Project boards are the command centers for organizing and visualizing your projects. The ideal project board template helps teams:
- Track progress from start to finish
- Collaborate better and share progress with stakeholders
- Break down complex tasks into manageable chunks
ClickUp's Project Board Template is designed to help you do all of the above and more! From managing tasks to tracking deadlines, this project board template is your one-stop-shop for getting all of your projects organized in one place. Plus, it’s totally customizable so you can tailor it to fit any project or team size. Get started now with ClickUp's Project Board Template and take control of your projects!
Benefits of a Project Board Template
Project boards can help you stay organized and ensure that you're tracking progress towards your goals. Some of the benefits of using a project board template include:
- Encouraging collaboration among team members
- Providing an easy way to track tasks and deadlines
- Allowing for better visibility of progress and issues
- Giving teams a better understanding of the project's big picture
Main Elements of a Project Board Template
ClickUp's Project Board Template is designed to help you organize and manage all your projects in one place. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Brainstorm, Ongoing, Research, Complete, and Cancelled to keep track of the progress of each project
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your projects such as Quarter, Team, Department, Duration Days, Lead, and more
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Progress Board, Getting Started Guide, Projects List, and Department Board so that you can easily manage your projects
- Project Management: Improve project tracking with checklist templates, comment reactions, dependency warnings, and more
How to Use a Project Board Template
Creating a project board in ClickUp is a great way to organize and track the progress of any project. Follow these five steps to get started:
1. Define the project scope
Before creating your project board, it’s important to define the project scope and set clear goals. Identify key milestones, tasks, and resources needed to complete the project.
2. Create the board
Once you’ve identified the project scope and goals, it’s time to create the board. Start by adding columns to the board such as “To-Do”, “In Progress”, and “Done”. Then, add tasks to the board based on the project scope you defined.
Use the Board view in ClickUp to create your project board.
3. Assign tasks
Once the board is set up, assign tasks to team members and set due dates. Make sure to assign tasks that are within each person’s skillset and that they have the necessary resources to complete them.
Use Automations in ClickUp to assign tasks to team members and set due dates.
4. Track progress
As tasks are completed, update the board to reflect progress. This will help you track how the project is progressing and make adjustments if needed.
Use the Gantt chart in ClickUp to track progress and adjust tasks if needed.
5. Celebrate milestones
Finally, once the project is complete, celebrate the accomplishment with your team.
Use Milestones in ClickUp to track and celebrate accomplishments.
Get Started with ClickUp's Project Board Template
Project teams can use this Project Board Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to visualizing project progress and managing tasks.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to manage projects:
- Use the Progress Board View to keep track of progress and make sure all tasks are completed on time
- The Getting Started Guide View will help you plan out the project and get it off the ground
- The Projects List View will give you an overview of all your projects so you can prioritize tasks
- The Department Board View will help you keep track of which department is responsible for which tasks
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Brainstorm, Ongoing, Research, Complete, Cancelled, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity