ClickUp 3.0: Productivity, Reimagined
The day we’ve all been waiting for has arrived: ClickUp 3.0 is here.
Since we launched ClickUp 2.0 in October 2019, it’s been an incredible journey. ClickUp 2.0 was built by and for our community, and our latest release is no different. To those of you who have been with us since the early days, thank you for sticking with us and sharing your feedback.
Together, we’ve come a long way. Over the past two years, our team has been insanely busy building the platform of the future to ensure that the experience exceeds your wildest expectations.
We had the vision for ClickUp 3.0, even before launching 2.0, and the next generation of ClickUp is arriving just in time to solve the problems faced by today’s workforce. Productivity has never been more important.
This next generation of ClickUp is insanely powerful, shockingly simple, and ready to redefine productivity (again). It brings incredible upgrades in performance and reliability, as well as many new features that tie all of your work together to help you stay organized, work smarter, and be more productive.
How We Rebuilt the Platform and What That Means for You
ClickUp’s platform was pushed to the limits as we quickly scaled to almost 10 million users over the last five years. Our original architecture simply wasn’t cutting it anymore. In the last year and a half, we hired more than 150 engineers and worked intensely to solve this problem.
We built an entirely new infrastructure that, first and foremost, provides substantial reliability improvements. The new architecture is designed with infinite scalability in mind and will support us (and you) as we continue to grow into the future and beyond.
Built on three core principles—reliability, quality, and performance—we rearchitected our database, shifted to a service-based architecture, and rewrote our WebSocket infrastructure and application code. Here are just a few of the ways you’ll experience these changes:
- Consistent uptime every month, exceeding our promise of 99.99% 🏃
- Real-time updates, no more refreshing 🔄
- Task View is 80% faster 🎢
- Notifications load instantly 🚤
- Search is 3x faster and 7x more relevant 🔍
- Faster views, especially on Spaces and Workspaces ⚡️
This also sets us up to deliver important innovations over the next year and ship many of our most requested features like formulas, relationships, subfolders, and better reporting.
There’s so much more to share—check out more details from our SVP of Engineering, Shailesh Kumar, in his blog post.
An Inside Look at the New Features That Will Transform the Way You Work
As we look at the new ClickUp 3.0 product experience, it will feel like an entirely new ClickUp, redesigned with epic improvements and new features.
From the start, we’ve been obsessed with crafting an unparalleled user experience, meticulously focusing on even the tiniest of details. ClickUp 3.0 brings the focus back to delivering the most exceptional, best-in-class user experience. It’s clean and intuitive. Modern and uncluttered.
New ways to accelerate personal productivity
With ClickUp 3.0, we’re introducing new capabilities to help you make the most of your time at work. With a stunning new design and an AI-powered assistant at your side, getting work done never felt (or looked) this good.
- ClickUp AI: Save a ton of time (my most important principle) by automatically generating creative ideas, summarizing lengthy text, and upgrading your writing skills. This is just the start. There’s much more to come this year with AI.
- Universal Search: Instantly find any file in connected apps (e.g. Google Drive, Slack, Figma) and of course, within ClickUp—all from one place.
- Inbox: Crush your tasks with a redesigned Inbox that highlights your most important notifications and provides a side-by-side view of the associated work.
- Home: Supercharge productivity with a personalized Home that automatically surfaces your most important work first and the context you need to get stuff done faster.
Bring creativity to collaboration
If you can think it, you can build it. Unleash your creativity to manage anything with the most powerful and customizable version of ClickUp ever with the help of:
- Canvas and Cards: Transform ClickUp into a dynamic surface that you can personalize using portable Cards that let you visualize work your way.
- Custom Task Types: Create custom task types to represent just about anything you want to manage in ClickUp—accounts, cases, SKUs, backlog items, you name it.
- Enhanced Automations: Handle a wider range of use cases with advanced logic and new actions. Plus, enjoy the peace of mind that your Automations trigger in real-time.
Centralize work and knowledge
Bring your teams, tools, and knowledge into one place, so that everyone can move faster together to get work done.
- App Center: Explore, configure, and manage hundreds of integrations from certified partners in one convenient place.
- Hubs: Create a customized view of files and build curated collections that make it easy to access, find, and organize content in one place.
- Overviews: Bring work to light for your teams with Overviews—easily customized homepages that provide a zoomed-out view of the work happening within any Space, Folder, or List.
Join the ClickUp 3.0 Waitlist for Early Access
We can’t wait for you to get your hands on the brand-new ClickUp 3.0 experience. It will launch in two phases. Starting today, we are rolling out the ClickUp 3.0 product experience to Workspaces in beta and will increase the velocity of invites to those on the waitlist over the next several weeks. Separately, Workspaces will begin transitioning to the new ClickUp 3.0 infrastructure in March.
I’ll share more details during my keynote at our virtual productivity conference, LevelUp! And don’t forget to sign up for the ClickUp 3.0 Waitlist.
ClickUp 3.0 is a huge milestone, and what it unlocks as far as improving quality, finishing existing features, and the innovation to come is what I’m most excited for you to experience this next year and beyond.
Let’s make the world more productive, together.
Questions? Comments? Visit our Help Center for support.