Databases are an integral part of running a business. No matter if you’re trying to stay on top of product inventory, tracking customer information, or improving your sales lead generation, databases are the key that will help you organize and analyze your data.
To truly make all that data valuable and actionable, you’ll need database software—and a good one. You need to know what the data tells you, and the right software can help translate that data into veritable gold. 🔎
Let’s explore the top ten best database software options for Mac and help you choose the one that will help you make the most of your data.
What Should You Look for in Database Software for Mac?
An Excel database can only take you so far before you need to look for bigger, better, and more versatile solutions. When you start your search for database software for Mac computers, whether that’s for customer database software or a content database, there are a few factors that you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Compatibility: Not all software will work on the Mac operating system (macOS). You’ll want to look for software that works with the platform and can integrate with your tech stack’s other applications and systems
- User-friendliness: A steep learning curve could slow down your business and frustrate users. Look for software that’s easy to use and enables users to build usable datasets from day one
- Data security: Look for database software for Mac that integrates impressive security measures, including encryption and data backups. It’s even better if those solutions work right out of the box
- User support: The best database software for macOS includes plenty of user support so you can troubleshoot issues and learn more about how to get the most from the software
- Pricing: Consider how much the software will cost you over time, especially if you pay a monthly or annual fee. If you need a software license that covers multiple users, it can increase the cost of the software very quickly
The 10 Best Database Software for Mac Computers to Use in 2023
Ready to find the best database software for Mac? Here are our top ten picks.
ClickUp is a well-rounded project management software solution that includes effective database software for Mac users. ClickUp’s unique Hierarchy in its online database management software scales and changes with your needs, making it an all-in-one solution for your business no matter what industry you’re in.
Break down your dataset into easy-to-manage groups, such as inventory, customers, or employees, then link them together to create a powerful relational database management system with stored procedures.
Turn features on and off within the database to streamline your analysis and get the information you need right at your fingertips. The easy-to-manage platform allows you to import or export data as necessary, quickly connecting with other software in your tech stack.
ClickUp best features
- The feature-rich software includes Custom Fields and tagging capabilities to structure and categorize business data properly
- It’s great for resource management, and you can even list Dependencies in ClickUp so teams know what to work on first
- You can easily embed apps, websites, or videos, making your database more dynamic and useful
- You can customize your database view so you can see, share, and analyze your information in the best way for you
- Its powerful collaboration tools make it easy for teams to work together, share data, and streamline their workflow
- There are limited views on the mobile app, but that may change in the future
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,600+ reviews)
2. MySQL Workbench
MySQL Workbench offers great database software for Mac computers when you need robust data management. It has a dedicated macOS version, so it will work seamlessly with your system.
The intuitive software has a user-friendly interface, making it easy to upload data, execute Structured Query Language (SQL) queries, and visualize your data quickly and easily. The software also offers data synchronization and performance tuning, which is excellent for more advanced users.
You’ll also find plenty of online support for the platform, so help will be readily available if you run into any resource constraints.
MySQL Workbench best features
- MySQL databases UI makes designing and managing easy, even for complex datasets
- The performance dashboard allows you to see how you measure up to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) quickly
- The easy database migration tools enable you to convert data without losing valuable work
MySQL Workbench limitations
- You can’t quickly stop a query once it starts
- It doesn’t work well with larger datasets
MySQL Workbench pricing
- MySQL Standard Edition Subscription (1–4 socket server): $2,140/year
- MySQL Standard Edition Subscription (5+ socket server): $4,280/year
- MySQL Enterprise Edition Subscription (1–4 socket server): $5,350/year
- MySQL Enterprise Edition Subscription (5+ socket server): $10,700/year
- MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition Subscription (1–4 socket server): $10,700/year
- MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition Subscription (5+ socket server): $21,400/year
MySQL Workbench ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1,950+ reviews)
You can scale and adapt MongoDB to your evolving needs, including integrating it with your preferred tools and languages.
MongoDB best features
- It uses a non-relational database, a popular alternative to fixed rows and columns, making it more flexible
- It has built-in pre-configured security features, making it a secure database solution
- The multi-cloud database allows you to access 95 regions of availability, so it’s resilient and has very low latency
- It doesn’t support triggers, which may be something you rely on in database management
- It takes up a lot more storage than other database software for Mac
- Free Forever for free clusters
- Shared server: from $0/month
- Serverless: from $0.10 per 1 million reads
- Dedicated server: from $57/month
MongoDB ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (490+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (440+ reviews)
Bonus: Flowchart software for Mac!
Ninox promises to be a low-code database solution for small- to medium-sized businesses. The platform allows you to build the software to meet your needs, so you can create the Mac database software you want with options to expand it later. There are templates to help you get started and plenty of workflow automations to speed things up.
Because Ninox is completely cloud-based, you can access the platform virtually anywhere, regardless of your operating system. That’s great news for businesses using both Macs and PCs.
Ninox best features
- Ninox works on all devices, so it’s great for offices that use both Windows and macOS
- It has loads of options to automate your workflow and business processes
- There is plenty of data security with layers of protection while also being compliant with the data privacy regulation, DSGVO
- It doesn’t have a lot of integration with other software, so you may be limited in what you can do outside of Ninox with your data
- Starter: $12/month per license (billed annually)
- Professional: $24/month per license (billed annually)
- Enterprise: on request
Ninox ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (340+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (150+ reviews)
Valentina might be what you need if you want feature-rich database software for Mac.
This impactful software for Mac can handle complex data and supports various data types, making it one of the best database software for Mac options with multiple applications. It offers high-performance data retrieval and processing and has great indexing options for data-intensive projects.
The powerful form and reporting features make it easy to access, analyze, and report on data.
Valentina best features
- It has excellent performance for fast data retrieval and processing, even within complex data
- There are built-in encryption capabilities to ensure the security and confidentiality of sensitive data
- It offers comprehensive support for Microsoft SQL server queries, including auto-completion and color syntax
- While there’s comprehensive documentation for the software, new users may face a steep learning curve compared to other software options
- Valentina Studio Free: free forever
- Valentina Studio Pro: $199.99 each
- Valentina Studio Pro Universal: $399.99 each
- Valentina Studio Single: $79.99 each
Valentina ratings and reviews
- G2: 3.5/5 (2 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (4 reviews)
Track tasks with Mac task management apps!
Navicat is an all-in-one tool that helps you connect with and manage your database. The software lets you connect with any data source, including Amazon Web Services, MySQL, and Oracle. From there, you can use the user-friendly interface to write SQL queries and create tables to start looking at and analyzing your data sets.
You can import and export data from the software, making synchronizing your data from multiple databases easy. It’s a great way to pull your data into one space to get more from every byte.
Navicat best features
- The object designer makes it simple to write complex SQL queries that are more accurate and deliver the data you need
- Its data synchronization helps you migrate data and keep it up to date, no matter the source
- There are lots of data modeling options, so you can quickly create visualizations of your datasets and use them in various applications
- There is limited documentation, which can be confusing, so if you run into issues while using the software, you may need to look for answers elsewhere
- Monthly subscription: $69.99
- Annual subscription: $699.99
- Perpetual license: $1,399
Navicat ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (45+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (60+ reviews)
If you need a database solution but want to avoid coding, Knack has you covered.
Knack allows you to quickly build a database, including workflows, without coding. You can manage data in a way that makes sense to you, then create forms, maps, calendars, and reports that put that data into action.
The highly customizable user interface feels very up-to-date, making it an easy Mac database software solution.
Knack best features
- It builds custom business apps from scratch or modifies an existing one to suit your data needs better
- It allows you to connect linked data so you can do more with your information and create a relational database with smart data modeling options
- Its flexible interface options enable you to build an app for your business without coding, such as a delivery record map or Calendar view of upcoming jobs
- The lack of support for mobile devices makes accessing data on the go difficult
- Starter: $39/month
- Pro: $79/month
- Corporate: $179/month
- Enterprise: on request
Knack ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (80+ reviews)
This cross-platform database software for Mac allows you to work with data from all the popular SQL server databases. With both an open-source and commercial version, there’s an option to suit every database need.
DBeaver has a highly customizable user interface, so users with some database experience should be able to pick it up quickly. It also has an active user community, so you can locate help online if you need it. Because it’s open source, you may find the third-party tools helpful.
DBeaver best features
- A powerful SQL editor allows you to create and execute SQL queries quickly
- The standard edition of the open-source software supports more than 80 different database types
- It focuses on creating databases through a user-friendly system that helps bring together various data sources into one useful platform
- While software updates are good, DBeaver can release updates so frequently you may quickly find your current software is out of date
- Open-source version: free
- Enterprise edition: $25/month or $250 for one year
- Lite edition: $11/month or $110 for one year
- Ultimate edition license: $500 for the first year, then $400 every year after that
DBeaver ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (65+ reviews)
Stackby allows you to create relational databases without any coding. You can bring in spreadsheets, datasets, and other information to create the best database program for your business.
The platform allows Mac users to create Kanban, Calendar, and even gallery views depending on their needs. It’s a versatile database option that can help you overcome limitations you might experience with other platforms.
Stackby best features
- There are multiple views, which allow you to see datasets in the most useful way possible
- It has unique column types, so you can build your database to suit your needs
- You can automate data updates by connecting Stackby to your current tech stack
- The learning curve for Stackby’s advanced features can be steep and may require you to purchase additional add-ons
- Free Forever
- Personal: $5/month per seat
- Economy: $9/month per seat
- Business: $18/month per seat
- Enterprise: contact for a quote
Stackby ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (55+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (70+ reviews)
Redis offers cloud-based data management software. It’s great for automating data processing, making it an incredibly effective solution for users who need high-performance data management solutions.
As an in-memory database software for Mac, it easily handles real-time data and quickly caches information. It has a good user interface with plenty of advanced options to keep even the most demanding database managers happy.
Redis best features
- Known for its exceptional speed, Redis makes data processing and retrieval much quicker
- You can store and manipulate data in various formats, adding versatility to the database
- You can easily scale the database to meet future demand
- Because Redis stores data in memory, it may be a limited solution for organizations with extensive datasets
- Fixed: $7/month
- Flexible: $0.881/hour
- Annual: on request
- Software pricing: on request with a 30-day free trial
Redis ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (120+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (60+ reviews)
Check out these time tracking software for Mac users!
Dig Deep Into Your Data
Finding database software that fits your needs is necessary for overseeing your business. ClickUp’s versatile project management software makes staying organized simple. Plus, it’s a fantastic database software for Mac users with all the bells and whistles you need without bogging you down. See for yourself and try it today! ✨