Today, digitization is a major necessity to optimize the productivity and efficiency of a business. This is especially true for freelance workers. The internet is the perfect place for self-employed freelancers to showcase their services in an efficient way. It is also an affordable alternative for growing a business. Above all, it provides freelancers with the advantage of being able to sell their products without the need for a physical store.
Is digitization really that important?
Truth is, digitizing your business is vital in today’s world and is essential for any business. The numbers speak for themselves: we see more than 3 billion searches a day on Google and there are more than 1,000 million active websites on the internet. Competition online is very high. If you are not present online, then you risk losing out on a majority of customers who would rather select your competition online. Because of this, it is important to at least create a website so that customers can search for you and know what your company is all about.
Bonus: Discord Alternatives
However, online marketing is a world that many are still unaware of. Some do not like to advertise at all, whether it’s online or in person. Advertising is tricky; it is an art in itself. It opens doors and a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for freelancers. Thanks to the internet, they can reach the entire planet online.
Although accurately measuring your return on investment when it comes to online marketing can be difficult, it is necessary. This is because it allows you to follow a clear marketing strategy in order to survive the digital world.
Online Marketing Tools
Here are a few online marketing tools to help you begin your online freelance journey:
- A professional blog: This is one of the most essential tools when it comes to online marketing. It allows you to create high-quality content that will interest your target audience. It also tells search engines that your website has been updated, which helps bring traffic back organically to your website. This improves your SEO positioning, help improve your personal brand, offers visitors recent news on your services, and generates content that can be shared on social media. Let your customers also become your readers.
- Have a business profile on social media platforms: Your business profiles serve as an important tool to ensure that you maintain an online presence. This allows you to create a community of loyal and interested customers. You can also contact and communicate with them directly. First, identify your target audience and adapt your content to attract those users. By building your online presence on social media, you will eventually gain followers who are willing to share your content, attracting even more potential clients.
- Search engine positioning: Search engine results positioning is a key factor for bringing traffic to your website. In today’s digital world, it is essential to be listed on the top of search result lists in order to be noticed against competitors. In order to do this, you will want to rank for certain keywords that users will type into a search engine. To optimize your SEO, create quality content that other companies and websites will share. Also, encourage Internet users to surf your site for as long as possible.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing serves as the perfect tool for building a sense of loyalty with your current customers. Create a newsletter and send it to your contacts. There, you can list current promotions, send coupons, or mention new services and offers that your business is ready to launch. This is perfect for freelancers because it keeps your client base informed and up to date.
- Website: We had to save the best for last. This is also the most important tool in online marketing. Your website should be interactive, intuitive, and easy to navigate so that your users feel comfortable signing up for services or making a purchase. Platforms such as ClickUp allow you to organize your content to create beautiful websites your users will love. Your website should also provide multiple different ways your customers may contact you, such as mail, phone or email. Or, they can simply fill out a contact form.
Digital Contact Tools
Make sure your website is clear, concise, and accurate. This is necessary in order to provide your users with several options to contact you with genuine questions or concerns they may have regarding your products or services. They need the ability to contact you and receive a quick and timely response. Otherwise, they may choose a competitor over you who is able to answer their questions sooner. Here is a list of digital tools that customers may be able to contact you with:
- Contact form: This tool is essential for any freelance professional who offers customer service to their customers. It’s easy to set up and is totally free. Completed contact forms get sent directly to your inbox. However, you should still be careful! The waiting time between filling out the form and waiting for a response can discourage your potential customers. If the response isn’t quick, they are likely to check out a competitor’s page right after.
- Click to call: This original and effective tool has become increasingly popular on business websites. With this tool, all you need to do is install a “click to call” button option on your website. Once a user clicks on the button, it immediately contacts the next available service representative. This does not require the user to use their phone in order to make a call since the call is completed entirely online. It also provides a more established, professional image for your business. Although it may not be noticeable at first glance, it also improves your SEO positioning.
- Live Chat: Having a live chat option on your website is becoming very common. Users enjoy this option because they can get a quick response in a short period of time. Also, the user can continue browsing the site while speaking to someone simultaneously.
- Virtual Numbers: Using a virtual phone number for your online marketing campaigns will allow your customers to contact you directly. By setting up a virtual business phone, such as a virtual PBX, or a hosted VoIP, you can offer personalized and efficient customer service. Some services allow you to integrate VoIP directly in your CRM, such as the case with HubSpot VoIP. In it, you can record and auto-log calls to the contact record for future reference within HubSpot CRM. Other things you can do with hosted VoIP include configuring welcome languages based on the language customers speak or making public holiday announcements to state current office hours. In addition, you can measure the effectiveness of your campaigns thanks to the statistics generated by the different virtual numbers.
These are some of the tools that simplify communication between your potential customers and your business. They are very useful in online media. You can also use these tools with your CRM and Cloud storage. To improve your business, you should start using a cloud to store all of your documents.
The storage of data is a very important element for any business. It has also evolved dramatically over the years. Previously, all documents were stored in paper format and a lot of office space was needed to preserve each and every document and file. A tedious amount of time was spent whenever you needed to search for one document. Little by little, paper gave way to hard disk recording, which eliminated the limitation of paper space. However, there were still some limitations such as the possibility of losing all the documents if a backup was not created. Now, thanks to digitalization, all professionals have at their fingertips a technology like the cloud in which they can store their documents safely and without taking up physical space. The advantages are as follows:
- Flexibility and mobility: Saving documents in the cloud allows you to access them from anywhere, all you need is a device with an Internet connection.
- Data protection: the servers where the data is stored are completely secure. You can rest assured.
- Constant updates: As it is an online medium, it is constantly updated and improved.
- Equality: Whether it’s a family business, a small business or a freelance, the cloud is available to everyone and works the same way.
- Easy to use: The use of this service is very simple and anyone with or without computer knowledge can easily use it.
The company Fonvirtual.com offers services that will help you digitize your company. Once you have created an online strategy, used online marketing tools, created different forms of communication, and added your database to the cloud, you can now say that your freelance business is officially digitized.