Productivity is the hot topic du jour.
As a society, we’re trying to manage the overload of information, opportunities, tasks and responsibilities that bombard us every day. The Harvard Business Review, one of the most respected business publications in the world, was documenting information overload in 2009…almost 10 years ago!
Think about how much change has happened in that short period of time…and it doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon.
To help, there are loads of productivity tips, hacks and best practices to help. And those are great. But there’s something missing in the middle: a productivity platform that ties it all together.
That’s what ClickUp as a productivity platform will do.
So What Exactly Is A Productivity Platform?
A productivity platform is a place to manage your work life.
And, your personal life.
Really, it’s about managing your whole life.
It’s about making you more productive. Saving you time. Making you generally happier and more successful.
Yes, it is.
But the reality is this needs to be solved. I’m not solving this just to create another project management app, I’m solving this for myself.
Why can’t my reminders be in the same place as my calendar?
Why can’t my calendar and reminders be with my tasks?
Why can’t my work life and my life outside of work be in the same place, but partitioned enough so they don’t mix?
Why can’t I just have everything in one simple and beautiful platform?
These are the questions I asked myself. And this is the core of ClickUp’s mission.
We aren’t here just to solve the project management problem. We came together to solve bigger problems.
ClickUp is the Productivity Platform.
The ClickUp productivity platform simply starts with team productivity but our plans are much larger.
And it incorporates a lot of the features that you’re used to in some of the current software offerings, but elevates them to the next level.
ClickUp connects with the tools that you depend on and offers a few new things that you may not expect, but will be pleasantly surprised by.
The ClickUp Productivity Platform is:
- Personal Inbox
We’re not completely there yet, don’t get me wrong. But this is what we aim to be, it’s who we are.
Our top features include:
- Assigned Comments – Create and assign action items for yourself or others right from the comment threads
- The Task Tray – Minimizing a task will dock the task into your tray allowing you to come back at any point. Use this to keep active tasks at the top of your mind all day.
- Google Calendar 2-way Sync – We keep track of any change to titles, start dates, & due dates. Seriously. You make the change, ClickUp does the rest.
- Recurring Tasks – Our Recurring Tasks feature allows nearly every single possibility you could imagine.
- Multiple Assignees – Collaborate together on a single task – if your Space allows it.
- Custom Statuses – Set up your workflow with custom statuses to fit each individual project.
- Tags – ClickUp tasks love Tags. They let you organize tasks on a whole new dimension, and provide your tasks a renewed sense of purpose!
- Multitask Management – Pick multiple tasks or groups of tasks and make as many changes as you want to that group with a single click.
- Calendar – ClickUp’s native Calendar gives visualization to time-dependent tasks.
- Quick Task Management – Right-click on any task (or click the ellipses) to reveal the quick task management menu.
- Rich Text Editing – Format a task however you want with the editing features you’re used to in docs and note-taking apps. With ClickUp’s intuitively beautiful rich formatting interface, there’s no need to limit a task to only basic text.
- Collaboration Detection and Real Time Syncing – Know who else is viewing a task with yellow binoculars, and see when other users are actively writing new comments with the purple ellipses.
- Three Different Views – List View, Board View, and Box View offer the perfect view for developers, managers, and everything in between. No one is hemmed into a certain look or style.
- Priorities – What’s most important? In ClickUp, you can create custom priority levels, and organize tasks based on their importance to a project.
- Drag and Drop – Drag and drop tasks no matter where they are in ClickUp – Board, List, or Box view.
- Smart Search – The more you use it, the smarter it gets. Find tasks all across your spaces.
- Task Linking and Mentions – ClickUp automatically associates tasks with a simple link – or in our terminology, a mention.
- Integrations – The ClickApps integration will help you seamlessly manage and collaborate on Git workflows, sync time tracking with Harvest, and send tasks to and from Slack.
- Due and Start Dates and times – Specify both start and due dates/times, and get notified when tasks are past due.
To show you what ClickUp can really do and help you be more productive, check out how our power users get things done on ClickUp.
ClickUp’s mission is to change how the world gets their work done. And we want you to be part of the process. That’s why we ask for user input on feature suggestions and priorities.
Check it out here and tell us what you think!