Every day, business professionals and contract managers across business verticals grapple with the burdens of manual contract management.
They are :
- Sorting through disorganized cloud storage for old contracts
- Struggling to format clauses copied from various sources
- Tediously exporting, sharing, and revising documents through multiple channels for the sales team and legal departments to review
- Engaging in the cumbersome process of manual signing, scanning, and passing on the document to the next signee
This repetitive contract management cycle consumes valuable time, drains resources, and contributes to employee burnout.
Contract management software automates manual tasks such as managing contracts in a central location and updating the changes for all decision-makers.
Advanced contract management tools enable internal and external parties to sign them using e-signatures, track stakeholders who review contracts, and ensure contract storage and security of critical documents.
Are you looking for contract software to make the job of your legal and sales teams easier?
Here, we’ve compiled a list of the best contract management software to accelerate the contracting process, automate the approval process, and manage contracts faster to get the deal moving quickly.
What Should You Look for In Contract Management Software?
- User-friendly interface: The contract management system should have an intuitive interface to manage contracts from ideation to execution
- Version control: Choose a contract management solution with version control to help you stay on top of all the iterations when you negotiate contracts. Look for advanced features to manage contracts, redline, approve, and review documents, and change the contract language with a few clicks
- Pre-built templates: Most contract management software provides access to pre-written contract templates such as business agreement templates and approved clauses library to save time and mitigate risk when building smart contracts play
- Automated alerts: Look for an all-in-one solution with automated workflows for contract renewals to keep all parties involved in the loop and never miss critical deadlines
- Analytics and detailed reporting: The contract management software solution should allow your team to manage master service agreements and contract visibility. The platform should offer robust analytics such as contract values, contract performance, and deadlines and navigate complex contractual hierarchies
- Integration with other tools: Choose a contract management software that provides integration with your automation tools, CRM, project management tools, procurement management software, operations management software, and e-signature tools
- Contract library: Contract management tools house all your contracts in a secure repository and allow you to locate contracts with robust search and filter functionality
The 10 Best Contract Management Software Apps to Use in 2024
ClickUp is a contact management software that helps organizations streamline and track all their contracts through each stage of the contract lifecycle, from proposal, creation, approval, and submission. Never miss a deadline on contract renewals again.
ClickUp has various contract management templates, document management, and contract storage to store, track, and manage contracts. Even with the free plan, keep all the parties involved in the loop and set deadlines to stay on top of renewals.
ClickUp best features
- Create tasks with custom statuses to track the progress of each contract
- Categorize all business contract-related details such as signing date, department, and type of contract to manage contracts and visualize contract data
- Easily access and organize all your docs in different ClickUp configurations, such as the getting started guide, contract list, and contract request form
- Track changes to terms of the agreement, payments made, and any legal issues
- Improve contract management and tracking with project management features such as time-tracking, dependency warnings, emails, and more
- ClickUp tasks allow you to plan, organize, and collaborate on contracts by assigning comments as action items and adding comment threads for any task
- Create and store documents related to contract management and visualize progress across the contract lifecycle with ClickUp Dashboards
- ClickUp AI allows you to draft contracts in an automated manner by handing all the details to AI so you can focus on strategic tasks. AI-powered contract management creates a better experience for you, your clients, and all parties involved
- Some users have reported a steep learning curve for first-time users
- The interface can be slow
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/user/month
- Business: $12/user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
Ever find yourself digging into contracts to find critical information or a clause? With a contract management system like Conga, you can delegate this tedious task to AI.
Conga’s AI-powered contract management software handles end-to-end contract lifecycle management. Conga Contract Intelligence extracts commercial terms with AI and transforms them into verified data for business users.
Conga best features
- Store and search all contracts-related critical documents and use AI to extract contract data automatically
- Create and deliver alert notifications to the right stakeholders from the contract management system with Salesforce integration
- Find information about any agreement using the contextual topic search or locate the data with filterable, customizable dashboards
- Navigating between different pages is difficult in the contract repository
- Contract templates are not customizable
- Custom pricing
Conga ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (398 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (72 reviews)
Avoid this mess and the lengthy contracting process with DealHub, a contract management software.
DealHub simplifies the contract management process by bringing all the stakeholders to collaborate on one digital dashboard, DealRoom, to generate legal documents, revise contracts, manage redlines, and provide real-time status and visibility.
DealHub best features
- The contract management platform generates NDAs, MSAs, and other contracts in various formats such as HTML, Word, and PDFs
- Configure approval workflows to get internal alignment before sending the contract to customers
- CRM integration with Salesforce, Freshworks, and Hubspot gives complete access to all agreements and documents directly within your CRM and has permission-based user roles
- The template creation interface is not user-friendly
- Lacks integration with e-signature tools such as Docusign
- DealRoom: Custom pricing
- DealHub CPQ: Custom pricing
- DealHub Billing: Custom pricing
DealHub ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (551 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (39 reviews)
IConcord is an all-in-one contract management system for businesses to streamline contract document management with approval workflows for both internal and external parties. Automating contract negotiation and redundant tasks such as redlining and tracking changes becomes easy.
The secure contract repository stores the most updated current version of the contract. Contract management systems allow team members to e-sign smart contracts with a few clicks.
With professional and enterprise plans, you get insights from all your contracts with Concord’s comprehensive dashboard for reporting and analytics.
Concord best features
- Add a comment or chat in real-time in your contract document with internal reviewers, business teams, customers, or contract management vendors
- Automatically direct the contracts to the reviewers and get them approved in the Concord document within the contract management platform
- Collect unlimited legally binding e-signatures for free inside the contract doc
- Integrate Concord docs with your daily workflows
- Some features could be more customizable, such as allowing to add a date on signing fields
- Adding unlimited users to your contracts comes at an extra cost
- Standard: $17/user/month
- Professional: $49/month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing
Concord ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (131 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (196 reviews)
Trackado’s contract management solutions allow business teams to access critical documents from anywhere. Set approval workflows for different teams, automatically get notified of critical dates and tasks, and surface insights about contracts’ financial health.
Trackado best features
- Contract repository is an all-in-one tool to manage the contract lifecycle
- Set events and reminders for upcoming contract renewal and assign them to relevant team members
- Workflow automation module to route your contracts through necessary review and approval process before sending them to customers
- Lacks the ability to search and filter using company name
- It does not integrate with Microsoft Dynamics for data flow between business sources
- Free plan
- Starter: $39/month
- Business: $129/month
- Enterprise: $299/month
Trackado ratings and reviews
- G2: Not enough reviews
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (22 reviews)
GetAccept is a contract management software that provides organizations with pre-built templates for smooth contract management solutions.
You can collaborate with stakeholders to create an easy buying experience, reducing time to close deals with interactive proposals and secure electronic signatures.
GetAccept best features
- Overview dashboard to manage contracts of all your pending deals and evaluate which needs your most attention
- Upload your sales collateral in folders respective to the sales process or create mobile-responsive sales content using the editor
- Shorten your proposal creation process by using pre-built contract templates or even create your own
- There is no functionality to make a copy of the draft
- Difficulty in sorting and filtering out the data for contract management
- Essential: $15/user/month
- Deal Room Professional: $39/user/month
- Contract Room Professional: $49/user/month
- Full Suite Professional: $79/user/month
GetAccept ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (779 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (31 reviews)
Have you ever found yourself getting lost in an audit trail to find the correct version to send to external parties for signing?
ContractWorks enables teams to manage multiple client projects and contracts end-to-end. Use ContractWorks’ contract management software with AI features to manage contract lifecycles, improve transparency, and get alerts about crucial contract details and events.
ContractWorks best features
- Draft agreements in the contract management tool in a few minutes by answering preconfigured questions, re-use data across agreements, and delegate drafting
- A shared environment for relevant folks to facilitate contract negotiations collaboratively with an audit trail
- Advance search functionality with OCR to find contract details easily
- Integration with GPT 3 to leverage AI for contract creation and clause simplification
- Advanced features such as contract drafting templates, version control, and workflow automation are only available in premium plans
- No bulk operations available, such as archiving all expired contracts
- Standard: $700/month
- Professional: $900/month
- Premium: $2000/month
ContractWorks ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (79 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (76 reviews)
Most large enterprises or government offices work with legacy contract management software. Making a simple change to existing contract workflow automation will likely take months and tens of thousands of dollars, leading to delays and mounting financial burdens.
Modern software such as Agiloft has no-code dashboards to empower contract managers to make this change, saving time and the contract management software cost.
Agiloft’s intuitive interface boosts user adoption rate, AI-powered features accelerate contract creation, and security compliance ensures legal contract workflows.
Agiloft best features
- Offers a fully customizable no-code platform to manage the entire contract lifecycle
- Dynamic clause libraries and templates to fasten the contract creation process
- The natural language search feature enables you to find the contract documents and details you need quickly
- The interface is not intuitive to set up and has a steep learning curve initially
- Does not have the technology to identify duplicate agreements
- Essentials: Custom pricing
- Advanced: Custom pricing
- Premium: Custom pricing
Agiloft ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (72 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (34 reviews)
Outlaw is a modern contract management software that streamlines the contract lifecycle for organizations—from templated document generation to contract-based redlining to real-time negotiation and eSigning.
With key features to streamline contract drafting and negotiations, Outlaw’s all-one solution empowers your legal team to focus on strategic work rather than getting lost in the contracting process.
Outlaw best features
- Create a custom contract template with a dynamic clause library, conditional guardrails, and batch-generation features
- Real-time audit trail, version control, and notifications to maintain transparency and visibility
- Integrates with 1000+ apps out of the box via secure APIs to fit your workflow
- Not intuitive with court-related documents
- Adding unlimited users to contracts is not possible
- Custom pricing
Outlaw ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (86 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (41 reviews)
Multiple departments, such as sales, finance, and operations, develop contract documents. Contract management systems provide visibility of deadlines and keep all the associated stakeholders in sync, leading to a timely and successful contract closure.
ContractSafe is a contract management software with an intuitive dashboard for quick access to critical information with search features. Streamline your contract creation process with available custom contract templates catering to your requirements.
ContractSafe best features
- Track all your ongoing contracts at each step, reducing risk, reducing wasted hours, and keeping your organization running effectively
- ContractSafe’s contract management software is built on AWS and offers features like encryption, malware and virus detection, and vulnerability tests to keep your critical documents safe
- Set contract deadline reminders for contract renewals and expiry, which get sent automatically to your email
- There is no option to drag and drop a contract into different folders
- Some features are not as straightforward and require training and further explanation from the implementation team
- Basic: $329/month
- Standard: $549/month
- Professional: $779/month
- Enterprise: $999/month
ContractSafe ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (82 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (130 reviews)
Revolutionize Contracts with the Best Contract Management Systems
The contract management software you choose will guide you toward efficient contract lifecycle management and increase organizational productivity. Choose a contract management tool consistent with your business team’s workflows and secure for team collaboration.
ClickUp is one of the best contract management software available for business professionals, legal departments, sales teams, and anyone who wants to draft and share contracts.
Empower your legal team with contract management templates and ClickUp AI to streamline and accelerate the contract management process from weeks and days to hours.
Workflow management guided by project management techniques helps break down complex projects into manageable tasks. Plus, contract management software allows you to assign responsibilities, track progress, and automate manual workflow steps in the contract process.
Clickup’s contract management systems integrate with your existing stack to ensure a transparent and secure information flow between different teams across your business. Plan, manage, and track all your business contracts for contract lifecycle management on ClickUp’s intuitive dashboard.
Sign up for ClickUp’s free trial and use the contract management software.