Every business requires consistent communication across teams.
Traditional phone systems and cell phone lines are often unreliable, inconvenient, and too expensive when you want to bring your team together and initiate a collaborative endeavor.
A cloud phone system is one of the most cost-effective ways to establish a unified communications system.
Thanks to their versatility, the cloud-based phone systems market has grown significantly. The VoIP market is estimated to reach $194.5 billion by 2024.
The increase in usage rates is quite evident, as even in 2021, 31% of businesses relied on a VoIP system. A private branch exchange or hosted PBX is an example of a cloud-based phone system.
As more businesses opt for Cloud Phone System software, it becomes crucial to be prudent when choosing software.
How do you decide the best one for your team or organization? Fret not, for we are here to solve that dilemma. Let’s look at the top 10 cloud phone systems in 2024.
What Should You Look For in Cloud Phone Systems?
There are myriad cloud phone systems, all with unique features. However, here are some standard features to expect from any cloud phone system.
Make sure to keep an eye out for these when choosing a new one for yourself:
- Reliability: Make sure that the VoIP has reliable services with no uptime failures
- Scalability: Choose a system that can quickly scale as your business grows or changes
- Cost-effectiveness: Look into the pricing model. Check if it includes any setup fees, monthly charges, and additional costs for features
- Feature selection: Evaluate the features offered, such as voicemail-to-email, auto-attendant, call recording, call forwarding, and video conferencing
- Integration: Consider integration capabilities with other business tools like CRM software and collaboration platforms
- Device compatibility: Ensure that the system supports mobile devices and provides seamless communication for remote or mobile workers
- Accessibility: Choose a system with an intuitive and user-friendly interface to ease the learning curve for your employees
- Security: Assess the security measures in place to protect your communication data
10 Best Cloud Phone Systems to Use in 2024
This business phone and communication platform aims to turn every call into a meaningful touchpoint. Its key strength lies in its seamless integration with various relevant applications.
AirCall’s virtual phone system is another standout feature, providing businesses with a professional and scalable communication solution.
Moreover, AirCall offers advanced analytics and reporting tools that provide valuable insights into communication performance.
Aircall best features
- Relevant integrations: Boost your productivity with immediate access to essential information. Integrate Aircall with your CRM, help desk, and other crucial applications like HubSpot and Salesforce
- Virtual phone system: Simplify your business communication with Aircall’s virtual phone system. Set up local and international numbers effortlessly, create custom IVR menus, and route calls with ease
- Reporting and analytical tools: Dig into your call data with AirCall’s robust analytics and reporting tools. Uncover valuable insights into call performance with features like call monitoring, recording, and sentiment analysis. Track agent performance, spot training opportunities, and grasp customer sentiments
- The sign-in process needs to be more intuitive as it keeps logging out users
- The application seeks feedback too often, making it an irritating element
- Lacks stability on Mac
- SMS integration could be better
- Essentials: $30/license
- Professional: $50/license
- Custom pricing
Aircall ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (930+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (400+ reviews)
Nextiva is an efficient VoIP solution with standout features such as the NextivaONE app, which turns your mobile device into a virtual office.
Nextiva’s three-way calling feature comes in handy when you need to collaborate with teammates or collectively resolve customer issues. Its Call Presence feature lets you monitor which agents are on call and effectively direct your customers or other callers.
Nextiva best features
- NextivaOne: Helps transform your mobile device into a portable office with the NextivaONE app. It ensures you stay connected on the go
- Three-way calling: Collaborate seamlessly with your teammate or partner by utilizing the perfect feature–three-way calling. Instead of managing two separate calls and repeating information, streamline your productivity by making one phone call
- Call presence: Monitor the phone status of your employees or colleagues effortlessly through the Call Presence feature. Use this status indicator to guide customers to the right person instead of directing them to a busy employee
- Voice mail setup needs to be more intuitive and easier
- Wireless handheld connections face issues at times
- A setting to delete phone messages should be added
- Phone apps can occasionally be buggy
- Essential: $17.39/user/month
- Professional: $20.74/user/month
- Enterprise: $27.44/user/month
Nextiva ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (2,800+ ratings)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (510+ ratings)
GoTo Connect is GoTo’s answer to a cloud phone system with the primary purpose of unifying communication and collaboration within and without the company.
It integrates with countless desk phone modes, allowing agents to access calls and other forms of communication directly through their laptops.
GoTo best features
- Desk phone compatibility: Modernize your call center by integrating all your desk phones with GoTo Connect. The cloud phone solution is compatible with over 180 desk phone models
- Easy-to-use desktop applications: Stay in the loop effortlessly by managing your calls straight from your laptop. Whether calling, chatting, or texting, the web and desktop applications make it a breeze
- Powerful admin settings: Managing your business calls is effortless with GoTo Connect’s admin features. The user-friendly Dial Plan Editor with drag-and-drop simplicity offers a crystal-clear view of your customized call flows. Manage call-routing schedules seamlessly and gain unprecedented visibility with GoTo Connect’s reports and dashboards
- Updates often take time to roll out
- Limited support while onboarding
- Lacks email synchronization
- Integrations need to be more intuitive
- Basic: $27/user/month
- Standard: $32/user/month
GoTo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (1,200+ ratings)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (650+ ratings)
RingCentral specializes in helping small businesses and provides access to world-class customer service models using a highly scalable solution.
You can use its many customer service perks to make a good impression on your customers. It provides a plethora of options when it comes to dealing with business phone numbers.
It also helps you stay connected with your customers and team through one unified mobile-friendly application.
RingCentral best features
- Customer service solutions: Use RingCentral’s CX enhancement modules to engage with customers. Set up customer greetings and customer-based call routing to facilitate effective business-customer communication
- Business phone number options: Keep your current number, get a new number with a recognizable area code, set up a nationwide toll-free number, or create a personalized vanity number for your business
- Single application: Stay connected with the latest happenings on the go with a unified app that lets you access all your calls, text, and information through any device
- Limited integrations
- Lacks proper desk phone support
- Cumbersome UI for extension management
- Setup for texting can be confusing
- Core: $20/user/month
- Advanced: $25/user/month
- Ultra: $35/user/month
RingCentral ratings and reviews
- G2: 3.9/5 (750+ ratings)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (1,160+ ratings)
Ooma is a cloud-based phone system that simplifies business communication to help you get more done within working hours.
Its primary time-saving mechanic comes with the intelligent Virtual Receptionist.
It lets you keep multiple relevant parties in the loop using its Multi-Ring and Ring Groups feature. It also protects you and saves even more time using its enhanced call-blocking functionality.
Ooma best features
- Virtual receptionist: Automate the management of your incoming calls using Ooma’s intelligent virtual receptionist. Route and message callers and set up multiple menus
- Enhanced call blocking: Save precious business hours and protect yourself from spam calls and scammers using Ooma’s advanced call-blocking system
- Team-wide communication: Leverage Ooma’s Multi-Ring and Group Ring features to allow a single call to be answered through multiple phones belonging to multiple personnel
- The setup process is hard to navigate through
- Lacks automated conditional settings for call forwarding
- Does not have team fax capability
- Can be upgraded with multiple office speed dial lists
- Basic: Free
- Ooma Office Essentials: $19.95/user/month
- Ooma Office Pro: $24.95/user/month
- Ooma Office Pro Plus: $29.95/user/month
Ooma ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (80+ ratings)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (160+ ratings)
Zoom is a well-known name in the cloud-based phone system market because of its rich features, convenience, and ease of access.
While it comes with the most commonly expected VoIP features, it sports some unique touches that make it stand out.
The noise cancellation feature is a silent (pun intended) but helpful companion during busy work hours. Zoom tracks the activity of all your contacts to know whether they are available.
The text transcript feature is also an exciting addition to help take quick notes.
Zoom best features
- Noise cancellation: Drown out unnecessary distractions and hindrances and fully hone in on your call
- Presence indicator: Extract valuable information regarding the schedule of your most important clients and contacts. The presence Indicator feature shows if a contact is available, busy, or in a meeting, and if occupied, leverage the ‘Notify Me When Available’ feature to receive automatic alerts as soon as they are available
- Voicemail transcription: Receive a text transcription of your voicemails for quick scanning, enhancing accessibility for employees who may be hard of hearing
- The free version has limited call time and call functionality
- Out-of-date approved HDMI capture devices
- Alerts or notifications occasionally fail to appear
- Poor customer support
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $149.90/year/user
- Business: $219.90/year/user
- Business Plus: $269.90/year/user
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Zoom ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (53,870+ ratings)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (13,710+ ratings)
Grasshopper is one of the robust client-focused cloud phone system providers that helps you interact with your clients more professionally. Separate your work from your personal life with a virtual phone number.
You get notified regarding the nature of a call, whether business or otherwise, letting you put your best voice forward in both situations. The advanced call routing features always make sure you get all the phone calls.
Grasshopper best features
- Virtual phone number: Secure a virtual phone number for your business, unlocking robust phone system features without needing extra devices. Keep your number private, ensuring you’re always aware when a business is reaching out
- Business call enhancements: Stay informed with Grasshopper, alerting you to business calls and allowing you to present your best voice. You can access personalized greetings and extensions, ensuring callers are directed to the correct department or employee
- Advanced call routing: Stay connected with desktop or mobile apps, managing business calls and texts from anywhere. Handle multiple calls simultaneously by routing them to another phone or team member, ensuring your customers never encounter a busy signal
- Has technical issues where messages remain unsent or can’t be received
- Lacks the capability of messaging multiple people without creating a group chat
- The syncing capabilities over multiple devices are a bit lacking
- True Solo: $14/month billed annually
- Solo Plus: $28/month billed annually
- Partner: $46/month billed annually
- Small Business: $80/month billed annually
Grasshopper ratings and reviews
- G2: 4/5 (140+ ratings)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (330+ ratings)
Vonage is a comprehensive business communication suite with accessibility over multiple and varied devices.
The medium is consumer-centric in some aspects, as it features a business inbox that lets you communicate with your customers over their preferred platforms. It also has an embedded AI Virtual Assistant that helps with customer engagement.
While the base application is reasonably competent, the Vonage App Center also has numerous high-value and relevant integrations.
Vonage best features
- AI virtual assistant: The Vonage AI Virtual Assistant empowers you to build a new digital workforce that complements your human team. Initiate immediate customer interactions, guide conversations to understand their needs, and execute the necessary actions seamlessly
- Business inbox: Engage and collaborate with customers in their preferred channel, whether it’s through SMS, MMS, or Facebook Messenger
- Vonage app center: Customize your Vonage Business Communications experience using the Vonage App Center. Integrate essential CRM and business applications into the VBC platform, accessible seamlessly on both desktop and mobile
- Unavailability of real people in customer service
- Problematic online chat support
- No call recording history display
- Text chat cannot handle image files
- Mobile: $19.99 per month per line
- Premium: $29.99 per month per line
- Advanced: $39.99 per month per line
Vonage ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (430+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (300+ reviews)
Dialpad offers extensive advanced features to streamline business communications and enhance productivity.
Dialpad lets you connect with your customers across multiple channels through omnichannel messaging features. The reporting and analysis features it provides are powerful as well.
But AI Voice remains their standout feature, besides all the necessary features for making and receiving calls.
Dialpad best features
- AI voice: Enhance your communication with Dialpad’s business phone system, offering essential features like call routing, call forwarding, interactive voice response (IVR), and more for efficient call management
- Omnichannel messaging: Embrace an omnichannel approach to actively prioritize customer satisfaction, enhance retention, and, ultimately, strengthen your bottom line. Reach out to customers on their preferred platforms and during their most active hours
- Contact center analytics: Examine customer data and grasp essential metrics within the contact center. Maintain a constant understanding of team performance, from overlooked calls to abandoned calls, ensuring a clear overview at all times
- Lacks customizability
- Analytics data takes too long to load
- Has compatibility issues with wireless headsets
- Users have complained that it gets slow during peak hours
- Custom pricing
Dialpad ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (210+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (500+ reviews)
GetVoIP is not a conventional software for communication. It is an online repository of dedicated VoIP tools that helps you compare and choose one that fits your business needs.
The advanced QuoteMatch feature lets you get instant quotes from the top providers depending on your team size. Further, its comparison guides allow you to make better business decisions. It also has a categorized selection of the top tools in various business and related fields.
GetVoIP best features
- QuoteMatch: Use QuickMatch to enter the number of employees you currently have, and the tool automatically gives you information regarding the quotes from top providers that best suit your company size
- Comparison guides: Use the detailed info provided by comparison guides to make an informed and cost-effective decision. It tells you about the highs and lows of every solution
- Categorized tool selection: Search for exactly what you want using the categorically divided tools section. The categories are nuanced and have entries like business VoIP, Call Center, Unified Comms, Hosted PBX, SIP Trunking, IVR systems, Conferencing, and more
- It is not VoIP-dedicated software; it is a platform that provides comparisons of existing VoIP solutions
- It does not provide any tools of its own and only refers to external solutions
- G2: Not enough ratings
- Capterra: Not enough ratings
Other Communication Tools
As a thriving business, you need to go beyond choosing the best features and pick a solution that accentuates your current business operations, as ClickUp does.
Here’s how ClickUp helps you handle outbound or inbound calls with your team and customers.
ClickUp offers useful and clutterless communication tools like ClickUp Clip, which lets you convey your message with precision and context by sharing screen recordings.
Leverage ClickUp Chat to centralize team communication for sharing updates, linking resources, and fostering seamless collaboration. Use ClickUp Comments to instantly generate action items and assign them to specific team members.
ClickUp best features
- ClickUp Document Proofing: Alert team members of any changes made or needed in documents using the proofing feature
- ClickUp Clip: Create screen recordings that effectively convey your message with clarity and context. Save these recordings for future reference, share them easily through public links, and utilize additional features as needed
- ClickUp Chat: Streamline team communication by amalgamating various tools and scattered conversations. Utilize ClickUp Chat to share updates, link resources, and collaborate in one centralized platform
- Shared ClickUp Dashboard: Illustrate your work comprehensively for your team through visual representations. Dashboards are the optimal method for constructing high-level views of all activities within your Workspace. Share these dashboards among team members to facilitate clear and concise visual communication
- ClickUp Offline: The basic features in the platform works well even without an internet connection
- ClickUp Comments: Streamline your workflow by instantly generating action items with Assigned Comments. Assign these tasks to others or yourself, addressing the need for swift and efficient management, as comments often result in action and details can get lost in the process
- ClickUp Email Integration: Enhance external communication by utilizing email as the preferred method for engaging with individuals outside your ClickUp Workspace. Reduce reliance on internal emails by activating the email in ClickUp ClickApp. Send and receive emails directly within ClickUp, eliminating the need to switch between platforms
- No embedded voice over internet cloud phone feature
- Some users have reported that the interface takes a little time to get used to
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/user/month
- Business: $12/user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Seamless communication through VoIP
Communication is an unforgiving arena. It can be a pain point if you allow miscommunication and redundancies to breed within your communication silos. Conversely, it will become a catalyst to success if you leverage its power using quality communication systems like ClickUp.
Remember, choosing a cloud phone service provider over traditional phones isn’t the end-all. Consider it an opportunity to embrace a comprehensive tool that elevates your communication game and offers a holistic 360° view of every facet of your business.