Sales is the lifeblood of any business. As a sales lead, you need to understand how key decision-makers come to a purchase decision. More often than not, that means you need to identify the key players in a business—and their role in the purchase process.
Most companies won’t just hand over their org chart (even if you ask nicely), so it’s up to you to do research to figure out the relationships between your leads and clients.
Relationship mapping software lends a big assist to any sales team that needs relationship intelligence for client management. Customer relationship mapping makes it a cinch to attract new clients, delight existing clients, and boost win rates. 🤩
If you’ve never used a relationship mapping tool before, don’t sweat it. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll show you which software features are must-haves for business development. To jumpstart your search, we’ll also review the 10 best relationship mapping software for B2B sales in 2023.
What Should You Look for in Relationship Mapping Software?
The best relationship mapping tools include functionalities for:
- Data visualization: The most important feature of any relationship mapping software is how well it generates visual representations of complex client relationships. It should be able to quickly visualize data, like organizational charts, into clear graphics
- Integrations: A solid tool should integrate data from multiple sources, including customer relationship management (CRM) platforms like Salesforce, email, phone calls, and social media like LinkedIn or X (formerly Twitter)
- Real-time updates: Who has time to manually regenerate a relationship map? Relationship mapping software should update relationship maps based on real-time interactions and data
- Templates: Save more time by opting for relationship mapping software that comes with templates not just for your graphics, but for other uses, too. The mapping software should be capable of creating everything from sales scripts to development plans
- Collaboration: Even the best sales pro needs to work with a team. Look for relationship mapping software that allows team members to share maps, add comments, and brainstorm in a cloud-first environment
- Process improvement: Relationship mapping shouldn’t end with a simple graphic. Look for a tool that visualizes and overhauls the sales process itself
The 10 Best Relationship Mapping Software to Use in 2023
Whether you want to deliver all-star customer support to key accounts or you just need a data-driven decision-making tool for sales planning, relationship mapping software is a must.
Go with vetted software tools designed to support every stage of the customer journey. Let’s look at the pros and cons of the ten best relationship mapping software of 2023.
Don’t get us wrong—we love a good data visualization tool. But your team likely doesn’t have time to flip between different tools and platforms. ClickUp combines everything sales teams need to manage client accounts, chat with each other, assign tasks, monitor performance, and much more. 📚
Our jack-of-all-trades platform works as relationship mapping software, too.
Use ClickUp Mind Maps to identify the different types of relationships between your company contacts. Your sales team can do mind mapping in real-time to draw connections, map out sales workflows, and assign tasks.
Create a ClickUp Whiteboard to create, structure, and visually organize relationships between your team and customers. Start with a general brain dump and refine your ideas in the user-friendly drag-and-drop interface. Simply click on a Whiteboard node to link tasks, files, Docs, and more to create an actionable relationship map that makes implementation a breeze.
ClickUp best features
- Once you’ve mapped out relationships, log everything in the ClickUp CRM
- Map out relationships, workflows, and tasks within ClickUp Mind Maps
- Easily share ClickUp Mind Maps and ClickUp Whiteboards with your sales team via Chat, Docs, or comments
- Try ClickUp AI to summarize ideas and create presentation outlines faster
- Add images and links to your ClickUp Whiteboard for more context
- ClickUp AI is only available to paid plans
- ClickUp has a lot of features, so it can take beginners some time to adjust to the platform
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,700+ reviews)
Need a little help with account planning? Prolifiq is a relationship mapping tool that helps you search for key decision-makers and conduct outreach without even leaving the platform.
Best of all, Prolifiq works natively in Salesforce or Quip to combine your relationship maps with your CRM and sales tasks.
Prolifiq best features
- Prolifiq ACE is an intelligent digital content management system that integrates with your relationship mapping tool
- Prolifiq CRUSH supports key account management and revenue optimization
- Measure key stakeholder influence within Prolifiq
- Use Prolifiq to prioritize certain stakeholders and assign them to members of your sales team
- Prolifiq doesn’t have a lot of reviews
- Some users say they have issues with slow load times
- Relationship Mapping Tool Native in Salesforce: $19/month per user
- Crush: $49/month per user
- Ace: $49/month per user
- Complete Suite: $79/month per user
Prolifiq ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 5/5 (1 review)
Upland is a software behemoth that makes solutions for everything from email marketing to knowledge management. Its relationship mapping software, Altify, works natively in Salesforce to connect all decision-makers in one clear graphic.
Not only does it identify relationships between stakeholders, but Altify also helps refine your sales process. Identify gaps in your sales strategy and find suggestions to improve going forward.
Upland best features
- Hover over contacts in your map to see their influence and purchasing power
- Altify helps you identify detractors and supporters
- Collaborate in Altify with your team in real-time
- Import new and existing contacts to Salesforce
- Some users say the reports aren’t intuitive
- Others say Altify generally suffers from a lack of usability and an unwieldy UI
- Contact for pricing
Upland ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2 reviews)
Maybe you don’t need a fancy tool that connects to Salesforce. If you’re looking for free relationship mapping software without the bells and whistles, try DBDiagram. 🛠️
This is a free tool, but it’s much more technical than the other options on our top 10 list. DBDiagram connects with SQL databases to visualize data in real-time. You can use it for a lot more than just relationship mapping, but you need some serious database knowledge to use DBDiagram correctly.
DBDiagram best features
- Export your relationship maps to an image file or PDF
- DBDiagram integrates with SQL files
- Share diagrams internally or externally with a single click
- DBDiagram integrates with web frameworks like Ruby on Rails and Django
- DBDiagram can get technical, so it’s best for people who understand SQL
- Users’ number-one complaint is its complexity and the lack of visual design features
- Personal Pro: $9/month
- Team: $40/month for three users
DBDiagram ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (2 reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Sales teams use Creately to build Visual Workspaces for brainstorming and project execution. While you can use it as relationship mapping software, Creately’s planning tools are where it’s at.
Whether you need to build customer journey maps, buyer personas, or a relationship map, there’s a Creately framework for it. It also includes an impressive number of templates for concept maps, mind mapping, wireframes, and more.
Creately best features
- Creately has KPIs and OKRs baked into the platform
- Securely collaborate on relationship maps in real-time
- Brainstorm and develop roadmaps
- Use Creately templates for diagrams, charts, storyboards, work breakdown structures, and much more
- Some users say Creately lags when they load diagrams with a lot of data
- Other users say it’s tough navigating the canvases—especially large ones
- Starter: $5/month per user
- Business: $89/month for unlimited users
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Creately ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (970+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (160+ reviews)
Do you work at a Microsoft company? Visio is a no-brainer for Microsoft 365 companies because it’s already included in your subscription.
It’s primarily a data visualization tool, so you can use Visio as much more than relationship mapping software. Collaborate with your team in real-time to visualize data via desktop or the Visio web app. 📈
Visio best features
- Viso includes dozens of templates for diagrams and stencils
- Collaborate on Visio diagrams from within Microsoft Teams
- Convert Excel data into Visio diagrams in just a few clicks with the Data Visualizer tool
- Port custom Visio diagrams over to Word documents or PowerPoint presentations
- Visio probably doesn’t make sense if you don’t already have Microsoft 365
- Some users say Visio isn’t as intuitive as other diagramming tools
- Microsoft 365: Included
- Visio Plan 1: $5/month per user
- Visio Plan 2: $15/month per user
Visio ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (650+ reviews)
- Capterra: (3,000+ reviews)
MindNode is primarily a mind-mapping and outlining tool, but you can use it for relationship mapping, too. It’s deceptively simple-looking, but it packs an impressive number of features into the platform.
Use MindNode to track tasks, outline ideas, and create visual tags. It also throws in some cool themes, stickers, and styling to make for a gorgeous visual experience.
MindNode best features
- Share and export your mind map with your team
- Turn on Focus Mode to eliminate distractions
- View outlines and mind maps side-by-side
- Add more context with Visual Tags
- Some users say it’s hard to export mind maps
- MindNode doesn’t natively integrate with popular CRMs
- Monthly: $3.63 (£2.99)
- Yearly: $24.27 (£19.99)
MindNode ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (15 reviews)
Pipeliner is a CRM first and foremost, but don’t let that fool you. You can also use this platform as powerful relationship mapping software. In fact, Pipeliner says it’s the only CRM to include relationship mapping as a native feature. 👩💻
Best of all, Pipeliner integrates with Microsoft and Google suites, so if you want to view your CRM data within your office suite, it’s as easy as adding an integration.
Pipeliner best features
- Pipeliner Automatizer offers no-code workflow optimization
- Use the Pipeliner mobile app with built-in AI
- Connect your relationship map with bootstrapping, pyramiding, or backward mapping strategies
- View relationship maps alongside your CRM data for more context
- Pipeliner’s integrations can be a little slow
- Other users say the API connector breaks often
- Starter: $65/month per user, billed annually
- Business: $85/month per user, billed annually
- Enterprise: $115/month per user, billed annually
- Unlimited: $150/month per user, billed annually
Pipeliner ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (460+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (210+ reviews)
Pingboard is actually an employee engagement solution for mobilizing and planning workforce resources, but you can also use it to map relationships.
Use its org chart feature to build out relationship maps for your prospects. Teams Matrix is a brand-new feature that displays cross-functional teams in one easy-to-read diagram.
Pingboard best features
- Large sales teams will love the Employee Directory, which connects you with your co-workers in seconds
- Automate meeting scheduling
- Measure and recognize sales wins
- Pingboard integrates with Google Workplace, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft 365, and more
- Pingboard is tailored more towards management and HR than it is to sales
- Some users say Pingboard’s integrations are buggy
- Basic: $149/month, paid annually
- Essential: $299/month, paid annually
- Pro: $399/month, paid annually
- Custom pricing: Contact for pricing
Pingboard ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (290+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (590+ reviews)
Lucid is one of the best-known names in the diagramming world. Use Lucidchart’s drag-and-drop diagram builder to quickly map relationships in real-time with your sales team. Lucidspark is a virtual whiteboard that’s perfect for brainstorming sales strategies after building a solid relationship map.
Lucid best features
- Collaborate in real-time with your co-workers via tags and chats
- Assign team members to each relationship or task to speed up implementation
- Lucid integrates with Google, Microsoft, and Atlassian products
- Quickly visualize data via Lucid’s vast third-party integrations
- Users wish Lucid offered offline access
- Other users say Visio is easier to use
- Contact for pricing
Lucid ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (4,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1,900+ reviews)
ClickUp: The Secret to Customer Success
Relationship mapping software is the bedrock of any successful sales strategy. It gives your team the chance to brainstorm, experiment with new ideas, and deliver better client experiences.
But modern sales requires a lot more than just pretty graphics. You need to execute your big ideas, which is why so many sales teams go with ClickUp. Save time by bringing all of your relationship maps, notes, tasks, and metrics into one intuitive platform. ✨
You don’t have to just take our word for it, either. Give ClickUp a test drive with your team to see its time-saving features firsthand. Create a ClickUp Workspace now for free—no credit card required.