The vision of your company should be the foundation of all decisions, projects, and plans. At ClickUp, we’ve created a Vision Whiteboard Template that helps you get clear on your mission and values so that everyone can stay aligned.
This template will help you:
- Lay out your vision with clarity and focus
- Gather insights from stakeholders and team members to ensure alignment
- Organize tasks in an easy-to-understand way to track progress
With ClickUp's Vision Whiteboard Template, you can easily keep everyone informed and motivated around what matters most for success.
Benefits of a Vision Whiteboard Template
Creating a vision whiteboard template is a great way to help your team visualize and stay focused on a common goal. The benefits of using a vision whiteboard template include:
- Providing a clear and visual representation of the organization's goals and objectives
- Helping to create a shared understanding of the direction and purpose of the team
- Fostering collaboration and team building among members
- Motivating members to work towards the common goal
Main Elements of a Vision Whiteboard Template
ClickUp's Vision Whiteboard Template is designed to help you capture your vision and keep track of progress. This Whiteboard template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of each step in the process
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your tasks and easily visualize the steps necessary to achieve your goals
- Custom Views: Open 1 view in ClickUp, the Vision Board, so that you can brainstorm and document your progress
- Project Management: Improve vision tracking with screen recording, collaborative editing, automations, AI, and more
How to Use a Vision Whiteboard Template
Creating a vision whiteboard is a great way to keep your team focused and motivated. Here are the steps to help you create your own:
1. Set the focus of your board
First, decide on the focus of your vision whiteboard. This may be an overall goal, such as “Increase customer satisfaction” or “Grow our business by 20%”, or it may be a specific project you’re working on.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas for the focus of your board.
2. Brainstorm ideas
Once you’ve decided on the focus, it’s time to brainstorm ideas. Encourage your team to come up with creative solutions and ideas that will help move the company closer to its goal.
Use Whiteboards in ClickUp to collect ideas and run a brainstorming session.
3. Organize the ideas
Now that you have a list of ideas, it’s time to organize them into categories. This will help your team better understand the main goals and objectives that you’re hoping to achieve.
Use the Board view in ClickUp to organize ideas into specific categories.
4. Refine and finalize the board
Once you’ve organized the ideas, it’s time to refine your vision whiteboard. Add visuals, graphics, or other elements that will help explain the ideas on the board. You can also assign tasks and set deadlines to ensure that everyone is working together towards the same goal.
Create tasks in ClickUp to assign to team members and set deadlines.
Get Started with ClickUp's Vision Whiteboard Template
Strategy teams can use this Vision Whiteboard Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to developing strategies and setting goals.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a vision for your team:
- Use the Vision Board View to save and organize the ideas and goals you have for your team
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open, Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Hold regular meetings to discuss progress and any issues
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity