Operational managers face a daunting challenge: Juggling multiple SaaS applications across the organization.
Imagine a central command station where all your software tools are accessible from one place. Instead of constantly switching between different platforms, battling with integration issues, or wrangling scattered data, what if you could have a singular dashboard? A place where every tool, task, and timeline coexists harmoniously?
In this guide, we’ll cover the top 10 SaaS management platforms tailored for operations. Whether you’re revisiting your current toolkit or building from the ground up, we’ve got a curated list for you!
What Should You Look for in SaaS Management Tools?
You’re on the hunt for the perfect SaaS management platform. But what should be on your checklist? Let’s break it down:
- Integration prowess: Prioritize a SaaS management platform that seamlessly integrates with your existing applications. Look for tools that can easily collaborate with your current software ecosystem
- User-friendly interface: Opt for a SaaS management platform that doesn’t demand a significant learning curve. The ideal platform should have an intuitive interface, smooth navigation, and should be quick to master
- Scalability: Whether you’re a startup today or an enterprise tomorrow, the best SaaS management platform should be adaptable to your evolving requirement
- Top-notch support: Prepare for unforeseen challenges by selecting a platform with excellent support. Research reviews, seek advice from peers, and even test their support services to gauge their effectiveness
- Customization: Acknowledge that a universal solution might not suit your unique needs. Your SaaS management tool should be flexible and customizable to align with your specific operational methods
The right tool doesn’t just manage your operations; it elevates them. So, take your time, be picky, and let’s find the perfect match for you!
The 10 Best SaaS Management Platforms to Use in 2023
ClickUp is an all-in-one enterprise project management software meticulously designed for modern teams. One of its many standout features is its ability to adapt to your unique process with customized workflows so the team stays on track at every phase. The platform’s versatile task views, ranging from streamlined lists to intricate Gantt charts, cater to both planners and doers.
For teams that champion agile methodologies, ClickUp’s sprint points shine, facilitating efficient backlog management and sprint performance analysis. Collaboration is seamlessly woven into ClickUp’s framework. With native Chat, shared Calendars, collaborative Docs, and more for every use case.
But what about those unforeseen bugs or essential user feedback? ClickUp has you covered. You can swiftly report bugs, track down issues, and collate feedback, all within one unified space. And for those with an eye on the bigger picture, ClickUp’s road mapping and goals tools allow you to articulate your product vision and cascade it down into actionable steps for your teams.
For SaaS management solutions, ClickUp stands tall, not just as a tool but as a powerhouse partner for your software and product needs.
ClickUp best features
- Software and Product features simplify the development lifecycle and overall management
- Use Custom Statuses to create and customize as many stages (In Progress, Review, On Hold, Complete) for your project needs
- Add context to every task with ClickUp Custom Fields
- Track tasks, assignees, projects, and goals in a single project dashboard
- Add time estimates to tasks for better predictability, a clearer timeline, and accountability
- Use ClickUp’s Mind Maps to visualize ideas and tasks
- Send and receive emails right from our platform with Email in ClickUp
- Use thousands of pre-built templates for teams in law, design, sales, and more
- Vendor management tools to collaborate on tasks and projects
- Not all views are available on the mobile app yet
- Steep learning curve due to an ample number of features
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
In the ever-evolving realm of SaaS management platforms, Basaas steps forward as a distinct player. Designed to merge, manage, and streamline all your SaaS subscriptions into a unified workspace, Basaas offers users an innovative way to access, oversee, and control their myriad of SaaS solutions.
If you’re seeking a consolidated dashboard that amplifies efficiency and declutters your digital space, Basaas might just be your go-to platform.
Basaas best features
- Manage daily business tasks and view notifications in one central location
- Integrate with tools like Microsoft To Do, Planner, Asana, and MeisterTask for unified task management
- Consolidate OneDrive accounts for a cohesive document solution, minimizing unnecessary search time
- Experience superior search capabilities that scan through apps like Outlook, OneDrive, and Sharepoint
- According to users, browser extension overlay sometimes conflicts with website elements, causing visibility issues
- Users report occasional high CPU usage
- Smart: $6.50/user per month
- Professional: $9.50/user per month
- Enterprise: Contact sales
Basaas ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (25 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (9 reviews)
Analytics at the heart of management is where ActivTrak shines. As a workforce productivity and analytics platform, ActivTrak equips businesses with the insights to understand and optimize how their teams work best.
In a world brimming with SaaS tools, it stands out by focusing on behavioral data so you can manage your applications while also driving optimal resource utilization.
ActivTrak best features
- Offers customizable reports for a quick analysis of employee behavior
- User-friendly dashboard to monitor vital metrics easily
- Responsive customer support available through chat
- Provides employee coaching based on behavioral analytics
- Real-time team monitoring with Team Pulse
- Challenging learning curve due to its vast features
- Lacks a robust mobile application
- The installation process can be complicated for some users
- Essentials: $10/month per user yearly
- Professional: $17/month per user yearly
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ActivTrak ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (500+ reviews)
Meet Torii, your new ally in SaaS management. It uses business process automation to manage the lifecycle of software licenses and applications within an organization.
From procurement to offboarding, Torii offers a comprehensive lens into your SaaS ecosystem, helping streamline operations, cut costs, and ensure no tool slips through the cracks.
Torii best features
- Maps, tracks, and optimizes SaaS spending by connecting to various business systems
- Manages and rationalizes both approved and Shadow IT software applications
- Features highly automated and customizable workflows suitable for users of any technical background
- Fewer integrations compared to competitors
- A greater level of customization in workflows would enhance the tool’s asset management
- Available upon request with a free trial available
Torii ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 5/5 (25 reviews)
Stepping into the SaaS operations management arena, Zluri champions a holistic approach. It’s not just about managing software; it’s about creating an environment where every tool is optimized for maximal efficiency.
With its ability to discover, manage, and secure SaaS applications, Zluri promises operational managers a streamlined, secure, and simplified subscription management experience.
Zluri best features
- Comprehensive visibility with over 800 integrations, SSOs, agents, and extensive app coverage
- Optimizes software usage to reduce costs and eliminate redundant apps
- Uses deep learning and AI to forecast license needs
- Easily categorize and track every license and contract
- Centralized platform to manage apps, users, spending, and to make data-driven decisions
- Some integrations might experience compatibility issues
- Being one of the newer SaaS management platforms, occasional coverage gaps or issues may arise
- Contact sales for pricing
Zluri ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (99 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (24 reviews)
Navigating the complex seas of identity governance? SailPoint has got your back. In a landscape where security and compliance are paramount, SailPoint focuses on providing enterprises with a SaaS management solution that emphasizes identity governance.
SailPoint best features
- User-friendly interface with intuitive navigation
- Features automated compliance reporting, reducing errors and saving time
- Offers extensive integration capabilities with other tools and software
- More suited for large-scale enterprises and might be overwhelming for smaller SMBs
- Available upon request
SailPoint ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (10+ reviews)
Productiv takes a dynamic approach to SaaS management. Rather than just offering oversight, it delves deep into real-time engagement analytics.
By giving operational managers a granular view of software utilization, Productiv ensures that every tool is leveraged to its fullest potential, fostering both efficiency and ROI.
Productiv best features
- Alerts users when new apps are discovered, providing insights into usage and SaaS costs
- Delivers granular insights into app usage at various levels
- Provides a comprehensive view of SaaS spending across the portfolio
- Manages app metadata, lifecycle, governance policies, and ownership in one view
- The App Catalog is still under development and might lack some features
- Enhanced reporting capabilities would be beneficial to current users
- Available upon request, personalized demos are available
Productiv ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (49 reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Say hello to BetterCloud, a SaaS management platform with a laser focus on IT operations. From security operations to user management, BetterCloud is designed to offer a centralized location to monitor, manage, and secure all your SaaS applications. If IT orchestration harmonized with top-tier security is your need, BetterCloud steps up to the plate.
BetterCloud best features
- Discovers all sanctioned and unsanctioned SaaS apps in your environment
- Features automated workflows for accurate and timely account provisioning from HR sources
- Offers centralized visibility of user access to apps and potentially sensitive data
- Issues with large batch user creation or incorrect group assignment
- Initial learning curve to familiarize with the SaaS management platform
- Limited workflow customization in some scenarios
- Available upon request
BetterCloud ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (340+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (27 reviews)
Emerging in the SaaS management spectrum, Zylo brings a fresh perspective. Its core strength lies in its ability to provide insights into spending, utilization, and user feedback.
By giving companies a 360-degree view of their SaaS stack, Zylo ensures that every investment, decision, and operation is data-driven and impactful.
Zylo best features
- Uses AI to maintain an updated record of all organizational SaaS
- Translates vast amounts of data into actionable insights for SaaS optimization
- Ensures governance by highlighting shadow IT and maintaining a catalog of approved apps
- Users report challenges in data filtering
- Limited customization options
- Data hygiene issues due to processing vast amounts of information
- Available upon request
Zylo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (50 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (5 reviews)
CoreSuite is a powerhouse in the world of enterprise SaaS management. Designed with large-scale operations in mind, CoreSuite offers key SaaS management features that cater to every facet of SaaS management, from compliance monitoring to data management.
For organizations seeking a robust, all-encompassing platform, CoreSuite promises unrivaled depth and breadth.
CoreSuite best features
- Designer offers efficient document templates, streamlining marketing documents
- Accounting tracks financials with ease, including bank statements and budget reports
- Drill-down functions allow for deeper financial analysis
- User-friendly customizations for SAP Business One; suitable for both simple and complex needs
- No feedback from users available
- Available upon request
CoreSuite ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
Harnessing the Power of the Best: Why ClickUp is Your Ultimate Choice
Navigating through a myriad of software asset management options can feel overwhelming. Each promises a universe of features, but at the end of the day, what truly matters is reliability, integration, and ease of use.
Having explored the top contenders in the industry, ClickUp undeniably stands out. ClickUp isn’t just a tool; it’s a comprehensive solution. It effortlessly bridges gaps between tasks, teams, and tools, creating a seamless operational flow.
With its intuitive interface, powerful integrations, and a commitment to continuous innovation, ClickUp positions itself not just as software but as an invaluable partner in your operational journey.
Experience the platform’s potential firsthand, and watch as it optimizes your SaaS management approach. Because when it comes to operational excellence, settling for good isn’t enough.