The Ultimate List of Marketing Goals for Your Business
Ovi Negrean is the CEO and Co-Founder of SocialBee, one of the most user-friendly social media management tools on the market. He and his team help startups, small businesses, freelancers, and entrepreneurs reach their marketing goals through keyword-informed and customer-driven articles, as well as innovative social media content.
In an era of shifting priorities, setting clear and measurable marketing goals is of the essence if you want to keep your business on track. But oftentimes, these goals are scattered around in different spreadsheets, innumerable sticky notes, or various journals.
For a while, your progress is linear and steady. You manage to cross-check your sources to gradually tick items off your list and reach the desired outcomes. But at one point, a big disconnect occurs. It could be an objective reason, like a pandemic, or other low-level priorities that distract you from your bigger goals.
Either way, your goal-setting technique is doomed, and you’re this close (see below) to losing track of your goals and letting the already-made progress go to waste.
There are 3 reasons why this happens:
- You have too many goals, and you exhausted yourself trying to keep up
- You haven’t set the right goals
- You haven’t set realistic goals
And this can happen at a personal or professional level as well. If a business doesn’t have the right goals, then it will not reach success. This is why we would like to show you the best marketing goals your business can have. 💪
1. Build a Powerful Brand
A lot of people wonder: Does branding even matter unless you’re a Fortune 500 company? Well, we know that Rome was not built in a day, so why would branding a business be any different? As much as we would like to think of it as a ‘one and done’ endeavor, it takes time to build a strong brand image and set yourself apart on the market.
Now, going beyond your product offering and getting started on your brand image is where the real work takes place. It’s not just about putting some colors together and choosing a name and a logo. Not when you want your brand image to stand out. To be successful, you also have to establish your core values, your niche, the USP (unique selling proposition), and much more.
Once you have everything figured out, stick to your guns. That means not changing your brand image every single week.
What happens when you do that? You lose customer trust. 😱
Just think about the biggest brands out there: Coca-Cola, Starbucks, McDonald’s, Apple. They kept their brand image intact and that’s why customers trust them so much. They know what they’re getting.
Create your brand and make sure every department is on the same page by using the hundreds of customizable features offered in ClickUp. 😉
2. Increase Web Traffic and Generate More Leads
Most of your marketing efforts revolve around one thing and one thing only — to drive people back to your website. And once they’re there, well… the world is your oyster. Actually, not really. You want to turn visitors from prospects into leads. How can I do that, you ask? 🤔
Well, think of yourself as a traffic controller. If you’re directing visitors to various sources that do nothing to streamline the flow of traffic, you’re doing it wrong. Instead, you should leverage all your marketing tactics to direct users back to your website. Once you get traffic, make sure that users get value from your pages and enjoy the experience. After all, there’s nothing worse than a bumper-to-bumper situation on a congested highway.
There are plenty of strategies you can try to turn your website into a lead generation engine. The key here is to also measure each tactic and see which one suits your business the most.
Here’s what you can do: 👇
- try different advertisement types
- come up with catchy headlines
- create quality content
- pay attention to SEO
- look up high traffic keywords
- start blogging
- invest in email marketing
Any of these ideas are great, but whether you plan on starting a blog or an email marketing campaign, ClickUp has the tools you need, all in one place. Do you want to get started on a blog post and keep your editorial calendar in check? ClickUp helps you stay organized! Do you want to have successful email marketing campaigns and track your KPIs? ClickUp can help there too! 🤯
3. Increase Social Media Following and Engagement
First of all, how’s your social media strategy going? Wait, don’t answer that if you’re having trouble using social media to support your business goals. The truth is, you’re not alone — 47% of social media marketers report the same thing.
It’s time to turn the tables on this missed opportunity and give social media the credit it deserves. Let’s have a look at the numbers and see how you can put that information to good use.
But how does social media marketing work? Well, there are a few tips and tricks, so let’s explore a few of them:
- Build an online presence — to do this, you need to post regularly. So no more posting once or twice per month, but once or twice per day. You might see this as an exaggeration but think of it like this: if your customer is following 500 people and businesses, which post daily at least 2 posts, that means that your customer has to go through 1000 posts. If you post just once a few days, it’s quite likely that your customer will not see your post, so you will not make the most of your social media efforts. 🙅♀️
- Choose the main platform — while it is ideal to post on as many platforms as possible and expand your reach, see which one is most popular with your customers. For example, if your customers are young, then they are most likely to be on Instagram. But if your customers are professional adults, then your go-to platform is LinkedIn. 👨💼
- Create good content — but the tricky question that comes afterward is how do you create good content? It all starts with eye-catching visuals. Once you have that, you have to write out the copy. Again, depending on your customers, you can use an easy-going tone or a more formal tone. The thing that’s important here is to put the customer and their needs first. 🤝
Once you have built a good following, don’t forget to interact with your followers. You can do that through polls, surveys, or by answering questions and responding to their comments.
Bottom Line 🙌
This article started off quite ambitiously, aiming to unpack the ultimate goals every marketer should put on their agenda moving forward. But if there’s anything we learned from 2021 is that ambitious goals are overrated. Instead, start slow and see all the goals add up.
Investing in your brand image, building a solid website, and taking your social media efforts seriously could be great primers to set your business on the growth path. And once you’ve ironed out these goals, you can easily level up and explore other initiatives that are more on the ambitious side. 💪
And last but not least — treat everything as a journey. This list of marketing goals might be short, but you’ll find tremendous learning opportunities along the way. Use it to communicate your value, educate your audience, and engage with your prospects to turn them into customers. And when the going gets tough, you can rely on ClickUp to lend a helping hand and keep your goals on track. How does it do it?
It brings everything that your business needs to perform well in one place. This means that you don’t have to waste time nor money on several different platforms. From to-do lists to events, docs, and goal tracking, you have it all with ClickUp. And the best thing is, there is a free version that you can try out today.
Now, it’s time to get to work!
What are you waiting for? Reaching goals has never been easier than now, with ClickUp. ✨