A successful company is as strong as its team. And that means having everyone in the same place, organized, and up-to-date. ClickUp’s Employee Directory Template helps you do just that.
This employee directory template gives your team:
- A central hub for all employee information
- The ability to quickly search for coworkers and contact info
- An easy way to keep employee records organized and accurate
ClickUp's Employee Directory Template helps you get the most out of your team and make sure everyone can work together more efficiently—all in one place!
Benefits of an Employee Directory Template
Employee directories are useful tools for any business, big or small. When you use an employee directory template to manage your employee information, you benefit in many ways. These include:
- Easily storing and accessing employee information in one centralized location
- Improving communication with colleagues by providing quick and easy access to contact details
- Facilitating employee onboarding by providing new hires with essential information
- Enhancing security by making it easy to track employee access to sensitive data
Main Elements of an Employee Directory Template
ClickUp's Employee Directory Template is designed to help you keep track of your employees and their progress. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Contractor, On Leave, Sick, Terminated, Travel, and more, to keep track of current active employees in the company's HR
- Custom Fields: Use 21 different custom attributes such as Bonus, Working Shift, Employee Status, Birthday, and Location, to save vital information about employees and easily visualize employee data
- Custom Views: Open 7 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as Employee Overview, Currently Working, Working Status, Departments, Contractors Assignment Calendar, so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve employee tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use an Employee Directory Template
Creating an employee directory can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these steps, you can easily create an employee directory in ClickUp that will keep your team organized and up to date.
1. Gather the necessary information
Start by gathering all the necessary information about each employee. This should include their name, job title, contact information, and other relevant details like their department and start date.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to record all the necessary info for each team member.
2. Design the directory
Using a spreadsheet program or other suitable software, design the employee directory. Start by entering the names of each employee, along with any relevant details like their role and current contact information.
Use the Table view in ClickUp to create your own customized spreadsheet and employee directory.
3. Enter data
Add the gathered information for each employee into the directory. This should include all the relevant details, such as name, job title, contact information, and any other pertinent information.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to collect data such as job title, department, start date, etc.
4. Review and update
Regularly review the employee directory to ensure that all information is up-to-date and accurate. When changes occur, make sure to update the document accordingly.
Set a recurring task in ClickUp to regularly review and update your employee directory.
5. Share the directory
Once the directory is complete, share it with the team. Make sure everyone has access to it and knows how to use it.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to share the employee directory and explain how to use it.
6. Create automated reminders
Finally, use Automations in ClickUp to create automated reminders for tasks such as updating the employee directory or sending out notifications about new hires. This will help keep your team on top of their tasks and make sure that everyone is aware of any changes.
Set up Automations in ClickUp to automate tasks for updating the employee directory or sending out notifications about new hires.
Get Started with ClickUp's Employee Directory Template
Human resources professionals can use this Employee Directory Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to managing employee information and keeping contact details up to date.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to manage your employee directory:
- Use the Employee Overview View to keep track of employee information and stay up-to-date on progress
- The Currently Working View will help you quickly see who is currently working and who is not
- The Working Status View will give you an overview of who is on leave, sick, traveling, or terminated
- The Departments View will help you organize employees by department to make sure everyone is informed
- The Contractors Assignment Calendar will keep track of contractor assignments and make sure they get the right tasks
- Organize employees into seven different statuses: Contractor, On Leave, Sick, Terminated, Travel, etc., to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as employees move from one status to another to keep everyone informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity