Screen recording software can help you in so many ways.
You can record walkthroughs, hash out tiny details, capture tons of data for everyone to see, and much more. The possibilities are endless and growing! Especially with the rise of remote work. But to make the screen recording of your dreams a reality, there can be a catch.
Creating a high-quality screen recording calls for a high-quality app to help clearly capture your point…and a lot of those apps typically come with a watermark or a hefty price tag.
Especially if you’re presenting your recording to stakeholders or sharing with the company, the presence of a watermark can make your videos look unprofessional or distract from your content. Still, the price you might pay to wash away the signifier from your recording may not be worth what you’re getting for it.
So what do you do?
You turn to your friends at the ClickUp blog to help you look for a free screen recorder, that’s what. 🤓
We’ve hit this obstacle too, and we’ve already done the work to help you move past it too! We’ll explore some of our favorite free screen recorders with no watermarks that will keep you looking sharp online 24/7!
In this article, we’ll dive into 14 free screen recorders, including their key features, pricing (when applicable), and customer ratings, to help you choose the video communication tool that’s right for you.
Let’s begin screening!
What To Look For in Screen Recording Software
A screen recorder comes in handy when you need to explain something to your client or colleague. Rather than explaining it verbally or writing long paragraphs to get your point across, you could simply just show them! They’ll appreciate this gesture, especially if they’re visual learners. 👀 🙋♀️
With screen recording tools, you can give demonstrations or a step-by-step tutorial on completing particular tasks.
But how do you know if particular screen recording software is the answer to all your problems? (only work problems, not existential ones) *dark humor alert*
Ideally, the best screen recorder you choose should help you create professional videos without watermarks or time limits. Otherwise, it may limit you from creating comprehensive, high-quality recordings.
Here are some must-haves to consider when looking for screen recording software:
- Multiple recording options: look for a screen recording tool that helps you video capture an app window or a single tab, or some other specific area. You might not always want to record the entire screen (and display your messy desktop screen 😜). The screen recorder should be able to work on all platforms, including PC screen and Macbooks.
- No watermark: an obnoxiously large watermark affects the viewability of the text or images used in the recording. You should opt for a screen recording software that doesn’t ruin your videos with watermarks
- Editing functionalities: to make your recordings neater, you should be able to access an editing tool or a built-in editor. This way, you can edit your videos without leaving the tool
- Shareability: even the best recordings are of no use if you can’t conveniently share them with your intended audience. Ideally, you should be able to send shareable links instantly after you save a screen recording
- Voiceovers and audio recording: great voiceovers can work wonders for your recordings. Think of all the Disney movies you’ve grown up watching! The app you choose should let you use a microphone to record your narration to provide context to your recordings
- Price: it’s important to remember that it’s completely reasonable to seek out these top screen recording qualities for free. Even by free trial, there is no reason to be breaking the bank over something that is affordable for all! You just need to know where to look. 🤔
Let’s check out the top picks for free screen recording software (without watermarks) with these features in mind.
14 Top Free Screen Recorder Tools With No Watermark
Here are the top free screen recording software (without watermarks) for you to consider:
ClickUp is one of the highest-rated productivity platforms and screen recording software used by productive teams in small and large companies.
It’s arguably one of the best free screen recorders with no watermark and no time limits.
With ClickUp’s free screen recording feature, Clip, you can instantly start recording your desktop screen. You can also view the recording immediately after it’s saved, without the need for downloading.
This free screen recorder doesn’t stain your creations with awkward watermarks! 💯
This way, you can create clean and professional recordings.
With Clip, you can capture compelling how-to tutorials for your clients or record technical issues to report your exact problem to the IT team.
And the best part?
There’s no time limit on recording your videos!
ClickUp Key Features
Here’s a closer look at why ClickUp is an excellent screen recording software solution:
A. Record your Clip the way you like
Need to explain a complex work process or save specific details discussed in a client meeting?
Well, ClickUp’s here to grant all your wishes.
Directly record and view your recordings right in your Chrome or Firefox browser with Clip! Instead of struggling to jot down points during a meeting, you can now sit back, relax, and let Clip work its magic.
In fact, you can choose to record screen in various ways:
- Your entire screen
- An app window
- Any browser tab (Chrome or Firefox)
B. Share your video file securely
You’ve created your recording. What’s next?
You can send the recorded video to your team and clients with a shareable link. This way, your team can easily view the recording to solve their doubts, or the client can review and give their feedback on the video.
Here’s how you share a recorded video with Clip:
- Click the … menu on the top right
- Click Copy Link
- Share the link with anyone internally or externally
Easily send your recorded Clip video to virtually anyone with a shareable link directly from ClickUp
C. Add your voice to video recordings
Why simply capture when you can also communicate?
With ClickUp, you can record your voice (using a microphone) to make your video recording more meaningful and interactive. The audio supports the visuals on your recording and helps you communicate your ideas to the viewer.
Here are more reasons why you should choose ClickUp…
- Jot notes, track time, clip website pages, and capture perfect screenshots with ClickUp’s Chrome Extension
- Provide clear instructions on proposals and images with Proofing and Assigned Comments to your team
- Bring other apps, websites, and recorded video links alongside your ClickUp tasks in Embed view
- Ditch boring fonts, apply text formatting, and resize images inside ClickUp tasks with Rich Text Editing
- Share screen recordings with Email in ClickUp to get rid of those annoying, lengthy email threads
- Flag the crucial video tasks with Priorities, so your team knows what to do and when
- Automatically change Task Statuses when clips are uploaded on the task with Automations
- View your work the way you want with Multiple views like Gantt Chart View and Kanban Board
- Write down your voice over script for audio recordings using Docs
ClickUp pricing information
ClickUp has a feature-rich Free Forever Plan that supports unlimited members, tasks, and of course, screen recording! Paid plans start as low as $5/month per user for an even more limitless feature experience.
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,200+ reviews)
Loom is a free screen recorder tool without a watermark that fosters team collaboration by allowing you to share screen recordings with anyone on any platform.
You can even divide videos into distinct folders for the internal team and external stakeholders. This way, you don’t commit the classic mistake of sending wrong video messages, accidentally releasing private information, and risk upsetting a client!
But will Loom ensure that success looms large at your workplace?
Loom key features
- Allows viewers to engage with your videos via comments and emojis
- Video messages can be password protected
- Offers engagement insights like number of viewers and CTAs
Loom pricing information
Loom’s free plan allows you to add 50 Creators and up to 25 five-minute videos per person. With its free plan, you will also have access to a cam bubble with your screen recordings, viewer insights, a team workspace, and instant editing.
…and if you love Loom, paid plans with more flexibility start at $10/user per month.
Loom customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (130+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (180+ reviews)
ScreenRec is a video recorder tool that lets you screen record using hotkeys. It uses cloud recording technology which makes it relatively lightweight and convenient.
Unfortunately, this video editing tool only comes with limited editing options and doesn’t always give you the high-resolution recordings you’re looking for.
In other words, you can’t close the deal if your client takes a closer look at your grainy videos!
ScreenRec key features
- View and access previous recordings with links
- Capture and save recordings even when you’re offline
- Add system sound or your voice to your recorded video with a microphone
ScreenRec pricing information
ScreenRec is a free online screen recorder.
ScreenRec customer ratings
- G2: 4.8/5 (3+ reviews)
- Capterra: NA
Sendspark is one of the top video platforms for customer communication. Founded by marketers with an eye for design, Sendspark makes it easy to create polished video recordings for prospecting, onboarding, or customer support.
After you install the Chrome Extension, you’ll be able to launch the recorder right within Gmail, LinkedIn, Hubspot, Intercom, or Zendesk to record a video and instantly insert it directly into the conversation. All videos are beautifully branded with your logo and brand colors – and of course – no watermarks!
Sendspark key features:
- Record screen, webcam, or both together
- Easily embed videos in Gmail, LinkedIn, Hubspot, Intercom, Zendesk, or other customer messaging platforms
- Whitelabel videos with your own logo, brand colors, calls-to-action and custom domain (CNAME)
Sendspark pricing information
Sendspark offers a free plan with up to 30 videos. For even more feature flexibility, paid pricing starts at $15/user per month for unlimited videos, custom branding, and calls-to-action.
Sendspark customer ratings
- G2: 4.8/5 (150+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (60+ reviews)
QuickTime is an interactive video capture tool for Mac users, similar to EaseUS RecExperts. You can capture computer screen recordings and stream live videos using this tool.
Unfortunately, QuickTime player doesn’t support all types of video file formats like AVI. You’ll have to rely on third-party programs to convert files.
Now that doesn’t sound like a quick fix.
QuickTime key features
- Uses editing tool to rotate, trim, split, and merge video clips
- Split videos into multiple clips to edit them individually
- Upload media files instantly to Facebook, Vimeo, and Youtube
QuickTime pricing information
QuickTime is a free online screen recorder.
QuickTime customer ratings
Screencast-O-Matic is a no watermark screen recorder and video editor that lets you enhance the quality of your recordings by adding text, images, and design effects.
You can convey your ideas to the client through an interactive video recording.
Although a powerful screen recorder, you can’t record videos for longer than 15 minutes in their free plan.
- Supports webcam recording
- Access stock video, images, and music from the built-in library
- Import video, audio, and images from multiple devices
Screencast-O-Matic pricing information
Screencast-O-Matic has a free plan, and paid plans starting at $1.65/month, billed yearly.
Screencast-O-Matic customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (20+ reviews)
7. OBS Studio
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) Studio is one of the best screen recorders without watermarks that lets you add custom backgrounds to your videos. You can use it to record your screen and also mix audio and videos to create unique visuals.
Additionally, users can stream Facebook Live and YouTube Live videos using this free screen recorder.
However, it has a steep learning curve, and beginners may need some time and training before getting into the (OBS) studio.
OBS Studio key features
- Switch between video sections using custom transitions
- Access streamlined settings to tweak recordings of your screen activity like output format, recording mode, and more
- Modular ‘Dock’ UI lets you rearrange the layout as per your choice
OBS Studio pricing information
OBS Studio is a free online screen recorder.
OBS Studio customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (600+ reviews)
8. Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder software is a simple, straightforward screen recording tool that lets you capture screen video and even share a screencast.
You can also add loads of animation and design effects to your recordings using this screen capture tool.
With this screen recording software, it sounds like you’re in for a treat (as delightful as ice cream) with this screen recording software!
Icecream Screen Recorder key features
- Copy computer screen recordings to the clipboard for ease of sharing
- Trim, speed up, or slow down your videos with this online screen recorder
- Add notes, arrows, and images to your recordings
Icecream Screen Recorder pricing information
You can download Icecream Screen Recorder for free.
Icecream Screen Recorder customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (15+ reviews)
Screencastify is a free screen recorder that supports webcam recording and is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
Their annotation tools help you draw attention to the key sections of your recording and make your videos more engaging. This way, you can ensure that your clients don’t lose interest or doze off in the middle of the video. 😴
Screencastify key features
- Add captions to your recordings
- Quickly rearrange multiple video clips in the order you want
- Import videos from your Google Drive into the editor
Screencastify pricing information
Screencastify has a free plan, and paid plans start at $49/user per year.
Screencastify customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (120+ reviews)
Tella is a camera and screen recording software that allows you to record fully customizable, instantly shareable videos from your web browser—without a watermark.
Tella also has fun customization options. You can add your own backgrounds to your screen recordings, change layouts and camera styles, and combine different clips. It also lets you trim and replace your recordings – great for recording things like demos, tutorials, presentations, even reaction videos.
You can also present slides directly in Tella with Slides Mode.
Tella key features
- Unlimited recording duration
- Customizable backgrounds and layouts
- Editable clips — trim, split, and combine different clips into one video
Tella pricing information
Record up to 10 videos with Tella’s free Starter Plan and share your videos via URL for no watermark. Its paid Pro Plan with unlimited videos and video exports without a watermark start at $19/user per month.
Tella customer ratings
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
- Chrome Store: 5/5 (20+ reviews)
Related: Check out these Vidyard alternatives!
Vmaker is an advanced free screen recording software that offers a watermark-free, secure, and reliable way to capture, share, and collaborate on on-screen recordings. It includes features such as custom branding, interactive video options like annotations and quizzes, powerful analytics, file sharing capability via Dropbox and Google Drive, etc.
Vmaker key features
- Annotate on your screen while recording
- Block notifications while you record
- Custom CTA
- Track and analyze video performance
Vmaker pricing information
Vmaker offers Free and Paid plans. Lite, its free plan, allows users to create unlimited screen recordings with a maximum length of 7 minutes per recording, while its paid plan starts at $7 per month.
Vmaker customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (74+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (30+ reviews)
TinyTake is another screen recorder without watermarks. This tool allows you to create tutorials, presentations, and videos in minutes. It offers features like the ability to record your screen with audio, share screenshots with annotations and comments, set up timed captures and GIFs, etc.
TinyTake key features:
• Free screen recording of up to 2 GB
• Ability to record your screen with audio
• Annotation and comments on images and videos
• One-click sharing in various ways (save to file, print, copy to clipboard, attach to email)
TinyTake pricing information
TinyTake’s free plan offers basic capabilities with a storage cap of 2 GB and a recording limit of 5 minutes. For more storage and advanced features, you can upgrade to the paid plans starting at $29 per year.
TinyTake customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (17+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (7+ reviews)
Next on the list is ActivePresenter, a free screen recorder without watermark that allows users to create video tutorials, presentations, and software simulations in no time. Once you’re finished recording your video, you can preview it by clicking the HTML5 Preview and export it as MP4, MKV, WMV, AVI, and WebM.
ActivePresenter key features:
• Multiple format output (HTML5, AVI, MP4, etc.)
• Interactive learning (hotspot question, quizzes, etc)
• Conditional action and advanced interactions/eLearning games
ActivePresenter pricing information
ActivePresenter offers a free plan with limited screen recording capabilities, and paid plans starting at $199 per license.
ActivePresenter customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (11+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (44+ reviews)
14. Free Cam
Free Cam is a free video recording software that lets you create screen recordings, edit videos, and upload them to YouTube without watermarks. It offers basic video capturing capabilities such as recording the entire screen, selected regions, or objects with audio. It also has an editing feature that allows users to trim and cut their recordings and adjust volume and background noise.
Free Cam key features:
• Record the entire screen, selected regions, or objects with audio
• Built-in audio and video editor
• No time limits for recordings
Free Cam pricing information:
Free Cam Free Plan provides basic video capturing capabilities with no watermark and unlimited recording time. For more advanced features like HD output and microphone boost options, you can go for the Pro plan (starts at $15/user per month).
Free Cam customer ratings:
- G2: 4/5 (16+ reviews)
- Alternativeto.net: 4.3/6 (6+ reviews)
Say Hello to High-Quality Screen Recordings With ClickUp!
From hosting a webinar to presenting a business presentation, a free screen recorder comes with a broad range of organizational uses.
And with ClickUp, you get a feature-full screen recording tool that is watermark-free and forever free to use!
On top of that, ClickUp’s screen recording tool is integrated into your project management tool. This way, you can record videos for effective collaboration while tackling your projects simultaneously.
Switch to ClickUp for free today to record videos where your content is in focus without an annoying watermark!
Questions? Comments? Visit our Help Center for support.