Press releases are one of the most important tools for getting your message out to the world. But crafting a good press release takes time and effort, and it can be hard to know where to start.
That's why ClickUp created this Press Release Template! It will help you quickly create high-impact press releases that will:
- Highlight the unique value of your product or service
- Grab attention with compelling visuals and copy
- Engage potential customers in an effective way
Stop struggling to craft the perfect press release—ClickUp's template has everything you need right at your fingertips!
Benefits of a Press Release Template
Press releases are an important part of any successful marketing plan. A press release template can help you to:
- Streamline the process of writing effective press releases
- Ensure consistency in formatting, style, and messaging
- Improve the chances that your press releases will get published
- Save time and resources by reusing components of a press release
Main Elements of a Press Release Template
ClickUp's Press Release Template is designed to help you create, manage, and track press releases in one place. This Doc template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with various custom statuses to keep track of the progress of each press release
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your press releases and easily visualize press release data
- Custom Views: Start with this Doc template and build out your ClickUp workflow which includes List, Gantt, Workload, Calendar, and more
- Project Management: Improve press release tracking with comment reactions, tagging, nested subtasks, and multiple assignees
How to Use a Press Release Template
Writing a press release can be a great way to get the word out about your product or service. Follow these steps to create a successful press release:
1. Know your audience
Before you can begin writing your press release, you need to know who your target audience is. This will help you determine the tone, content, and language to use in your release.
Use a Board view in ClickUp to map out the types of people who might be interested in your product or service.
2. Develop your story
Next, you need to decide what story you want to tell. What information are you trying to convey? Think about what makes your product or service unique and how it can benefit your audience.
Create tasks in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas for the story you want to tell.
3. Write the release
Now, you can start writing your press release. Begin with a catchy headline and then move onto the body of the release. Include all the relevant facts—such as launch date, pricing, features, etc.—and make sure to include contact information for future inquiries.
Use Docs in ClickUp to write and collaborate on your press release.
4. Distribute the release
Once your press release is ready to go, it’s time to start distributing it. You can do this by sending it to the media outlets, bloggers, and influencers that are relevant to your story.
Create automated emails in ClickUp to easily send your press release to the right people.
Get Started with ClickUp's Press Release Template
Public relations can use this Press Release Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to crafting and sharing newsworthy announcements.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a successful press release:
- Create a project for each press release goal
- Assign tasks to team members and designate a timeline
- Collaborate with stakeholders to brainstorm ideas and create content
- Organize tasks into categories to keep track of progress
- Set up notifications to stay up-to-date on progress
- Hold regular meetings to discuss progress and any issues
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity