Scaling agile teams and projects is no easy task. To make sure you can deliver on time and within budget, you need a reliable program increment board to keep your team aligned and organized.
ClickUp's Program Increment Board Template helps you:
- Visualize and track sprints and releases in one place
- Share ideas with the team to continuously improve performance
- Measure progress accurately so that you can hit delivery deadlines
Whether you're scaling up or down, this template will help your team stay focused on what's important for collective success. Get started now — it's all just a few clicks away!
Benefits of a Program Increment Board Template
Program Increment Board Templates are a great way to ensure that everyone in your organization is on the same page. Benefits of using this template include:
- Providing a common language for everyone to use while discussing progress on the project
- Enabling teams to easily track progress and identify any issues quickly
- Helping teams visualize their progress and better plan for future phases
- Making it easier to ensure that all stakeholders are informed and aligned on the project
Main Elements of a Program Increment Board Template
ClickUp's Program Increment Board Template is designed to help you track and visualize the progress of a program increment. This Whiteboard template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of each step in the program increment
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your tasks and easily visualize the progress of a program increment
- Custom Views: Open 2 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Whiteboard and Getting Started Guide so that you can quickly get started
- Project Management: Improve program increment tracking with tagging, nested subtasks, multiple assignees, and priority labels
How to Use a Program Increment Board Template
Creating an effective Program Increment (PI) Board can help you track the progress of your team and ensure that all deadlines are met. Here are the steps to help you get started:
1. Gather necessary information
Before building your PI Board, you need to have all the necessary information on hand. This includes information about the project goals, objectives, timeline, and team members.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to collect and organize all relevant data on your Program Increment Board.
2. Create the PI Board
Now that you have all the necessary information, you can start building your PI Board. This should include a timeline of the project, tasks and subtasks, as well as any important milestones.
Use the Board view in ClickUp to create a visual representation of your Program Increment Board.
3. Assign tasks
Once your PI Board is set up, it’s time to assign tasks. This should include who is responsible for each task, when they should be completed, and any deadlines that need to be met.
Create tasks in ClickUp for each task and assign them to the appropriate team members.
4. Monitor progress
Your PI Board should be monitored regularly to ensure that all tasks are completed on time and that the project is moving forward according to the timeline.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to track progress on each task and use Automations to receive notifications when tasks are completed.
Get Started with ClickUp's Program Increment Board Template
Agile teams can use this Program Increment Board Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to planning and tracking program goals.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a program increment board:
- Use the Whiteboard View to plan out tasks and assign them to team members
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide helpful tips and resources to help you get started with the program increment board
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open and Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Hold regular meetings to discuss progress and any issues
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity