Generative AI tools like ChatGPT can improve the efficiency of multiple business processes, be it content creation, marketing, or product development. Can ChatGPT write you an email campaign? Yes. What about drafting a sales pitch? Definitely!
ChatGPT can reduce labor costs and toss innovative ideas into your work mix. But here’s the catch—you’ve got to know how to “talk” to it to make it work its magic.
Since its responses are based on natural language processing (NLP), you need to whisper the right combo of words—commonly known as “prompts”—into its AI ear to generate constructive responses. 👂
Sure enough, composing prompts to extract the right information from ChatGPT is an art in itself. People spend months learning the ins and outs of the software, watching tutorials, or signing up for classes—but you can take a shortcut with AI templates.
In this article, we’re bringing you seven top-notch free AI templates with ChatGPT prompts tailored to various contexts and scenarios. We’ll also spill the beans on how to use these tools with confidence!
- What is an AI Template?
- What Makes a Good AI Template?
- 7 AI Prompt Templates to Use in ChatGPT
- 1. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Marketing Template
- 2. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for HR & Recruiting Template
- 3. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Product Management Template
- 4. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Writing Template
- 5. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Copywriting Template
- 6. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Project Management Template
- 7. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Engineering Template
- AI Prompt Best Practices
What is an AI Template?
In the words of Andrej Karpathy (former head of Tesla AI, now working for ChatGPT creator OpenAI), “The hottest new programming language is English.” Instead of complex coding, you can use everyday conversational language with AI (artificial intelligence) to get the desired results, whether writing a book or devising a marketing strategy.
Writing AI prompts is easier said than done, though.
Chatbots like ChatGPT are designed to keep learning, so their responses to unstructured prompts are hit or miss. Sometimes, you get detailed and coherent responses with simple inputs. Other times, you’ll have to settle for factually incorrect or plain nonsensical answers.
Now, think of an AI template as a cheat sheet for communicating with ChatGPT and similar AI tools. 🤖
It contains high-leverage, expertly crafted prompts designed to make magic with AI language models. You get on-point responses without the extra manual effort, which ultimately helps you work faster and smarter.
What Makes a Good AI Template?
A useful AI (artificial intelligence) template needs to be:
- Easy to use: It shouldn’t contain hard-to-follow instructions for hunting or creating prompts. In most cases, the template offers ready-to-use prompts modeled to generate the targeted response
- Precise: The right template should include clear and specific prompts you can simply copy and paste to the AI chatbox with minimal changes. The input should have an appropriate length and structure, especially for ChatGPT
- Adaptable: It should allow you to edit, merge, delete, or add prompts to create a unique library of inputs that matches your needs
- Collaborative: It should let you highlight, group, and share valuable prompts with your team to reduce the trial and error involved in the feeding process
- Contextual to a role: Because of the vast scope of AI prompts, it’s best to choose a template that caters to one particular role or expertise, such as:
- Application development
- Project management
7 AI Prompt Templates to Use in ChatGPT
We’ve hand-picked the top seven AI templates from ClickUp to supercharge your team’s use of tools like ChatGPT. Each template focuses on prompts for a particular specialization:
- HR & Recruiting
- Product Management
- Project Management
These templates can help unlock exciting possibilities for your business. Let’s figure out how they work and explore relevant applications for each.
1. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Marketing Template
Want to take your marketing efforts to the next level? Look no further than the ChatGPT Prompts for Marketing Template. It’s a treasure chest of 600+ prompts to help you jumpstart innovative campaigns, engage with and provide value to the target audience, and boost sales.
Whether you’re writing Google Ad headlines or need call-to-action button ideas, this easy-to-use template is your go-to. It divides prompts into 40+ categories, including:
- Branding and Positioning
- Affiliate Marketing
- Facebook Ad Copy
- Event Marketing
Let’s say you sell jewelry online and must write a product description for a zirconia necklace that perfectly fits any casual outfit.
In this case, you’ll open the template, find the Product Descriptions category, and dive into the available prompt pool. A compatible option could be: “Please write a product description that is suitable for our website and includes [customizable information] about our [product/service].”
For SEO marketing, try prompts that help you write a keyword-rich product description to rank higher in search engine results. You also have the option to incorporate user persona requests in the prompt.
Got ideas for more lead conversions? Mix and match to create personalized prompts within the template and save them for future use!
2. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for HR & Recruiting Template
HR professionals often spend significant portions of their time on repetitive administrative tasks. With the ChatGPT Prompts for HR Template, you can leverage AI-powered advice to:
- Develop strategies for navigating numerous HR processes
- Create career development plans for employees
- Draft content like a job description, employee handbook, cover letter, or announcement
The template splits 140+ templates into 10 focused groups, including job listings, onboarding guides, and performance reviews. Edit and customize the template to add new prompts that you find useful for your organization. Share your HR wisdom with your team in a single click! 🦉
Suppose you’re an HR assistant trying to come up with fun team-building activities for your sales team. Head to prompts for Team Meetings and use: “Craft a list of engaging team building activities and icebreakers for sales team meetings, aimed at fostering collaboration and strengthening team dynamics.”
This template is full of resources to help you build a positive workplace environment. Explore options to encourage idea sharing, provide recognition and rewards, collect employee feedback, or promote work-life balance!
Although it mainly serves HR professionals, the template can also aid job-seekers with prompts for creating a cover letter, job application, and responses to common interview questions.
3. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Product Management Template
As a product manager, you have to constantly analyze markets, competitive conditions, and an avalanche of customer feedback before developing your next strategy. It’s easy to overwhelm your senses and lose sight of the big picture.
The ChatGPT Prompts for Product Management Template can get you out of a rut, saving you time with 130+ elaborate prompts. The instructions are spread across 13 categories, covering product management use cases like:
- Feature development
- Landing page
- User testing
- UX design
- Product launch
Let’s say you plan to conduct user behavior research for a productivity app for teens. The template will set you up with several detailed ChatGPT prompts for User Interviews. You can use the exact prompts from the template or make experimental tweaks.
A completed prompt can look like this: “Explain the process of designing and conducting a user interview for a productivity app for teens, providing guidance on preparing interview questions, selecting participants, and managing the interview process.”
We recommend trying the template’s Qualitative Analysis prompts if you’re struggling to identify dominant themes in research data. They can be quite helpful in getting ChatGPT to interpret complex narratives affecting your product. 📢
Release Notes is another helpful collection of prompts to work out issues around new features, enhancements, and bug fixes with AI assistance.
4. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Writing Template
Writer’s block is never pleasant. You stare at the paper (or screen) for hours and pick yourself apart—but fail to find a smidge of inspiration. Trust the ChatGPT Prompts for Writing Template to reignite your creative spark and flaunt your true colors! ✍️
Before discussing what the template offers, let’s clarify that this isn’t a magic wand to support plagiarizers looking to repackage someone else’s work.
Instead, it’s designed to support the entire writing process, especially in the following four areas:
- Generating ideas for creating all kinds of content, including blog posts and guides
- Offering fresh perspectives to engage your target readers
- Exploring new approaches to writing a particular piece
- Giving detailed insights into your writing style
The template lets you access 200+ prompts in 20 categories, from blogs and biographies to thesis and fan fiction.
Let’s discuss a typical application of the template: Writing novels!
We’ll call our writer Riley. They’re working on a cool fantasy piece but find themselves procrastinating, a dreadful byproduct of writer’s block.
All Riley needs to do is head to the Novels section. They can customize and feed the following prompt into ChatGPT: “Help me develop a writing schedule for my [genre] novel, which is about [novel’s main topic/theme], keeping in mind I can dedicate [number of hours per week] to writing.”
What if Riley runs out of ideas for plot twists? Perhaps this prompt can help: “What are some innovative plot ideas for a new [genre] novel that could provide a unique twist to the traditional narrative?”
For writers smothered by deadlines, this template offers time tracking, reminders, and time estimate tools to help with scheduled deliveries.
5. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Copywriting Template
ChatGPT is one of the most capable AI copywriting tools out there, but it’s only as good as the prompts thrown in by the user. Fall back on the ChatGPT Prompts for Copywriting Template to benefit from AI-powered writing and engage your readers with quality, informative copies.
This free AI template offers 600+ prompts to help you craft classy content based on target groups, such as millennials, health enthusiasts, business owners, or investors.
Here’s how to use this template:
- Launch the template and go to the Copywriting section
- Find the prompt subcategory you’re interested in, such as podcast episode description, landing page copy, social media ad, or video scripts
- Pick the prompt that aligns with your intent, for example, getting the reader to purchase a product, attend an event, or sign up for a service
- Replace the variables in the brackets with relevant info
- Copy the prompt to ChatGPT
You can add trust-building elements to your copy with prompts for integrating customer quotes, success stories, or other useful data that validates your product!
6. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Project Management Template
AI-powered tools have simplified the complications of project management (PM). For instance, ChatGPT can do the data-related heavy lifting for you when creating project plans or managing team schedules. The more precise your prompts are, the better suggestions you can expect.
Leverage the ChatGPT Prompts for Project Management Template to simulate potential solutions to everyday PM problems. It has around 200 prompts to help you:
- Choose the ideal project management methodology (like agile or waterfall)
- Create tasks and automate repetitive ones
- Develop completion timelines
- Brainstorm strategies for project execution
- Tailor solutions based on risk assessment and stakeholder analysis
- Develop a tracking system
If you’re trying to find solutions within time or budget constraints, explore the template’s prompt collections for Budgeting and Cost Control, Critical Path Method, and Resource Management.
For example, you’re trying to predict the budgeting challenges that may arise in a new software project. Go to the Budgeting and Cost Control prompts and try this option: “Explain common challenges encountered while managing project budget and costs in software development, and provide potential solutions for these difficulties.”
Use the tweaked input and watch ChatGPT devise ways to avoid budgeting conflicts. If you like an out-of-the-box suggestion, you can continue your conversation with ChatGPT to get insights on implementing the solution. 💡
7. ClickUp ChatGPT Prompts for Engineering Template
Communicating engineering problems can be particularly tricky, but the ChatGPT Prompts for Engineering Template makes it easier.
One of the template’s strongest suits is its prompts for unstructured data. This is usually a challenge to deal with, and can really use the AI perspective.
Let’s say you’re leading a large engineering team and have noticed that your employees are not on the same wavelength. This can lead to unaddressed conflicts and counterproductive results, but how do you fix it?
Instead of wasting hours figuring out vague solutions, just go to the template and try this prompt: “Develop a tool that enhances collaboration between team members, facilitating communication and improving the overall development process.”
You have 200+ ChatGPT prompts to get you started, but there’s no need to scroll through all of them. ClickUp categorized them into over a dozen use cases, including AI coding, bug reports, data analysis, technical specifications, and sprint retrospectives. You even have one for technical writing prompts, ideal for creating professional-looking user manuals, proposals, and research reports!
The available prompts are designed with the latest trends and technologies in mind, so you can think of as many applications as you can imagine. The template’s users are mostly software developers, data scientists, programmers, designers, and QA testers.
AI Prompt Best Practices
Before you dive into the world of AI templates and prompts, here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Keep your prompts brief and clear. Remember, ChatGPT and other AI tools has a limited attention span!
- Don’t just copy-paste prompts from the template library. Make changes that align with your context. This will help the AI tool better understand your intention and provide more relevant outputs.
- Experiment with different prompts to trigger unique responses. The same prompt can have multiple interpretations, so mixing it up can lead to diverse suggestions.
- Don’t rely solely on AI. Use your own judgment and experience to evaluate the outputs.
- Keep track of which prompts work best for you and reuse them in the future.
- Be patient with AI tools like ChatGPT. It may take a few tries to get the desired output, but perseverance will lead to success!
Get More Done in Less Time With the Best AI Prompt Templates
The listed AI prompt templates can save you time and money on critical business processes like marketing and customer service. But if you’re looking for more hands-on AI-backed support for your goals, try ClickUp AI, an AI-powered assistant.
ClickUp AI can help you generate ideas and work faster without reaching for ChatGPT. Use it to brainstorm ideas for startups, create project briefs, enhance your writing, draft a cover letter, and more! ✏️