Artificial intelligence (AI) does more than craft clever copy or generate exciting art. Today’s AI is becoming a true creative partner, helping teams collaborate, ideate, and problem-solve.
One of the best ways to put AI-powered features to work in the creative process is through the mind-mapping and brainstorming processes. AI can help transform thoughts into structured mind maps or spark innovative ideas in brainstorming sessions, finding unique connections and insights that human eyes might overlook.
Want to see what AI can do to transform your mind-mapping and brainstorming sessions? Here are 10 remarkable AI-powered mind map tools that can help reshape your creative process and bridge the gap between human imagination and the next big idea.
What Should You Look for in AI Tools for Mind Mapping?
When choosing an AI tool for mind mapping, you’ll want to evaluate the offered features carefully. There are five essential features to look for when searching for the best mind map software:
- Intuitive user interface: You shouldn’t have to spend hours learning how to use mind-mapping software before you can put it to work effectively. Good mind-mapping software should be intuitive enough that you can start using it within a few minutes
- Smart AI suggestions: AI tools for mind mapping should give you intelligent suggestions and recommendations while you build your mind map. The AI might suggest keywords, help connect ideas, or identify gaps in your mind map to make your brainstorming more effective
- Good integration options: Mind-mapping software becomes even more helpful when connecting it with other apps and platforms in your tech stack. Look for AI mind map software compatible with your favorite productivity tools, such as Google Workspace, Slack, or project management software. Check the platform’s export options, too
- Robust collaboration features: Brainstorming is often a collaborative effort. If you plan on mind mapping with a team, ensure the AI platform you choose allows you to do so easily. Look for real-time collaboration features so that multiple team members can simultaneously work on the same mind map
- Fair pricing: Many mind-mapping apps on this list offer free options, which can be a great way to test the platform and confirm it suits your needs. Make sure the free plan gives you the features you want, and if you need to upgrade, ensure the paid plan fits your budget
Use trial periods and free plans to test a few AI features. This will help you determine which options best align with your needs and workflow.
The 10 Best AI Mind Mapping Tools to Use in 2023
You likely already know and love ClickUp for its versatile project management capabilities, but the platform offers a unique blend of features you can leverage for superior brainstorming and mind-mapping sessions.
With the addition of ClickUp AI, users can now use AI tools to help them generate written content or ideas. The Whiteboard function of the platform is the perfect canvas for visual thinkers, allowing them to sketch out ideas, draw connections, and collaboratively brainstorm with team members.
ClickUp also offers a dedicated mind map template that gives users a structured way to organize their ideas. Combining these tools and functions allows ClickUp to become a versatile platform for linear and non-linear thinkers. This platform can effortlessly link into your workflow.
ClickUp best features
- AI-powered tools with pre-built prompts for every department in your organization
- Customizable mind-mapping templates make it easy to launch into a brainstorming session and quickly attach files
- Real-time collaboration gets everyone in on the action for faster idea generation
- ClickUp doesn’t create mind maps with AI (yet!), but it’s constantly introducing AI-powered prompts
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI: Available on all paid plans for $5/Workspace member/month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,700+ reviews)
Ayoa is a digital workspace for collaborative mind mapping. It stands out for its neuro-inclusivity and user-friendly interface. The mind-mapping software provides a visually engaging environment where individuals and teams brainstorm ideas, organize thoughts, and create actionable plans from initial concepts.
Ayoa best features
- AI mind map generators can help you expand on a central idea and ensure you ask the right questions
- Freehand branches create a visually exciting mind map and simulate the feeling of hand-drawing mind maps
- Lots of flexible mapping options, including whiteboards, workflows, canvas, and Gantt charts, so you see information in the best way
- Paywalled AI mind map generator tools mean you’ll need to pay for the Ultimate plan to take advantage of them.
- Ayoa Free
- Ayoa Mind Map: $10/month per user, billed annually
- Ayoa Ultimate: $13/month per user, billed annually
Ayoa ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (200+ reviews)
Boardmix is an online collaborative whiteboard software with a blend of AI mind map generator tools and a user-friendly interface. Users can create visually interesting mind maps while collaboratively brainstorming and using AI to unlock new insights. You can take down ideas in any format, including documents, PDFs, images, text, or drawings.
Boardmix best features
- Free templates help you jumpstart the mind map process and organize information
- Click and drag interface makes it super simple to move, add, and organize information
- Interactive tools, such as commenting, chatting, and video conferencing, enhance collaboration
- Because so many tools are available, the learning curve to creating comprehensive mind maps can be pretty steep
- Free Forever
- $104.40/three years
Boardmix ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3+ reviews)
Coggle is an excellent option if you are looking for straightforward mind-mapping apps. The user interface primarily uses click-and-drag functionality, with straightforward options for color-coding and categorizing branches. You can easily share a workspace with online collaborators by sending them a private link and seeing their real-time updates.
Coggle best features
- The user interface focuses on simplicity and accessibility to make it easy for beginners to create mind maps
- Chat window and secure link sharing allows you to collaborate with others in real time
- Easily add, change, or delete branches on your mind map as ideas develop
- No AI capabilities to help fuel the creative thinking process
- Awesome: $5/month
- Organization: $8/month per member
- Enterprise: Contact for a quote
Coggle ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.8/5 (5+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (40+ reviews)
5. Whimsical AI
Whimsical AI is an online platform made for creative thinking and collaboration. More than just an AI mind-mapping tool, users can put the platform’s flowcharts, wireframes, and other workflows to work in a single workspace.
Give the platform a starting point, then use the one-click AI tools to generate new branches from a central idea and brainstorm solutions. Create organization charts, product launch checklists, landing page templates, and more in Whimsical AI’s visually engaging collaborative environment.
Whimsical AI best features
- AI-powered suggestions make it easy to generate new ideas and create new connections
- Good selection of templates, such as concept maps, help jumpstart your ideation process
- Robust integration with popular productivity apps, including Jira, GitHub, Slack, and Notion
Whimsical AI limitations
- Some users find the user interface to be clunky
- It offers limited template options for more complex ideas
Whimsical AI pricing
- Pro: $10/month per editor, billed annually
- Organization: $20/month per editor, billed annually
Whimsical.AI ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (170+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (50+ reviews)
6. Wondershare EdrawMind
Wondershare EdrawMind is a collaborative space for mind mapping, brainstorming, and outlining. It has an excellent array of features that appeal to students and professionals alike and an intuitive interface that makes creating a visual representation for project planning and other complex ideas easy.
The platform also offers AI-powered mind mapping so users can create entire mind maps with a single click or use the AI interface to expand their current ideation. It even includes templates to help kickstart your process.
Wondershare EdrawMind best features
- Robust AI tools, including copy generation, SWOT analysis, smart annotation, weekly reports, and language translation
- Allows you to turn outlines into mind maps, and vice versa, so you can better arrange your ideas
- Templates for brainstorming, strategy planning, meeting notes, and much more
Wondershare EdrawMind limitation
- Limited exporting options, particularly in the free version of the platform
Wondershare EdrawMind pricing
- Subscription plan: $59/year
- Lifetime plan: $118
- Lifetime Bundle plan: $245
Wondershare EdrawMind ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (50+ reviews)
GitMind is an online mind-mapping and brainstorming tool that allows users to create, share, and collaborate on highly aesthetic mind maps. Create mind maps with unlimited nodes and branches, then share them as a PDF, image, or even a webpage.
GitMind offers a few templates to get started, and you can customize the look of your mind map with different themes and color schemes.
GitMind best features
- Excellent exporting features allow you to share your mind map in a variety of ways with your audience
- Integrated AI chatbot responds to queries, including providing summaries and central idea generation
- Add notes to your mind map so you can remember where you left off or what you want to explore next
- Limited template options, and users may find customization a bit fussy
- Basic: up to 10 mind maps free
- Three years: $2.19/month (with three years free)
- Annual: $4.08/month
- Monthly: $9/month
GitMind ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (3+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (9+ reviews)
Lucidchart is a web-based diagramming tool where you can easily create flowcharts, wireframes, mind maps, and more.
The platform offers collaborative features to visualize your ideas with your entire team. Intuitive drag-and-drop features allow you to quickly create your workspace, adding shapes, changing colors, and making notes where necessary. With its extensive integration capabilities, you can connect it with many of the apps in your tech stack for even more functionality.
Lucidchart best features
- Real-time collaboration allows you to collaborate with your entire team no matter your location
- Version history helps you track changes and easily revert to previous versions
- Great export options allow you to share your mind maps in your preferred format
- The mobile experience is clunky, and many users find resizing objects fiddly
- Individual: $7.95/month
- Team: $6.67/month
- Enterprise: Contact for custom pricing
Lucidchart ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (4,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1,900+ reviews)
Jeda.ai is a web-based whiteboarding tool that allows you to collaborate with teams in real time, regardless of location. The mind-mapping tool offers a variety of features to help you brainstorm, ideate, and manage projects. The AI tools allow you to create diagrams from a simple prompt, instantly creating use cases, recipes, mind maps, and more. It can even generate art or help analyze your data.
Jeda.ai best features
- Infinite canvas allows you to draw or write anywhere, adding images, notes, and smart shapes to create your mind maps
- Generative AI creates diagrams instantly from your given prompt
- Presentation mode makes it simple to get everyone on the same page and share with key stakeholders
- Some paywalled features, so you may not have the tools you need in the free version
- White Belt: Free
- Black Belt: $10/month
- Enterprise: Contact for custom pricing
Jeda.ai ratings and reviews
- Not available
Taskade is a collaborative workspace that combines task management, note-taking, and project management into a single tool.
It’s also a great web-based tool for mind mapping. Use the platform to create mind maps with your team collaboratively, then put the integrated AI to work generating task lists, launch plans, and more. It can even help you expand on your ideas or help you brainstorm solutions.
Taskade best features
- AI-powered tools to help you expand your mind map or generate task lists from brainstorming sessions
- Easily creates Kanban boards to help you visualize your workflow and project progress
- Integrates with other tools, such as Slack, Google Drive, and GitHub
- Some users experience lags as they upload more content or create more projects.
- Starter: $4/month for up to three users
- Plus: $8/month for up to five users
- Pro: $19/month for up to 10 users
- Business: $49/month for up to 25 users
- Ultimate: $99/month for up to 50 users
Taskade ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (40+ reviews)
Create and Collaborate on Dynamic Mind Maps With ClickUp
AI is helping creatives work more efficiently than ever. You can quickly organize your thoughts and create beautiful mind maps to guide your next project by harnessing innovative solutions such as AI mind-mapping tools.
Whether you need to organize class notes, plan the next project launch, or ideate the next big innovation, these AI tools can supercharge your brainstorming process and help you discover new ideas and connections.
Ready to take your productivity and creativity to the next level? It’s time to put ClickUp to work as an AI mind map generator. The comprehensive platform seamlessly integrates AI writing assistance with mind map templates to create a workspace where you can imagine, create, and plan. Start using the ClickUp platform for free today to build unlimited mind maps and discover your next great idea.