Do you have sensitive information that you want locked down? Set permissions for important things in ClickUp.
Permission settings let you decide what people can (and can't) do inside of ClickUp. For example, you may not want certain people being able to edit your stuff.
Permissions may be set for anyone - including both Guests and Members, for Projects, Lists, and tasks.
Spaces, however, do not have permission settings.
- Click the action menu
- Open the
- Open the permissions dropdown beside members or guests
- You may also set permissions as you invite members and guests
Can view: read-only, cannot edit tasks in anyway
Can comment: comment only, and attach files
- - Liking comments
- - Assigning and resolving comments related to themselves
- Attaching files
Can comment (with task assigned): comment, attach files, change status, and change assignee(s).
- Change status
- Change assignee(s)
Can edit: edit tasks, but can't create new tasks
- Editing all task details (status, assignee, title, ClickApps, etc)
- - Members to have the ability to share, add, and remove access
- Edit subtasks
- Ability to remove attachments
- Ability to archive
- Ability to move, merge, duplicate, or use templates
Create and Edit (Full)
- Ability to create tasks and subtasks
- This is the only option for guests on Free Forever teams