of compliance and risk management in the immediate context of your business and your industry
- Identify the relevant requirements in discussions with all business stakeholders
- Finally, build an optimized risk mitigation process and infrastructure
The good news is that we’ve done the hard work for you and handpicked the top regulatory compliance software solutions for you to choose from.
Let’s dive right in! 🚀
- What are Compliance Management Tools?
- What Should You Look for in Compliance Management Tools?
- The 10 Best Compliance Management Tools to Use in 2024
- Other Risk Management Tools
- Stay in Full Control of Your Compliance Requirements
What are Compliance Management Tools?
Compliance management tools help businesses comply with internal policies, industry requirements, and regulatory and legal protocols. Sometimes also called regulatory compliance management tools, they help businesses automate a host of risk-management tasks, run audit cadences, and follow ethical practices.
By adhering to industry standards for quality improvement and labor policies, a business can safeguard its reputation and avoid non-compliance risk.
A scalable compliance management tool can significantly improve your company’s risk assessment and ensure compliance with risk management standards.
What Should You Look for in Compliance Management Tools?
Finding the right compliance management solution for your business can be daunting because of the many options available in the market, each with different features and benefits.
Like any other B2B enterprise software, define your non-negotiable parameters to find your organization’s best compliance management solution. We’ve compiled a list of must-haves in any compliance management software:
- Data classification capability: Make sure your chosen tool helps you meet data privacy regulations such as GDPR. This means it should be able to classify your data according to its sensitivity and also apply the appropriate security measures to protect it
- Real-time alerts: You don’t want to be caught off guard by a compliance violation in the company based on your set thresholds. A good tool sends out real-time red alerts so that you can respond and attend to a critical event at the earliest
- Integration with your tech stack: A compliance software that syncs with your other software platforms will make it easier to keep track of all your business activities
- Exhaustive reporting capabilities: Regulatory and compliance matters can often be about the little details. Therefore, make sure your tool can prepare customized industry-specific reports on risk situations, adherence, employee activity, etc.
- Smart password and access management: You don’t want to risk your sensitive compliance-related data being visible to unauthorized users. Ensure that your compliance management tool can provide role-based access and also automatically remove access for inactive user accounts
- Simple interface: An easy-to-use tool will ensure faster compliance training and wider adoption for your teams. So, look for a tool with a user-friendly design and intuitive features that make compliance management simple
- Expert support: Ensure your regulatory compliance management software comes with an accessible and responsive support team, so that troubleshooting and regulatory upgrades are taken care of
The 10 Best Compliance Management Tools to Use in 2024
Now that you have your evaluation parameters handy, take a look at this shortlist of compliance management tools that can mitigate the risk of non-compliance for your business.
Resolver is an integrated platform that combines various compliance management modules such as risk evaluation, incident handling, and audit processes. It collects all risk data and scrutinizes it based on your business context, helping you identify and mitigate potential threats and vulnerabilities.
Resolver stands out due to the technical assistance and customized setup provided during the crucial implementation phase. Moreover, their support team regularly shares inputs to update your corporate security measures.
Resolver best features
- Reduce compliance fatigue by eliminating repetitive asks for information. Resolver’s fully integrated GRC platform enables data sharing and visibility for your Audit, Risk, and Compliance teams
- Prepare detailed documentation, reports, and proofs for regulators at the click of a button
- Get actionable insights into current compliance status and potential risk areas by leveraging the platform’s analytics and reporting capabilities
- Configure and customize the Resolver platform as per your company-specific regulatory requirements
- Collaborate and communicate in real-time with your internal teams so that everyone in your business works together toward compliance and regulatory obligations
- First-time users might need some training to get used to the platform
- Contact for pricing
Resolver ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (90+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (40+ reviews)
Predict360 is the flagship software tool of 360factors. It combines a host of compliance tools under one SaaS platform that takes care of compliance risks and controls, policies and procedures, mandatory employee training, and regulation requirements.
Predict360 specializes in pre-emptive risk management, helping businesses easily predict and mitigate operational risk. In addition, its AI-augmented solution automates tasks and workflows necessary for organization-wide compliance through a single cloud-based platform.
Predict360 best features
- Create exhaustive frameworks and question banks for your risk surveys and inspections
- Set compliance thresholds and get alerted in real-time if any suspicious user behavior breaches threshold criteria
- Leverage artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP) to automate updates to constantly changing compliance and regulatory requirements
- Enhance compliance training and self-certification with the platform’s integrated learning management system (LMS)
- It might take time and training to make good use of the tool’s full potential and feature set
- Contact for
Predict360 ratings and reviews
- G2: Not enough reviews
- Capterra: Not enough reviews
3. CMW Tracker
CMW Tracker is a low-code compliance management tool that is ideal for non-technical professionals. It can help you automate your business processes and workflows related to compliance and policy management.
CMW Tracker can set up business rules, manage documentation safely, and communicate across business functions to ensure continuous compliance and reduce organizational risk.
CMW Tracker’s best features
- Manage data and control digital documents in a centralized space
- Generate audit trails automatically
- Integrate the tool with third-party regulatory compliance management software
CMW Tracker limitations
- Users experience occasional slowness and bugs
CMW Tracker pricing
- Do-It-Yourself: Contact for pricing
- Shoulder-to-Shoulder: Contact for pricing
- Count On Partner: Contact for pricing
CMW Tracker ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (390+ reviews)
4. Risk Hawk
Risk Hawk offers pre-configured, customizable compliance workflows to automate your regulatory compliance processes. With Risk Hawk, you can comprehensively handle risks, incidents, policies, controls, and regulatory compliance audits.
You can set it up either as a cloud-based or an on-premise solution. Users love Risk Hawk for its anonymous or named whistleblower feature that makes compliance a collective responsibility of all individuals at the workplace.
Risk Hawk’s best features
- Manage media reports-based impact assessment
- Get notified and take action on internal and external complaints
- Ensure security around compliance data and digital documents
- Leverage the 24/7 availability of support to enhance customizations based on your evolving business needs
Risk Hawk limitations
- Users sometimes face teething issues
- Limited ability to customize the risk register
Risk Hawk pricing
- Contact for pricing
Risk Hawk ratings and reviews
- G2: Not enough reviews
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (30+ reviews)
5. HIPAA One
HIPAA or the ‘Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act’ is regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services (HSS) and enforced by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). HIPAA compliance is necessary for healthcare organizations to ensure patient data privacy, security, and integrity.
HIPAA One is an automated solution that helps you complete your HIPAA security risk assessment quickly and easily.
HIPAA One is trusted by its users for its step-by-step approach to risk analysis, remediation, and documentation. It also generates a comprehensive report well received and recognized by boards and regulators.
HIPAA One’s best features
- Boost employees’ policy knowledge about HIPAA with online courses
- Run a Privacy Breach Assessment on your sensitive database and take proactive protective measures
- Get system-generated risk ratings and remediation recommendations to strengthen your compliance maintenance
- Manage and add delegates as and when required. Keep them in the loop with automatic reminders
- Leverage HIPAA One’s team of industry experts to navigate complex policy updates
HIPAA One’s limitations
- Initial setup might require some technical expertise
HIPAA One pricing
- Contact for pricing
HIPAA One’s ratings and reviews
- G2: Unavailable
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (40+ reviews)
Ziflow is an enterprise-grade online proofing platform that comes with audit-ready marketing compliance and controls. Ziflow helps enforce rule-based workflows, maintain detailed activity logs, and enable safe collaboration for your business.
Ziflow is a great tool to eliminate any compliance risk associated with your public-facing content assets or marketing collateral. It is mostly used by marketing teams and creative agencies to safeguard their businesses and clients.
Ziflow best features
- Manage customized and automated approval processes for creative reviews
- Control access to confidential and sensitive projects
- Ensure accountability for creative feedback with Ziflow’s checklists and e-signatures
- Track compliance effectively through detailed activity logs
- There have been instances of longer loading times for proofs
- Standard: $249/month for 15 users
- Pro: $399/month for 20 users
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Ziflow ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (380+ reviews)
Donesafe is a cloud-based platform that helps modern companies derail themselves by meeting compliance obligations. Through Donesafe, you can proactively control and comply with your risk, government, safety, and workplace regulations—all under a single roof.
Donesafe is best known for its end-to-end integrated framework that can help oversee your entire risk management cycle. You can automatically identify risk well in advance, formulate processes, exercise controls, and leverage control libraries.
Donesafe best features
- Capture risks through real-time data collation from multiple data sources
- Systematically conduct timely audits, checklists, and inspections
- Maintain and manage risk registers by tracking causes, impacts, and controls against compliance processes and KRIs (Key Risk Indicators)
- Take regular stock and identify opportunities to improve your compliance processes
- First-time setup and training take time
- Users have reported occasional bugs
- Contact for pricing
Donesafe ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (60+ reviews)
The Libryo platform comprises a Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem, including software applications, content, professional services, and third-party software integrations. It is constructed on a global API-driven regulatory dataset.
Libryo simplifies your access and understanding of all types of legislation. It identifies what you need to comply with based on your business stage and location, and assists you in taking the steps to become fully compliant.
Libryo best features
- Translate and distill complex legal issues for your global teams by using the multi-language functionality
- Stay up-to-date with notifications on new regulations
- Leverage Libryo’s location-specific legal tracking to abide by local policy and compliance requirements
- Seek guidance from legal experts from Libryo or via live chat anytime with the support team
- The UI is somewhat complex and navigation can be tough
- Contact for pricing
Libryo ratings and reviews
- G2: Unavailable
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (60+ reviews)
Netwrix is a compliance and audit management solution that will keep your auditors happy!
Netwrix claims to slash prep time for audits by up to 85% by eliminating the need to sift through spreadsheets, compile reports, and collate logs for internal and external audits.
Netwrix goes beyond just compliance with its end-to-end security solution. The tool can help you reduce the risk of data breaches and protect your sensitive information from getting compromised.
Netwrix best features
- Ensure your IT systems remain secure with the help of Netwrix Change Tracker
- Identify and reduce potential risks to your sensitive data by leveraging the StealthAUDIT solution
- Detect any unusual behavior above pre-set threshold levels through the real-time alerting system
- Automate workflows to relieve your teams from the burden of repetitive tasks
- Customization capabilities are relatively limited
- Reporting filters can get confusing
- Contact for pricing
Netwrix ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4 / 5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (140+ reviews)
Filestage is a comprehensive content review and approval platform. Using Filestage, you can set up customized workflows and reviewer groups to significantly speed up your content approval cycles.
Filestage ensures compliance with FCA regulations and helps your marketing teams publish their promotions and campaigns with confidence.
Filestage best features
- Free up teams from chaotic review processes with automatic commenting, tagging, and notification systems
- Deploy ready-to-use templates to speed up new projects and review processes
- Build centralized and automated workflows for review and approvals
- Integrate with your other project management tools to manage all tasks holistically
- Users experience occasional bugs
- Basic: $59/month
- Professional: $299/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Filestage ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (230+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
Other Risk Management Tools
Compliance and risk management are essential for any business but can also be challenging and costly.
That’s why you need ClickUp, a project management platform that offers a more holistic set of AI-powered features to simplify your risk and compliance management workflows, improve cross-functional collaboration, and enhance the productivity of your teams.
ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity platform that lets you create and manage all your project workflows, including those for risk and compliance management.
With ClickUp, you can automate routine tasks, prioritize essential activities, track your progress, and generate real-time reports—all essential ingredients for a successful risk management process.
Risk management with ClickUp
ClickUp can be leveraged as an effective risk management tool to manage all work and projects related to an organization or team. You can customize your risk management workflows using the ClickUp Project Management solution.
The best risk management plans are formulated collaboratively with key stakeholders. With ClickUp Whiteboard, you can visualize your proposed risk mitigation process with your team and seek their input and comments offline or in real time.
Once your risk management plan is in place, you can implement it with the help of ClickUp Tasks. You can divide your risk mitigation plan into smaller tasks and allocate them to the responsible resources. You can also monitor your team’s progress on each deliverable against set timelines.
Avoid operational risks by tracking your risk management plan in real-time with ClickUp Dashboard. You can also set up automatic reminders and real-time tags to keep your team members on track and updated.
If you’re worried about data security, don’t be.
ClickUp is ISO certified, SOC 2 and PCI compliant, and offers end-to-end data encryption using AES-256 encryption.
Implementing a foolproof risk management process can be hard. To save you time and get you started, we’ve created a detailed ClickUp Risk Management Template that can help. You can also check out this detailed ClickUp Compliance Project Plan for ideas
We are certain these will significantly boost your risk and compliance management processes.
ClickUp best features
- Securely share internal policies, regulations, compliance requirements, and governance-related information with your teams
- Leverage ClickUp’s project management capabilities to assign roles and responsibilities, set timelines, and monitor progress on your risk management plan
- Deploy automatic alerts and reminders to keep your team updated and on track with their risk management deliverables
- Formulate a regular review cadence and discuss progress on plans with real-time reporting using ClickUp Views
- First-time users might need time to get used to the host of features that ClickUp offers
- Free forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
- ClickUp AI is available with all paid plans for $5 per Workspace
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,900+ reviews)
Stay in Full Control of Your Compliance Requirements
When it comes to regulatory compliance, there is no room for error.
Streamlined compliance management is critical to meet regulatory obligations and foster an ethical workplace culture.
Keeping up with ever-changing industry-specific policies and regulations is impossible, making compliance management tools an essential part of a modern company’s tech stack.
Ensure you choose the best tools to manage and improve your regulatory compliance processes. ClickUp is an all-in-one tool that will help you with every aspect of your work while beefing up your risk management capabilities.