Submittal logs are an essential part of project management, but they can be time-consuming to create and manage. ClickUp's Submittal Log Template makes it easy to organize your entire submittal process in one place.
This cloud-based template helps you:
- Organize all submittals in a single source of truth
- Reduce manual data entry with automated integrations
- Track approvals and rejections quickly and accurately
Whether you're managing a small job or a major construction project, the ClickUp Submittal Log Template is your go-to tool for staying organized.
Benefits of a Submittal Log Template
A submittal log template helps your organization keep track of documents, materials, and other items that have been submitted to a contractor, customer, or other third-party. By using such a template, you can benefit in the following ways:
- Eliminate the time and effort needed to manually track and organize submitted items
- Identify any items that are missing from the log so that they can be resubmitted
- Provide a reference for all documents, materials, and other items that have been submitted
- Easily create reports quickly and accurately for internal and external use
Main Elements of a Submittal Log Template
ClickUp's Submittal Log Template is designed to help you track and manage the status of project submittals. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Approved, Cancelled, For Review, In Review, and Needs Revision to keep track of the progress of each submittal
- Custom Fields: Use 7 different custom attributes such as Notes, PM Email, Project ID, Project Manager PM, and PM Phone, to save vital information about each submittal and easily visualize data
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Submittal Status View, Submittal Log Form, Submittal Log, and Getting Started Guide so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve submittal tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Submittal Log Template
Creating a submittal log can help you track the progress of projects and keep everyone on the same page. Here are the steps you can take to create your own.
1. Gather the necessary information
Before creating the log, you will need to gather all pertinent information about the project. This includes the project’s scope, timeline, budget, and any other relevant details.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to store all the necessary information in one place.
2. Create the document
Use a spreadsheet program or other suitable software to design your submittal log. Start by entering the project’s name, timeline, budget, and any other relevant information.
Use Table view in ClickUp to create a custom spreadsheet and submittal log.
3. Enter data
Next, enter the details of each submittal, including the name of the submitter, date submitted, and any comments or notes. You can also add any special instructions or requirements that must be met before a submittal is approved.
Create tasks in ClickUp to track each submittal and add notes for special instructions.
4. Monitor progress
Use your submittal log to track the progress of the project. You can use it to see which submissions have been approved, which are still pending, and which have been rejected. Monitoring the progress of the project can help you identify any issues that need to be addressed.
Use Board view in ClickUp to track the progress of each submission and the project as a whole.
5. Update and revise
Once your submittal log is complete, review the data regularly to ensure that all information is up-to-date and accurate. When changes occur, make sure to update the document accordingly so as not to miss out on any important details.
Set a recurring task in ClickUp to regularly review and update your submittal log.
Get Started with ClickUp's Submittal Log Template
Construction teams can use this Submittal Log Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to tracking approvals and managing documents.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to manage submittals:
- Use the Submittal Status View to track the progress of all submittals
- The Submittal Log Form View will allow you to quickly create new submittals
- The Submittal Log View will help you keep track of all submittals in one place
- The Getting Started Guide View will give you a quick overview of how to use the template
- Organize submittals into five different statuses: Approved, Cancelled, For Review, In Review, Needs Revision, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as submittals progress to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze submittals to ensure maximum efficiency