Email has become one of the top marketing communication tools thanks to its incredibly high ROI of an estimated $36 for every $1 you spend. Email is also one of the easiest ways to contact your target audience directly, and many consumers now cite it as their preferred way to interact with brands. It’s low-stress for them and has an impressive conversion rate for you.
However, email marketing is more complicated than drafting copy and hitting send. The most effective email marketing campaigns are carefully segmented, tested, and refined to deliver the best results. All of that takes time, but thanks to AI email marketing tools, you can create incredible email marketing campaigns faster than ever.
What Should You Look For in AI Email Marketing Tools?
AI-powered email marketing tools give marketers an innovative approach to engaging with their audience. AI can help you draft compelling copy, segment your audience, and analyze results. With so many AI tools currently flooding the market, how do you choose the right email marketing platform?
One of the first things you’ll want to look for is a tool that offers lots of personalization. AI email marketing tools can help you create personalized emails, from the subject lines to the offers included, leading to higher open rates and conversions.
You’ll also want to look for features that can help you craft content to create engaging emails. Use the AI tools to brainstorm ideas or let it create relevant messages for your targeted audience.
AI email marketing tools can also automate many tasks involved in email marketing, like sending follow-up messages or segmenting your lists. This automation can free your team up to focus on more strategic marketing initiatives and less time dealing with email admin.
Choose an email marketing platform with robust analytics and reporting to understand campaign performance better. The insights gleaned from email data can inform future marketing decisions. Consider leveraging AI to analyze results and pinpoint opportunities for optimization.
Additionally, select a solution that integrates with your existing email marketing program and work apps. Integrations facilitate workflow automation, boost team productivity, and enable seamless collaboration on email campaigns. Streamlining processes allows you to accomplish more in less time while working together seamlessly across tools.
The 10 Best AI Email Marketing Software
ClickUp, your favorite all-in-one productivity platform, is now your favorite place to create and manage email marketing. You can use ClickUp’s AI email marketing tools to create a centralized hub for managing campaigns, creating engaging content, and tracking campaign performance.
ClickUp’s cloud-based platform makes it easy to organize and track email communications. ClickUp email project management tools can create, store, and manage email drafts, track open rates and click-throughs, and set up automated workflows for follow-up emails. ClickUp Integrations lets you connect with other communication platforms to email tasks to team members without leaving your workspace.
The platform also integrates with popular email marketing tools like Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign, giving you even more email marketing capabilities. You can import and export contacts, schedule campaigns, and track results within ClickUp. With everything accessible from the Workspace, your team can effortlessly share information and take action on results faster.
ClickUp adds an extra layer of efficiency by introducing its AI tools. ClickUp AI can generate your email copy, including subject lines, headers, and body text, based on specific prompts or built-in templates. You can also use ClickUp AI to create tasks related to the email campaign.
With its comprehensive email management, seamless integrations, and AI-powered content generation, ClickUp is a powerful tool to help novice and experienced email marketers get the most from every email they send.
ClickUp best features
- Automation tools handle a lot of admin for you, so you don’t have to worry about repetitive tasks and can focus on strategic initiatives instead
- AI email marketing tools can help you craft compelling copy in seconds, effortlessly creating targeted email campaigns that fuel conversions
- Streamline email marketing efforts with powerful integrations, including popular platforms like MailChimp and ActiveCampaign
- ClickUp’s AI tools are only available on the paid plans, but fortunately, these start at just $5 per Workspace
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available for purchase on all paid plans at the price of $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (3,900+ reviews)
Mailchimp is a popular email marketing platform that allows businesses to create, send, and track email campaigns. It has a user-friendly interface, various templates, and some terrific automation tools. Mailchimp also offers awesome AI-powered features, including intelligent subject lines, customer insights, and powerful A/B testing. It will even suggest stock photos to go along with your content.
Mailchimp best features
- Drag and drop editor makes it super easy to create and design emails
- The solid free plan allows you to send up to 2,000 emails per month to up to 2,000 subscribers, making it a viable option for smaller organizations
- AI tools put machine learning to work doing everything from creating copy to using predictive analytics to tell you which customers are most likely to buy
- No unlimited email plans, even with the most expensive options
- Essentials: $13/month for 500 contacts
- Standard: $20/month for 500 contracts
- Premium: $350/month for unlimited contacts
Mailchimp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (5,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (16,500+ reviews)
Smartwriter is an AI-powered email writing tool. The platform’s machine learning analyzes your target audience alongside industry data to craft compelling email copy for your campaigns. It’s handy for personalized emails and can leverage user data to write the most relevant, targeted email campaigns. It’s also useful for A/B testing to know which campaigns work better with your audience.
Smartwriter best features
- Integrates with popular email marketing tools like Mailchimp and Sendinblue, so you can use the AI tools in Smartwriter to write your copy and send everything out through your favorite platform seamlessly
- Great for creating email marketing strategies focused on conversions, as the AI tool will suggest content most likely to turn readers into buyers and boost email marketing performance
- Nice interface makes it easy to use the AI features, even for first-time users
- Can be difficult to reach tech support if you run into any issues
- Basic: $59/month
- Popular: $149/month
- Pro: $359/month
- Discounts for annual subscriptions
Smartwriter ratings and reviews
- G2: 4/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (14+ reviews)
Phrasee is an AI email marketing tool that helps you write better email content, from the subject lines to the sign-offs. The platform uses machine learning to identify the most effective language to use on your audience. You can use it for more than your email marketing strategy, too. Put Phrasee’s natural language generation to work, creating human-sounding copy for social media, push notifications, and more.
Phrasee best features
- Detailed reporting features give you valuable insights into how your email campaigns perform with your audience and where you might want to make adjustments
- Easy to integrate the platform into your current tech stack, as it integrates with Mailchimp, Salesforce, Adobe Campaign, and more
- Excellent way to generate personalized emails for each of your recipients in multiple languages, so that you can focus on increasing engagement
- Geared towards larger marketing agencies so smaller businesses may find the software beyond their budget
- Contact for pricing information
Phrasee ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (1+ reviews)
Instantly is an all-in-one email marketing automation platform. Marketing teams can use the platform to automate many tasks associated with email marketing, including sending follow-up emails, welcome emails, and birthday emails.
The platform also offers AI email marketing tools to automatically generate email copy and personalize your email campaigns. These AI tools can make emails more relevant and engaging to your audience and boost your click-through and conversion rates.
Instantly best features
- AI-powered content generation makes it easy to craft and send emails with personalized content, making campaigns more impactful
- Offers unlimited accounts, so you don’t have to worry about scaling back your subscriber list; great for those sending high volumes of email marketing
- Nice campaign analytics help you measure campaign performance, including open rates, reply rates, unsubscribed, and more
- Can’t use the platform on mobile, so on-the-go marketers may need to seek different solutions
- Growth Leads: $47/month
- Hyperleads: $197/month
- Light Speed: $492/month
- Discounts are available for annual subscriptions
Instantly ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.9/5 (1,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.5/5 (4+ reviews)
Drift is a conversational marketing platform that puts AI front and center. The platform trained its artificial intelligence with millions of B2B sales and marketing conversations, with the idea that it would create AI tools that are more useful for things like lead qualification and conversions.
You can use the conversational AI tool to help you draft emails, use it as a chatbot, or let it analyze customer traffic to make smarter marketing decisions.
Drift best features
- Artificial intelligence is trained on B2B conversations, so you get conversational copy that’s custom-built for business and can be tailored to your organization
- It helps you capture data on website visitors so you can see trends in conversations and optimize email marketing efforts accordingly
- AI marketing tool helps you analyze the customer journey and see who is ready to convert so you can send them targeted campaigns
- Customer service can be slow to respond, so be prepared to troubleshoot your issues yourself
- Great for creating conversational copy, but not an email marketing platform, so you’ll need to connect with another platform to get the job done
- Premium: $2,500/month billed annually
- Contact for pricing on Advanced and Enterprise plans
Drift ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (190+ reviews)
7. Seventh Sense
Seventh Sense is an AI email optimization platform that uses machine learning to analyze and personalize email campaigns. It has various tools to help marketers optimize email send times, boost email deliverability, or personalize content based on recipient preferences. It also offers robust campaign tracking to measure performance and optimize email marketing efforts.
Seventh Sense best features
- Powerful AI email marketing tools help you optimize every part of your campaign, down to personalized send times to maximize open rates
- It helps you segment your email marketing lists based on factors such as demographics, interest, and purchase history so that you can create emails tailored to their interests and needs
- Analyze your email content to optimize your word choice, sentence structure, and tone to help optimize email marketing strategies
Seventh Sense limitations
- The user interface can be intimidating for new users
Seventh Sense pricing
- For Hubspot: plans start at $80/per month for 5,000 contacts
- For Marketo: plans start at $450/per month for 50,000 leads
- 20% discounts for annual plans
Seventh Sense ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 5/5 (3+ reviews)
Unspam uses AI to help businesses identify and prevent spam in email marketing campaigns. It monitors your organization’s email reputation and makes recommendations to improve your sender score. These improvements can help your email marketing avoid spam filters and reliably reach your audience’s inboxes.
Unspam best features
- Enhances your organization’s email reputation by preventing spam so your sender score stays pristine and your emails get to your audience (not stuck in their spam filter)
- Increases engagement by ensuring recipients get relevant and legitimate emails from you
- Builds email marketing trust with your target audience
- Limited testing on the free plans, so you’ll have to take your chances or use another service for testing
- Basic: $9 per month
- Business: $19 per month
- Agency: $29 per month
- Contact for custom pricing on White Label services
Unspam ratings and reviews
- G2: 5/5 (2+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (20+ reviews)
Optimove can help with more than just your email marketing. The AI-powered customer engagement platform can help you optimize email, SMS, and push notifications. It analyzes your customer data, identifies patterns, and then personalizes the customer journey accordingly.
Optimove best features
- Creates targeted messaging that can increase customer engagement and improve email open rates
- Predictive analytics can identify customers at risk of dropping out of your sales funnel and help you take proactive marketing measures
- Robust analytic tools give you a holistic view of your customers so you can take steps to improve the customer experience
- Lacks a few much-needed features like prioritization
- Contact for pricing information
Optimove ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (140+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (3+ reviews)
Zeta is an AI-powered email marketing platform that helps you create and send email campaigns. The platform uses machine learning to analyze customer data and identify the most effective content and timing for your specific audience. It offers tools to help you automate your email workflows, segment audiences, and create personalized content.
Zeta best features
- AI tools help you segment your email marketing lists based on customer data so you can send targeted campaigns that are more likely to resonate with them
- Great for automating common email marketing tasks
- Predictive analytics can help you reduce churn and lower the cost of bringing in new customers
- Some users report that the platform can be buggy and experience loading lags
- Contact for pricing information
Zeta ratings and reviews
- G2: 3.5/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 5/5 (1+ reviews)
Better Email, Smarter AI With ClickUp
Email marketing is a powerful tool, but it’s one that marketing teams need to plan carefully.
Email shouldn’t be a one-size-fits-all solution but should be carefully tailored to your audience. Doing this manually can be time-consuming, but putting AI tools to work can help streamline email marketing efforts and improve your ROI. AI can help you analyze customer data, craft compelling email copy, and fine-tune your campaign performance.
And ClickUp can help you manage every task.
Make ClickUp the central hub of your email marketing efforts, creating a space where your team can collaborate and stay on the same page for every campaign. Create tasks, establish roles, and build knowledge centers so marketing efforts keep moving forward effectively. Then, let ClickUp AI draft your copy, write your subject lines, and send follow-up tasks to your team members.
Ready to send better emails? Sign up for a free ClickUp account and start exploring the possibilities of AI in email marketing.