Internal audits are essential for ensuring that your teams and processes are running efficiently and compliant with regulations. To make the process easier, an internal audit template provides a consistent structure to document and monitor the progress of every audit.
ClickUp's Internal Audit Form Template provides the perfect way to easily manage and track all your internal audits in one place. This template helps you:
- Organize all audit forms in a centralized location
- Visualize key performance indicators using custom reports
- Align teams around common goals to ensure compliance
With ClickUp's Internal Audit Form Template, you can manage and report on all your internal audits quickly and accurately—all in one place!
Benefits of an Internal Audit Form Template
An internal audit form template is a great way to ensure your business is in compliance with regulatory and industry standards. Here are some of the benefits of using this tool:
- Provides an objective evaluation of internal processes and identifies areas for improvement
- Helps identify any discrepancies between actual and expected operations
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Helps to prevent fraud and errors in financial reporting
Main Elements of an Internal Audit Form Template
ClickUp's Internal Audit Form Template is designed to help you efficiently manage internal audits. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Complete, Corrective Actions, In Review, and To Do to keep track of the progress of each audit
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your tasks and easily visualize audit data
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as Needs Attention, Summary, Internal Audit Form, and Getting Started Guide so that you can quickly access all the relevant information
- Project Management: Improve audit tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warnings, emails, and more
How to Use an Internal Audit Form Template
Conducting an effective internal audit can help you identify areas of improvement and ensure that your business is operating efficiently. Here are six steps to help you get started:
1. Create an audit plan
Start by making an audit plan that outlines the objectives of the audit, the scope of the audit, the timeline for completing the audit, and the resources needed.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to write out and collaborate on your audit plan.
2. Gather the necessary documents
Gather all the documents and information that you need to conduct the audit. This includes financial statements, contracts, policies, and any other relevant documents.
Use Table view in ClickUp to organize all the documents you need for the audit.
3. Set up an audit team
If you don’t have an internal audit team, you’ll need to create one. Internal auditors should have a good understanding of the business and its processes, and should be able to identify areas of improvement and risk.
Create tasks in ClickUp to assign roles and responsibilities to your audit team.
4. Collect data
Once the team is in place, you’ll need to collect data and evidence to analyze and review. This includes interviews with employees, reviews of financial statements, and any other information that will help you assess the business.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to track and store data collected during the audit.
5. Analyze data and write the report
Once you’ve collected all the necessary data, it’s time to analyze it and write the report. This should include an overview of the audit, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to write and collaborate on the audit report.
6. Follow up
Once the report is written, it’s important to follow up on the recommendations and take necessary action to make improvements.
Set a recurring task in ClickUp to track and follow up on action items from the audit report.
Get Started with ClickUp's Internal Audit Form Template
Audit teams can use this Internal Audit Form Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to tracking compliance and ensuring accuracy.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to streamline internal audits:
- Use the Needs Attention View to quickly locate tasks that require immediate attention
- The Summary View will give you an overview of all tasks and their statuses
- The Internal Audit Form View will provide a form for you to document details regarding each task
- The Getting Started Guide View will help you understand the template and how to use it
- Organize tasks into four different statuses: Complete, Corrective Actions, In Review, To Do, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity