The software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry is synonymous with transformation. When you’re in charge of innovating business as we know it, knowledge is key. Whether you’re at a startup or are an established entrepreneur, SaaS conferences give you a serious edge in this cutthroat industry.
SaaS conferences give business professionals opportunities to network, learn about the latest trends in SaaS, and gain valuable insights from industry leaders.
Talks and keynotes are helpful, but more than anything, these SaaS industry conferences are incubators for innovation and collaboration—two key ingredients for profitability. 🤝
If you’re in the market for a business partnership or just want to better understand the SaaS ecosystem, you should attend at least one SaaS conference in 2024. In this guide, we’ll break down why every business pro needs to attend SaaS conferences, share a list of the best SaaS conferences of 2024, and explain how to leverage these events for your business.
- Understanding SaaS Conferences
- Why Attend SaaS Conferences?
- Top SaaS Conferences to Attend in 2024
- Choosing the Right SaaS Conference
- Leveraging SaaS Conferences for Business Growth
Understanding SaaS Conferences
SaaS conferences are specialized events for folks in the software-as-a-service (SaaS) space in the tech industry. These conferences bring together thousands of executives, founders, and entrepreneurs from across the globe to share ideas, strategies, and innovations.
But no two SaaS conferences are alike. There are actually several types of conferences to choose from:
- General: Some SaaS conferences are more general, providing insights into the latest advancements in SaaS. These more general conferences are ideal for anyone who’s new to SaaS or who prefers more high-level topics
- Niche: These SaaS conferences focus on specific topics or areas, like SaaS digital marketing strategies, customer success, or product management. They aren’t a fit for every professional, but these conferences are perfect for honing certain skills
- International: Are you looking to network with other professionals? Or learn about up-and-coming trends in SaaS? Either way, you’ll get value out of attending an international SaaS conference. They often blend networking opportunities with roundtables, exhibitions, and dozens of sessions and content tracks
Why Attend SaaS Conferences?
Sure, it takes a budget and some time to attend a SaaS conference, but it’s well worth the investment. SaaS conferences can help you:
- Find awesome SaaS tools: Who doesn’t love a good piece of software? You’ll meet all kinds of exhibitors selling SaaS tools, from marketing automation platforms to agile project management tools
- Network with others: Networking is critical to success, especially if you’re a startup or entrepreneur. At a SaaS conference, professionals and founders from all over the world gather in the same place to build meaningful relationships. Whether you’re just a tech enthusiast or you’re looking for VC funding, the right connection makes the difference
- Imagine new product ideas: Product innovation is a must for SaaS businesses. If you’re feeling uninspired, a trip to a SaaS conference will energize you with new ideas and possibilities. Even if you have a product idea already brewing, conferences will give you an actionable product strategy to bring that idea to life
- Get insights from industry leaders: Reading articles and chatting with your coworkers will boost your knowledge, but only to a point. SaaS conferences invite industry leaders to speak at keynotes and host workshops to provide sector-specific information. Not only will you hear directly from these thought leaders, but you’ll even have the chance to ask questions in post-session Q&As
- Run a better business: SaaS conference sessions don’t just focus on KPIs or revenue—they also teach you how to be a better manager and businessperson. Look for sessions about project management tools and practices, hiring, and people management to be a more well-rounded leader
Top SaaS Conferences to Attend in 2024
Want to see what’s coming down the pipeline for SaaS? Put these 2024 SaaS conferences on your calendar.
- Date: September 10-12, 2024
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Pricing: $699-$1,498
SaaStr Annual hosts over 13,000 attendees every year, festival-style. This must-attend, three-day conference has a whopping 2,000 networking sessions and 300+ speakers, not to mention 150+ sessions and workshops. Who knows? You might even find a new SaaS management software vendor or potential business partner at this massive event. 🙌
- Date: November 11-14, 2024
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Pricing: TBD
Web Summit is a large international SaaS conference that attracts thousands of attendees over the course of the four-day event. This year’s speakers include professionals from Signal, Microsoft, Wikipedia, and countless other brands. Although this event doesn’t specialize in just SaaS, this tech conference is perfect for SaaS nerds.
South by Southwest (SXSW)
- Date: March 8-16, 2-24
- Location: Austin, TX
- Pricing: $890-$1,835
There is a lot going on at SXSW. Originally a music festival, SXSW has a lot of marketing and SaaS-related content for professionals. Check out the SXSW conference for sessions on 2024’s breakthrough technologies, SaaS-specific meetups, AI, storytelling, and experience design.
- Date: October 14-16, 2024
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Pricing: €550-€850 ($596-$921)
SaaStock bills itself as the best gathering for founders, execs, and investors. Most attendees are from Europe, making this conference a great networking opportunity if you want to expand your business into EMEA.
Inbound by HubSpot
- Date: September 18-20, 2024
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Pricing: $899-$1,899
Inbound is arguably one of the biggest and most reputable digital marketing conferences in the world. All sessions touch on the latest trends in marketing, sales, and AI. Upgraded ticketholders also get an exclusive VIP welcome party, a fancy lounge, and a complimentary lunch.
- Date: November 13-14, 2024
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Pricing: $549-$1,119
This Canadian conference draws SaaS professionals from across North America. At SaaS North, you get full access to the conference app, food, breakout sessions, and even a networking matchmaking tool.
- Date: April 11-12, 2024
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Pricing: $0-$497
Techspo hosts tech expos across the globe every year. Their next event will be in the good ol’ USA at the Loews Hollywood Hotel. You’ll learn about innovation in mobile marketing, AdTech, MarTech, and (of course) SaaS. Be sure to stop by the exhibit hall, where hundreds of vendors conduct cool product demos.
Dublin Tech Summit
- Date: May 29-30, 2024
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Pricing: €335-€435 ($363-$471)
This SaaS conference is an international tech festival that focuses heavily on the future of technology. The Dublin Tech Summit offers tracks on Future Machines (VR, AR, blockchain, etc.), Future Enterprise (AI, cybersecurity, FinTech, etc.), Future Us (arts, DE&I, smart cities, etc.), and Future Planet (sustainability, futurism, planetary protection, etc.).
- Date: June 3-4, 2024
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Pricing: $299-$999
Put on by SEO giant Moz, MozCon is a popular content and digital marketing conference. The focus of this conference is purely on digital marketing and SEO, so if you’re trying to boost your business, this is one of the best SaaS conferences for strengthening your sales chops.
Business of Software Conference
- Date: March 25-26, 2024
- Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Pricing: $745
Business of Software Conference (BoS) is hosting its next event in the UK to teach founders how to build, run, and scale software businesses. This conference has different tracks for a range of business models, so this SaaS conference is a great opportunity to get business growth ideas from industry experts.
Choosing the Right SaaS Conference
As you can see, there’s a SaaS conference for just about everything. You probably can’t attend them all, so use these criteria to find the most valuable conferences:
- Logistics and pricing: How much will it cost to get your people to the conference? Sure, you have to factor in the ticket costs, but travel, hotels, and meals add up, too. If you’re on a tight budget, look for nearby conferences to keep the costs nice and low. The lower your expenses, the greater your return on investment will be for the event
- Location and goals: Do you want to grow your product’s presence in a new market? Consider attending conferences in strategic locations like Silicon Valley or new target markets, like Europe, to connect with folks in that area. It’s also good to look for larger conferences with plenty of networking opportunities
- Relevance: Does the conference theme actually align with your business? For example, developers might not get a lot out of attending a product marketing conference like Inbound by HubSpot. Make sure you choose the most relevant SaaS conference for your skills and experience to see a return on your investment
- Audience and speakers: Who’s going to be at the event? Look for SaaS conferences that attract industry leaders, SaaS founders, VCs, and execs who are influential in your space. This way, you learn from the best of the best and network with the right crowd
Leveraging SaaS Conferences for Business Growth
It takes time, effort, and resources to attend a conference. Shouldn’t you see ROI on all that hard work? Follow these tips to leverage SaaS conferences for tangible business growth. 🪴
Improve the user experience
SaaS conferences like SaaStock and Web Summit are great resources for learning about the newest trends in SaaS products. Since UX design plays a huge role in product success, use what you learn at these conferences to build user-centric designs.
And don’t be shy—share what you learned with your team. Plug everything into a ClickUp Doc or ClickUp Whiteboard to brainstorm fresh digital experiences for your subscribers based on industry best practices.
Source venture capital
Need funding? SaaS conferences are the perfect place to look for venture capitalists who are in the market for a smart investment. Whether you go to SXSW or SaaStr Annual, you’re sure to connect with interested investors.
Be sure to grab their business cards and follow up after the conference. Plug their details into a SaaS CRM to log all of your interactions and follow-ups. You never know where the right email will take you!
Conferences aren’t just for huge B2B SaaS enterprises. Startup founders can get a ton of exposure by attending these events. Use SaaS industry conferences as a platform to get exposure for your SaaS company and to connect with other industry leaders and SaaS founders. Attend all the networking events, take advantage of mentoring sessions, sign up for VC matchmaking, and consider becoming either a sponsor or speaker.
The more quickly you get the word out, the sooner you’ll see a return on your hard work.
Plug everything into a management solution
From scheduling conference sessions to balancing your team’s workload while you’re out of the office, attending a SaaS conference is no walk in the park. Instead of keeping everything stored in your email or sticky notes, plug your conference deets into ClickUp. 🤩
Not only are we the universe’s favorite project management tool, but we also roll all of your plans, ideas, and tasks into one platform. Use ClickUp to plan SaaS events and all tasks related to the conference—we’ve got your back with simple Calendar views and Automations that handle finicky tasks for you.
But that’s just the beginning. You can even use ClickUp as a work management tool and apply the principles of what you learned at the conference to your workflow. Whether it’s collaboration, agile methodologies, improved team communications, or product mapping, ClickUp has something for every facet of your business.
Use the ClickUp Agile Project Management template to quickly set up agile projects with less hassle. ClickUp Chat view is a lifesaver for communications—never sift through email and Slack for files again.
You don’t have to give up your current tech stack, either. ClickUp integrates with hundreds of apps you already use, speeding up implementation without the learning curve.
ClickUp: The SaaS Industry’s Antidote to Siloes
Change is the only constant in an industry like SaaS. While hands-on experience matters, attending SaaS conferences is still the best way to network with other professionals, boost your skills, stay on top of trends, and even source funding for your next big idea. ✨
Whether you’re already a seasoned player in the SaaS arena or you’re a budding startup, conferences give you an unparalleled opportunity to stay ahead of the curve. But even then, you need the right tools to execute your innovative plans, and that’s where ClickUp comes in.
Professionals use ClickUp for everything from conference planning to employee time tracking and sales. See the power of an all-in-one platform firsthand: Create your free ClickUp Workspace now.
1. What are SaaS conferences?
SaaS conferences are events focused on the software-as-a-service (SaaS) space. These gatherings bring together SaaS executives, investors, and other professionals to chat about trends and showcase innovations. Most conferences include networking events, informational sessions, keynote speeches, and expos.
2. What are the benefits of attending SaaS conferences?
SaaS conferences are a great way to:
- Network with other professionals
- Learn about SaaS trends from industry insiders
- Get exposure for your startup or business idea
- Feel inspired
- Boost your skills
- Learn about new SaaS software and vendors.
3. What is the largest SaaS conference?
SaaStr is one of the largest SaaS conferences. It attracts nearly 13,000 people every year, including VCs, founders, and executives.