Digital marketing is rarely static, but in the last couple of years, it’s been exceptionally turbulent. 📉
We’ve witnessed disruptions from Google’s GA4, Search Generative Experience (SGE), and generative AI tools like ChatGPT. Then there’s been the loss of third-party cookies, and of course, ever-changing customer behavior to contend with. For digital marketers, it’s been a time of constant learning and unlearning.
So how do you keep your finger on the pulse of online marketing? How can you learn about and adopt emerging digital marketing trends before they become full-blown viral phenomena?
Hobnobbing with experts in your industry is a good place to start. Digital marketing conferences bring together global marketing leaders from all industries, and they’re a great place to interact with your peers from the digital marketing industry.
So if you’re planning your calendar for the year, here’s our list of top 10 digital marketing conferences to attend in 2024. Start booking your tickets! ✈️
- The Role of Conferences for Digital Marketing Professionals and Teams
- List of Notable Digital Marketing Conferences to Attend in 2024
- ClickUp for Effective Digital Marketing Management
- Picked a Digital Marketing Conference Yet?
- Common FAQs
The Role of Conferences for Digital Marketing Professionals and Teams
Many believe that all the learning you’ll ever need on digital marketing is available online, right at your fingertips. Why bother attending in-person events? But there is more than one reason why you should consider attending a digital marketing conference.
Here are a few of those:
- Networking: The opportunity to connect with industry leaders and marketing professionals at digital marketing conferences is invaluable. You never know if the person you sit next to could become your next mentor, hire, or boss
- Learning opportunities: Digital marketing conferences offer a highly stimulating learning environment where you can absorb new knowledge. They also offer a forum to find proven, practical solutions to common challenges
- Actionable insights for the future: By default, the focus of digital marketing conferences leans toward the future. As a result, they become your crash course on how to meet expectations and prepare for upcoming disruptions, often through novel marketing technology
- Rekindle your love for digital marketing: Keynote speakers and panelists at most conferences come with tons of expertise and wisdom. You just might find yourself inspired and reminded of why you become a marketer in the first place
But the most important reason of all is the perspective and insights you gain from marketing leaders, who might otherwise be inaccessible to you. This isn’t just something you can find online.
Let’s hear what past conference attendees have to say about their experiences. Here’s how a person on Reddit described their experience.
Conferences are major networking hubs. They provide a platform to find and interact with like-minded marketers. You could end up building meaningful relationships that grow into business partnerships later.
List of Notable Digital Marketing Conferences to Attend in 2024
This year has an amazing lineup of digital marketing conferences and summits that you can’t afford to miss.
Here are the 10 best digital marketing conferences to attend in 2024.
1. Social Media Marketing World
Social Media Marketing World is a three-day conference packed with keynotes from notable marketers like Ann Handley and Jim Louderback. Marketing mavericks will share their insights about the latest digital marketing trends and share predictions on marketing strategies.
All attendees can personally connect with top experts and fellow professionals during the post-session exclusive networking mixer.
This marketing event also features expert-led professional development workshops designed for marketers seeking deeper expertise.
- Date: February 18-20, 2024
- Location: San Diego, California
- Topics typically covered: Marketing strategy, social media marketing, content marketing, organic social marketing, paid social marketing
- Who should attend: Social media marketers, content creators, and business leaders looking to learn marketing strategies
2. Product-Led Summit
Product-Led Summit is a must-attend digital marketing conference of the year for PLG (product-led growth) enthusiasts.
The summit is packed with back-to-back sessions from global product marketing leaders over two days in the bustling New York City. It wraps up with a ‘happy hour’ networking session hosted by the Product-Led Alliance.
With roughly 80% of the audience comprising senior-level professionals and C-suite executives from companies like Meta, Amazon, and Shopify, you can expect a networking whirlwind.
- Date: March 20-21, 2024
- Location: New York City, New York
- Topics typically covered: Product-led growth, strategy, and marketing
- Who should attend: Product marketers, SaaS founders, and growth leaders overseeing product-led strategy and operations
3. HubSpot’s INBOUND
HubSpot’s INBOUND is “where careers take off, businesses begin to scale, and community changes us for the better.”
Reserving a spot means you can look forward to three days full of ‘Aha’ moments with educational breakouts, expert-led panels, diverse keynotes, and hands-on workshops. Also, expect to network with up-and-coming digital marketing professionals and learn about marketing strategies and tools to drive growth.
- Date: September 18-20, 2024
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Topics typically covered: AI, video content creation, email marketing, storytelling, leadership, customer-centric strategy
- Who should attend: Sales, marketing, and business leaders and professionals seeking career development and knowledge to improve business performance
4. Gartner Marketing Symposium/Xpo
This year, the theme of the Gartner Marketing Symposium/Xpo is Lead Marketing Through Disruption’s Next Wave.
As an attendee, you’ll be learning the importance of “maintaining the human side of marketing leadership to help your team demonstrate strategic value and achieve your growth objectives.”
This will be accompanied by one-on-one conversations with Gartner experts.
You can also access over 150 sessions of Gartner’s latest marketing research, along with roundtable sessions, end-user case studies, and peer conversations.
- Date: June 3-5, 2024
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Topics typically covered: Marketing strategy, multichannel marketing, brand strategy, and AI
- Who should attend: CMOs, marketing leaders, strategists, and professionals who want to future-proof their organizations while driving high impact
5. Content Marketing World
Produced by Content Marketing Institute, CMWorld is an annual conference for content professionals.
This three-day gathering is organized around keynotes from forward-thinking leaders and idea-swapping sessions. It’s perfect for advancing knowledge and learning practical solutions on how to execute a successful content strategy.
As one attendee shared, “After attending CMWorld, I felt like I had earned a master’s degree in content marketing!”.
- Date: October 21-23, 2024
- Location: San Diego, California
- Topics typically covered: Content marketing strategy, content experience, future of content marketing
- Who should attend: Digital marketing professionals, creatives, content creators, and agencies looking to advance careers and skills
Branded as the largest marketing event in lead generation, LeadsCon gathers over 3000 lead-gen professionals for three days of expert-led learning and engaging discussions.
Different days have different agendas. But expect power hours with keynotes, workshops on customer acquisition, interactive sessions, networking breaks, and mixers to end the day.
You can also schedule onsite meetings using LeadCon’s MeetingsHub to connect with professionals from verticals like Healthcare, FinTech, etc.
- Date: April 8-10, 2024
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Topics typically covered: Customer acquisition, data analytics, AI, affiliate marketing
- Who should attend: Marketers, agencies, procurement teams, and professionals directly involved in buying, generating, or measuring business leads
7. DigiMarCon UK
A great digital marketing conference is a one-stop-shop for gaining valuable lessons and actionable takeaways across marketing channels and challenges. This is precisely what DigiMarCon UK delivers!
Besides two days of thought-provoking keynotes and strategy masterclasses at one of the best in-person digital marketing events, you can visit exhibition halls displaying the latest digital marketing technologies, mobile, SaaS, AdTech, etc.
You can attend the conference online or in person, making this a global martech virtual summit that’s worth your time.
- Date: August 29-30, 2024
- Location: London, UK
- Topics typically covered: Sales and marketing automation, artificial intelligence, ChatGPT, SEO, social media marketing, CRO, inbound and outbound marketing
- Who should attend: Digital marketing, advertising, and media professionals looking to network with thought leaders and take home action items for success
8. International Social Summit
The International Social Summit is a one-day digital marketing conference, especially designed for professionals managing digital and social media marketing channels at a global scale.
Expect to dive straight into action-packed sessions of effective learning on successfully designing and running international campaigns. You’ll stand to gain actionable digital marketing insights, tips, and tactics to take back to your team.
Besides, every hour of the marketing event will feature two different track options for the attendees. You’re free to choose between them based on preference.
- Date: May 16, 2024
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Topics typically covered: Social media marketing, customer journey, ads, organic & paid marketing
- Who should attend: Social media marketing managers and digital marketing managers working in global organizations
9. Revenue Operations Summit
As the name suggests, the Revenue Operations Summit has a sole focus on revenue operations (RevOps), strategy, and management.
The two days of the conference—loaded with influential keynotes, panel discussions, and breakouts—have been curated by top-tier experts. They’ll be sharing practical solutions, strategies, and frameworks to help you build your growth engine.
Oh, and the evening networking drinks will be courtesy of the Revenue Operations Alliance.
- Date: September 4-5, 2024
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Topics typically covered: RevOps, change management, stakeholder management, RevTech, sales forecasting
- Who should attend: RevOps leaders and sales enablement professionals seeking answers to tough RevOps challenges and marketing technology partners to navigate fast-moving markets
eTail is the leading e-commerce and omni-channel conference in America. You’ll hear from VPs, founders, CEOs, and experts from the country’s top retailers.
Though the conference lasts just 30 hours, it’s packed with Tonight Show-style sessions, closed-door think tanks with C-suite executives, roundtables, and group discussions.
The organizers also offer segments including the ‘Innovation Theater’, the EXPO for the latest e-commerce marketing technology; and ‘Retailer Hangouts’, for 30 minutes of speaker-led informal discussions.
- Date: August 12-15, 2024
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Topics typically covered: Customer loyalty, social commerce, mobile marketing, user experience, consumer behavior, AI & MI in eCommerce
- Who should attend: E-commerce and digital marketing leaders in retail who want to go global
ClickUp for Effective Digital Marketing Management
Digital marketing involves many moving parts: building campaigns, creating content, managing customer relationships, and more. Then you measure your performance, recalibrate, and start all over again.
It can be overwhelming. The digital marketing teams at growth-focused organizations often find themselves overworked and stressed. And this can lead to marketing outcomes that are less than optimal. But it doesn’t need to be that way.
Platforms like ClickUp for marketing teams are designed to help you plan, execute, and track digital marketing campaigns in an all-in-one workspace. You can use it to build collaborative solutions with your team in ways that enhance productivity and creativity.
Let’s see how ClickUp can simplify digital marketing management for you. 💪
Organize, view, and track digital marketing projects in one place
Get access to 10+ customizable project views to save hours wasted digging through different communication threads. ClickUp Views lets you choose among the Board View, the Table View, Gantt Charts, and more to get a bird’s eye view of the tasks, subtasks, responsibilities, and projects your team handles daily, weekly, and monthly.
You can use them to track project progress, identify and resolve bottlenecks, and make sure that your workflows are streamlined for error-free and smooth collaborations across members and teams.
Manage big and small campaigns across channels
These tools can help you plan content calendars for all your campaigns and closely track their progress. You can work together on campaign strategy and copy in shared Docs, then link those docs directly to tasks to keep everyone aligned and accountable. You can even tag your team right in Docs and Whiteboards to assign action items and keep projects moving.
You can also use these tools to build marketing roadmaps to report progress and get buy-ins from your stakeholders.
ClickUp also allows you to build custom ClickUp Dashboards to monitor campaign KPIs. Add reporting tasks to your campaigns to track metrics like website traffic, conversions, and social engagement.
The best part is everyone has visibility into campaign plans and assets. No more chasing people down for approvals via email or tracking down the latest version of a document. With ClickUp, you get a single source of truth for streamlining campaigns across every channel.
Access AI tools to create content and boost efficiency
Use ClickUp AI to generate marketing collateral in minutes. From writing landing page copy to optimizing your ads, it’s a powerful AI assistant that can do it all. You can also rely on it to summarize campaign briefs and reports to save time.
Never start a digital marketing project from scratch again
For speedy execution, you can access a broad variety of templates in ClickUp that are pre-built for marketing functions like content management and testing, campaign management, client onboarding, project delivery, etc.
For example, ClickUp’s Marketing Agency Template has been specifically designed for solopreneurs and agency owners providing digital marketing services to multiple clients.
You can use Custom Statuses in the template to easily visualize the progress of each project, organize key account details seamlessly with Custom Fields, and improve project tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warnings, emails, and more.
And we don’t use the ‘all-in-one’ lightly. You can manage all your digital marketing processes through our team, making ClickUp a single source of truth for your marketing team.
The best part? You get over 200 integrations with tools already in your marketing tech stack—HubSpot, Slack, Dropbox, Zoom, and more. All tools are connected to ClickUp via native two-way integration.
This means better workflow efficiency and fewer hassles as your data always remains in sync.
So if you’re still hanging onto spreadsheets or using digital marketing tools in silos, it’s time to switch to a better alternative: ClickUp.
Picked a Digital Marketing Conference Yet?
No? Then make sure to read reviews from past attendees and make a decision quickly. Many digital marketing conferences offer early registration discounts.
But if you answered with an enthusiastic ‘Yes!”, start planning the trip right away.
Between making a proposal to get the conference budget approved and booking the tickets, there are probably a hundred things you can miss. Luckily for you, ClickUp makes planning and organizing your work a breeze.
Sign up for ClickUp today!
1. What is the purpose of a digital marketing conference?
Digital marketing conferences bring together marketing professionals in one place to discuss the latest trends, share learnings, make predictions, and network with industry leaders and influencers.
2. What is a digital summit?
A digital summit is a premier digital marketing conference for digital marketers at any level, from any digital marketing industry. It focuses on providing continued learning through game-changing strategies, tactics, and tools.
3. Why are marketing conferences important?
Marketing conferences are important as they provide a space for in-person or virtual immersive learning and networking. Attendees can gain digital marketing insights, stay up-to-date with the latest trends, and connect with top experts and fellow digital marketers.