Key performance indicator (KPI) software has become an indispensable tool for businesses. If you’re tracking performance across various areas, you need one.
In the age of big data, businesses rely on KPIs to monitor progress, make informed decisions, and drive strategic initiatives. KPI software provides a platform that simplifies the process of visualizing and measuring key metrics by bringing them all into one centralized location.
With the right KPI software, you can visualize complex data, track KPIs, and gain meaningful insights from a wide range of data sources. In this article, we’ll discuss the most popular options and what to look for when purchasing KPI reporting software.
What Should You Look for In KPI Software?
When looking for the best KPI software, finding the product that matches your present and future goals can take some effort. Here are some things to consider as you evaluate your options and make decisions:
- Ease of use: A difficult learning curve will reduce your efficiency and may limit the number of features you’re able to use
- Flexibility: Your chosen software should allow you to create dashboards that track the KPIs important for your specific industry and use case
- Integration capabilities: The software needs to integrate with all the data sources you use to ensure access to all relevant business data
- Alerts and notifications: Software that lets you set up alerts and notifications can help you proactively address problems and opportunities
- Reporting and analytics: Advanced analytics features, such as trend analysis and forecasting, can provide the most insightful reports
- Collaboration and sharing: If multiple people will be working together, look for features that help facilitate that process
- Support and training: Ensure the product offers reliable customer support, documentation, and training resources
The 10 Best KPI Software to Use in 2023
Below, you’ll find a list of the 10 best KPI dashboard software tools currently on the market along with the key features and drawbacks of each.
ClickUp is a project management and productivity platform that also includes robust KPI tracking capabilities. It offers a wide range of project management and collaboration features.
With ClickUp, you can define and track KPIs, manage tasks, and monitor progress across multiple teams. Its goal-setting features will keep you on track to meet performance expectations. The highly customizable interface includes plenty of templates covering KPI tracking, process mapping, quarterly reporting, project management, and much more.
Options such as lists, boards, calendars, and Gantt charts let users manage their projects and tasks in a way that makes the most sense for them and their projects.
ClickUp best features
- Easily track KPIs with real-time progress updates using the Goals feature
- Get a high-level, visual overview of your KPIs using customizable widgets for your Dashboard
- Improve project management with team performance reporting and analytics
- Setup is quick with ClickUp’s KPI template
- Software sometimes experiences latency
- Can be overwhelming if you’re only wanting simple data visualization software
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Klipfolio is a cloud-based KPI dashboard software platform. It provides a comprehensive suite of tools for data integration, visualization, and reporting.
One of its key features is its ability to connect to nearly any source. With over 100 pre-built data connectors, Klipfolio allows businesses to seamlessly integrate data from anywhere. This includes third-party data stores, such as Google Analytics and Salesforce, as well as first-party sources, such as Excel spreadsheets or MySQL databases.
Klipfolio also provides powerful visualization tools. With a wide range of customizable visualization options, users can create dashboards that fit their needs. The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy for anyone to design interactive dashboards to analyze business data without advanced technical skills.
Klipfolio best features
- Easily import and analyze data from different sources
- Simplify complex file formats with the data modeler feature
- Track data with customizable dashboards and reports
- Share reports via PDF in real-time or with scheduled emails
- Instruction materials are sometimes outdated on the KPI dashboard tool
- Beyond pre-built tools, you need some technical knowledge
- Free Forever
- Go: $90/month
- Pro: $225/month
- Business: $800/month
Klipfolio ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (250+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
Tableau is a leading data visualization and business intelligence (BI) platform. It includes a suite of tools and features for data visualization, data analysis, and interactive reporting. It lets a number of connectors import data, including databases and spreadsheets, as well as popular cloud services and big data platforms.
Tableau’s drag-and-drop UI and rich set of visual elements make it an accessible option for people of all skill levels. From those custom dashboards, users can perform powerful analytics functions on complex data to measure key performance indicators. They’ll have access to statistical analysis, data blending, and predictive modeling tools.
Tableau best features
- Gets you up and running in minutes, thanks to a simple user interface
- Refreshes data from integrated apps automatically
- Easily provides access for external stakeholders to view data
- Offers extensive control over user permissions across the KPI dashboard tool
- Limited custom formatting options compared with alternatives
- No automatic refreshing of reports
- Tableau Viewer: $15/month per user
- Tableau Explorer: $42/month per user
- Tableau Creator: $70/ month per user
Tableau ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (1,750+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Scoro is a complete business management software solution. It combines project management, CRM, billing, and reporting functionalities into one centralized platform. This gives it an advantage for KPI tracking, as it becomes the primary data source for many aspects of a business.
However, it can also integrate with third-party tools, such as Google Analytics, to capture all your data. Scoro has extensive reporting and analytics features. It has pre-built reports and customizable KPI dashboards that let users gain insights into key metrics and performance indicators.
These features are more accessible thanks to the software’s easy-to-use interface and customization options.
Scoro best features
- Tools to oversee every aspect of your company’s performance
- Extensive widgets and metrics make it easy to track every KPI
- Native integration with many popular business software products
- Per-user permissions for precise control over access
- Limited features at lower tiers make the product costly
- Difficult learning curve if you want to get the most out of the software
- Essential: $26/month per user
- Standard: $37/month per user
- Pro: $63/month per user
- Ultimate: Contact for pricing
Scoro ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (200+ reviews)
Datapine is a cloud-based BI software that provides powerful data analytics and visualization capabilities. You can gain actionable insights for business decisions by analyzing your data with Datapine‚ a KPI dashboard of sorts.
It can pull data from multiple sources, such as databases, spreadsheets (such as Microsoft Excel), and cloud services (such as Google Analytics).
Datapine offers advanced analytics features, such as data mining, statistical analysis, and predictive modeling. Using these features, you can perform complex calculations and create custom metrics for even more insightful data.
Datapine best features
- An extensive set of native data integrations
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface for basic and advanced visualizations
- Built-in predictive analytics and forecast features
- Real-time data monitoring with alerts and notifications
- The trial period doesn’t give you enough time to try out all the features
- Some features require technical knowledge to use effectively
- Basic: $249/month
- Professional: $449/month
- Premium: $799/month
- Branding & Embedded: $1,099/month
Datapine ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (20+ reviews)
Smartsheet is a cloud-based work management and collaboration platform that features KPI dashboard tools. Its ease of use comes from its simple, spreadsheet-like format that provides a familiar interface for complex data. The collaboration features allow multiple users to work on a sheet at the same time.
The KPI dashboard can pull in business metrics from a number of popular sources, such as Google Analytics, and connect with other productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Jira.
This lets you visualize historical trends, track important data points, and create insightful reports for more data-driven decisions.
Smartsheet best features
- Integration with other KPI and BI software
- Easily collaborate with team members on a given task
- Organized dashboard gives an overview of all key information
- Automated alerts to remind team members of tasks and deadlines
- Integrations are more difficult than with other options
- Performance is sometimes sluggish
- Free Forever
- Pro: $7/month per user
- Business: $25/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Smartsheet ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (12,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,500+ reviews)
Databox is KPI dashboard software that provides a centralized location to track key metrics. It features data import for a wide range of data sources, including Excel spreadsheets, Google Analytics, and marketing software, such as HubSpot.
The customizable KPI dashboards make for a convenient way to create visual analytics for all your most important data points. With a range of visualization and customization options, it’s easy for beginners and technical users alike to create compelling interactive charts for data viewing and analysis. Collaboration tools make it easy to share KPI dashboard reports and other data.
Databox best features
- Easy-to-build dashboards and 300 built-in templates for further time saving
- Over 70 dashboard integrations
- Automated client reporting for agencies
- Alerts and notifications for selected KPIs
- Lack of customization of data visualization options
- A limited set of default metrics
- Free Forever
- Starter: $47/month
- Professional: $135/month
- Growth: $319/month
- Premium: $799/month
Databox ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (150+ reviews)
SimpleKPI is a KPI dashboard software and analytics solution that allows you to create real-time business dashboards through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. It can collect data automatically from diverse sources, such as Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, and SQL databases. Once connected, teams can work collaboratively on the data.
Like ClickUP, SimpleKPI allows you to set professional goals and track progress toward them. Users can create milestones, assign responsibilities, and monitor goal achievement. This allows you to act more easily on the insights you gain from the data.
SimpleKPI best features
- One of the lowest learning curves of all KPI dashboard software products
- Highly-customizable dashboard, with charts, tables, and widgets for at-a-glance views of your data
- Ability to drill up or down into the data easily for a more or less granular view of your metrics
- The one-size-fits-all pricing might not suit all needs and budgets
- The product does not have many reviews
SimpleKPI ratings and reviews
- G2: 5 (1 review)
Geckoboard is a data visualization and KPI dashboard software for real-time monitoring of key metrics and performance indicators. Through real-time updates, you can be sure your users have access to the most current information at all times. It pulls this data from numerous sources, such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Zendesk.
Geckoboard offers so many collaboration features. Users can limit access to specific dashboards and individual widgets within them. This gives team members, stakeholders, and clients easy access to only the information they need.
To simplify this for all non-technical members of those groups of people, Geckoboard prioritizes an easy-to-use and intuitive design.
Geckoboard best features
- Native integration for many products, plus the ability to pull data from spreadsheets, Zapier, or custom APIs
- Ability to add KPI widgets to iOS and Android home screens
- Automatic data transfer through emails or Slack with the scheduling feature
- Granular user management for precise control over who sees what
- More expensive than other options with similar features
- Limited functionality in some integrations
- Essential: $39/month
- Pro: $79/month
- Scale: $559/month
Geckoboard ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (47 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6 (99 reviews)
Datapad is a new offering for small businesses to track their KPIs. Currently only available as a free version for early adopters, the product aims to make everything so easy that “even grandmas can use it.”
It does this by removing the BI features small businesses are unlikely to need and streamlining the workflow of what remains. The product offers one-click data integration with the most common data sources and the ability to easily onboard your entire team.
The focus on a mobile-first design provides instant access to metrics at any time. Simple task management solutions round out the product.
Datapad best features
- One-click integration with popular data sources for automated data importing
- Highly customizable dashboards
- iOS and Android apps for tracking data on the go
- As a new product, Datapad doesn’t have a proven track record like the other platforms
- Datapad omits many advanced BI features in favor of simplicity
- Free for early adopters
Datapad ratings and reviews
- No reviews yet
Perform Better With the KPI Software That’s Right for You
KPIs are key to keeping your business on track, so you need KPI software that does everything you want. ClickUp is a great solution for teams that want the flexibility of customization plus the convenience of access to KPIs in a project management system.
What are you waiting for?
Get started with ClickUp today!