Welcome to the New Year—it's time to set and achieve your resolutions! ClickUp's New Year Resolution Template helps you stay on track with your goals, by giving you the tools to:
- Create a personalized plan for achieving what matters most
- Visualize progress and celebrate milestones along the way
- Stay organized and motivated as you work towards success
Whether it's finally getting around to learning a new language or starting a business, our template makes it easy to get started. With ClickUp's New Year Resolution Template, you'll be ready to take on 2021 and beyond!
Benefits of a New Year Resolution Template
It's easy to get carried away with the excitement of a new year and make unrealistic goals. A New Year resolution template can help you create achievable goals and stay on track throughout the year. Here are some of the benefits of using a template:
- Provide structure to your goals and help you make a plan to achieve them
- Help you stay focused and motivated on the goals you want to achieve
- Ensure that you’re setting achievable, measurable goals that can be tracked over time
- Help you identify the resources and support you need to make progress on your goals
Main Elements of a New Year Resolution Template
ClickUp's New Year Resolution Template is designed to help you keep track of your progress with personal goals and resolutions. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Complete, In Progress, and To Do to keep track of goals that need to be accomplished
- Custom Fields: Use 4 different custom attributes such as Goal progress, Year, Frequency, and Resolution Type to save vital information about goals and easily visualize progress
- Custom Views: Open 3 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as List, Year, and Getting Started Guide so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve goal tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a New Year Resolution Template
Making New Year’s resolutions is a great way to set yourself up for success in the upcoming year. Here are some steps to help you get started with creating and achieving your resolutions:
1. Brainstorm and list your goals
Write down your goals for the upcoming year. It can be helpful to categorize them into different areas of your life, such as personal, professional, or financial..
Use a Whiteboard in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas and list your goals.
2. Create tasks for each resolution
Once you have your list of goals, create tasks in ClickUp for each resolution. Include deadlines, if applicable, and assign each task to a team member or yourself.
3. Set milestones
Breaking down your New Year’s resolutions into smaller milestones will help you stay focused and motivated. Set a Milestone in ClickUp for each resolution you have set and add tasks and subtasks to each one.
4. Track progress
Set up automated reminders in ClickUp that will alert you when a task or milestone is coming up. This will help you stay on track and make sure you’re making progress towards achieving your goals.
5. Reward yourself
Celebrate your successes throughout the year and reward yourself when you reach a milestone. This will help to keep you motivated and on track to achieving your goals.
Create recurring tasks in ClickUp to remind you to reward yourself periodically for reaching your milestones.
Get Started with ClickUp's New Year Resolution Template
Individuals can use this New Year Resolution Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to setting goals and tracking progress.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to meet your New Year's resolutions:
- Use the List View to keep track of all your resolutions
- The Year View will help you organize and plan out your resolutions for the upcoming year
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide helpful advice and tips to get you started on the right track
- Organize tasks into three different statuses: Complete, In Progress, To Do, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep yourself informed of progress
- Set up notifications to remind yourself of upcoming tasks
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity