Responding to feedback improves customer satisfaction and builds customer loyalty. But before you can respond to feedback, you must gather it.
Customer feedback tools have made their way into many successful organizations’ tech stacks and customer relationship management strategies. These tools come in various forms, such as online survey software with pre-built survey templates and user feedback widgets.
Whether you’re looking to dive deep into user behavior, measure your net promoter score, or improve customer experience, there’s a product to fit your needs. This guide will cover the best customer feedback tools available and break down what makes them unique. 🛠️
What are Customer Feedback Tools?
Customer feedback tools are software products that help companies capture customer feedback from their product or service users to understand and improve the customer experience. Companies can collect data through feedback forums, online reviews, and pop-up surveys depending on the software.
Organizations can then create a feedback loop, allowing them to be proactive about increasing customer satisfaction and providing their internal teams with critical feedback via performance improvement plan templates. These tools include feedback widgets brands can embed on their websites and mobile app surveys that capture feedback on the go.
What Should You Look for in Customer Feedback Tools?
When searching for the best customer feedback tools, keep the following key points in mind:
- Multichannel feedback collection: The tool you choose should allow you to gather feedback from multiple channels, including mobile apps, websites, and in-person interactions
- Customized surveys: The ideal tool will allow you to create surveys tailored to specific questions to elicit insights throughout the customer journey
- Advanced analytics: Beyond just collecting customer feedback, the tool should have feedback analysis capabilities to turn raw data into actionable feedback, such as leveraging user feedback for project prioritization
- User-friendly interface: Software that’s difficult to use can be more of a hindrance than an asset. The ideal tool should allow everyone to get up to speed quickly and ideally include ready-to-use resources like free feedback form templates to get you started right away
- Visual feedback: Some of the best customer feedback tools provide customers with visual feedback mechanisms that let them highlight specific areas of a website or product
- Feedback forums: A tool should ideally have feedback forums that allow customers to discuss products, submit requests, and interact directly with members of your team
- Instant feedback: The best tools will have instant feedback mechanisms that allow you to respond proactively to customer complaints or suggestions
- Integration capabilities: The customer feedback platform should seamlessly integrate with customer service tools and software, customer support channels, and other key elements of your tech stack
10 Best Customer Feedback Tools in 2023
With so many options, getting the right customer feedback tool can make all the difference. The following list of customer feedback tools covers a range of use cases to help you begin your search:
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management platform that provides a host of features that benefit other tasks, including user feedback tools. For example, ClickUp Forms seeks to facilitate feedback collection, and there are custom forms you can use to request customer feedback and gather specific information relevant to a given product. There’s even the ClickUp Feedback Form Template that shows you what the platform can do.
ClickUp Docs is another customer feedback tool that offers a collaborative space for creating and editing documents. It’s a great way of documenting or collecting feedback from users. It also provides a repository of feedback-related documents and helps you align and inform everyone on the team.
ClickUp best features
- Create custom forms to share with users for feedback
- Categorize feedback types using custom fields
- Discuss feedback with team members using the comments feature
- Create tasks and assign team members to address feedback
- Create and share FAQs or signposts to the knowledge base to answer common questions
- The learning curve can be steep for some users, since ClickUp is an all-in-one platform combining features found in project management tools, customer success software, and much more
- The mobile app lacks some functionality
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI: Available for purchase on all paid plans at the price of $5 per Workspace member and internal guest per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
This customer feedback tool helps organizations create a dynamic customer feedback loop. Users create feature requests to provide feedback. Other users then vote on those requests, helping you prioritize what to work on.
This democratic approach provides insight into customer preferences and the developments users value most. A feedback widget that integrates easily into apps or websites collects customer feedback.
Canny best features
- Capture product feedback in one place
- Analyze feedback data to inform product decisions
- Prioritize and roadmap features based on feedback
- Announce product updates to engage customers
- Integrate the software with other project management tools
- Can be expensive
- Lacks a white-labeling ability
- Data import requires more options
- Growth: $360/month
- Business: Contact sales for pricing
Canny ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (44 reviews)
Survicate allows you to gather customer feedback effectively through various mediums, including targeted surveys, feedback widgets, and website feedback tools. It empowers organizations to craft customer feedback surveys that resonate with their audience, leveraging sentiment analysis to gauge respondents’ moods and opinions.
The tool integrates effortlessly with popular customer relationship management and marketing platforms, streamlining the data collection process. Survicate also offers NPS surveys, allowing you to measure customer loyalty and identify areas where you can enhance customer experience and foster long-term relationships.
Survicate best features
- Run multichannel customer feedback surveys
- Track and analyze key customer feedback metrics
- Create professional surveys with over 400+ templates
- Integrate the software with your other third-party tools
- Use advanced targeting to improve response rates
- Occasionally slow backend
- Fewer features compared with competitors
- Steep learning curve for some features
- Starter: $53/month
- Business: $117/month
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
Survicate ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (29 reviews)
This relative newcomer is a visual customer feedback tool that lets users take screenshots of a website or web app and annotate them. The feedback widget embeds on websites, providing easy access for customers.
Such a prominent placement on your site encourages a feedback loop, reminding visitors that the organization cares about customer satisfaction. The feedback loop serves as a powerful driver for customer sentiment analysis.
Loop also offers tools for creating a user forum where customers can provide direct customer feedback and interact with staff members and other users.
Loop best features
- Visual customer feedback integrates directly into your website
- Embeddable forum allows users to vote on feedback
- Rating system enables feedback ratings on a scale from 1-10, ensuring quality feedback
- Seamless in-app feedback lets users take screenshots and annotate specific sections
- Limited customer reviews
- Premium: $39/month
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
Loop ratings and reviews
- No reviews available
Typeform is a survey tool with an interactive and user-friendly design. It offers several survey templates that let you begin collecting feedback quickly.
Companies can create unlimited surveys to dive deep into all aspects of the customer experience, including targeted surveys that pinpoint specific customer segments for a more detailed look at the customer experience. This can help illuminate customer segments and ensure marketing efforts appeal to their preferences.
Organizations can even employ Typeform’s analytical features to analyze customer feedback and use it to drive customer success.
Typeform best features
- Includes forms that aim to be refreshingly different
- Presents one question at a time, making form-filling feel effortless
- Features striking visuals to catch users’ eyes
- Allows you to embed forms on various platforms
- Integrates with 120+ other tools
- Overly restrictive free plan, unlike many of the best Typeform alternatives
- Performance that lags on complex forms
- Expensive pricing structure
- Basic: $29/month
- Plus: $59/month
- Business: $99/month
Typeform ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (650+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (700+ reviews)
Feefo aims to provide an authentic means to collect customer feedback, focusing on online reviews that follow a strict verification process to ensure that the feedback is valid and represents real customer experiences.
The analysis tools available in Feefo help identify customer satisfaction breaks and pinpoint the exact areas requiring attention. The transparency and trust these interactions foster help build customer retention, allowing organizations to forge a reputation for customer success.
Feefo best features
- Largest verified buyer reviews platform
- Genuine and verified reviews
- Improved product and customer experiences
- Can be expensive
- Reporting can be complex, especially if you’re integrating with customer retention software
- Essential: $119/month
- Enhanced: $299/month
Feefo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (2 reviews)
Hotjar is more than just customer feedback software: It provides a complete customer experience management solution. This includes a suite of user testing tools that allow organizations to gain deep and actionable customer insights about behavior on websites and provide real-time website feedback that Hotjar presents in an easy-to-understand visualization.
Data collection comes from recording customer inputs on websites and direct user feedback. You can use this easily accessible data to increase customer lifetime value.
Hotjar best features
- Use heatmaps to assess which parts of your website get the most attention
- Record real user sessions to identify and address issues
- Collect direct feedback from users as they experience your site
- Create surveys to engage with users directly
- Conduct one-on-one interviews with customers
- Limited free plan
- Steep learning curve for advanced features
- Data storage limitations
- Observe Plus: $32/month
- Observe Business: $80/month
- Observe Scale: $171/month
- Ask Plus: $48/month
- Ask Business: $64/month
- Ask Scale: $128/month
- Engage Plus: $280/month
- Engage Business: $440/month
- Engage Scale: Contact sales for pricing
Hotjar ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (250+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (450+ reviews)
8. Sprinklr Insights
Sprinklr Insights is a robust customer feedback tool that thoroughly manages and analyzes customer feedback. It features a unified platform for gathering customer feedback from various touchpoints, allowing for a complete integration of customer data.
Beyond its feedback tool, Sprinklr’s advanced analytics provide actionable insights. Artificial intelligence (AI) enhancements make the already valuable feedback even more useful.
Sprinklr Insights best features
- Unified customer experience platform
- AI-powered listening for deeper insight into feedback
- Real-time interpretation of customer voices
Sprinklr Insights limitations
- Limited engagement capabilities
- Publishing options that could be more expansive
- Lack of features regarding LinkedIn support
Sprinklr Insights pricing
- Contact sales for pricing
Sprinklr Insights ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (50+ reviews)
User feedback software Userbrain has a unique value proposition. Its large database of volunteers provides organizations with real user insights into their products. This is perfect for companies looking to conduct early customer experience testing on new products or new features for existing products.
Because this is a unique way to collect feedback compared with other items on this list, Userbrain pairs perfectly with many other customer feedback tools.
Userbrain best features
- Create user tests in minutes
- Access a vast tester pool
- Gain insights from real-time user interaction videos
- Improve feedback response with collaboration features
- The mobile interface needs work
- The software’s features have some limitations compared with competitors
- Feedback from testers isn’t always insightful
- Starter: $99/month
- Pro: $299/month
- Agency: $799/month
- Pay as you go: $39 per tester
Userbrain ratings and reviews
- G2: 5/5 (five reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (86 reviews)
One of the largest names among feedback tools, SurveyMonkey offers a platform for crafting and distributing custom-tailored surveys. While there are many top-rated SurveyMonkey alternatives, SurveyMonkey remains one of the best customer feedback tools on the market.
It provides an array of templates and customization options to help organizations gather customer feedback effectively. You can embed the survey widget on websites to make capturing user feedback more seamless and use the net promoter score to gauge customer loyalty and satisfaction.
SurveyMonkey best features
- Handles a wide range of use cases
- Integrates with over 100 apps
- Allows you to build and customize forms easily
- Helps you create better surveys with built-in AI
- Limited free plan
- Response limits are low
- Learning curve for advanced capabilities
- Individual: $39/month
- Team: $25/month per user
- Premier: $75/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
SurveyMonkey ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (18k+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (9,500+ reviews)
Try a Great Customer Feedback Tool Like ClickUp
We’ve now seen several great customer feedback tools. Many of them serve unique purposes, and combining the ones that catch your eye the most makes sense.
For a robust solution, ClickUp goes beyond customer feedback tools alone, providing a complete customer support system. Sign up today and gather user feedback, create knowledge bases, and manage feedback-related projects all in one place with ClickUp. ✨