Design boards are a great way to organize, visualize, and share design ideas. They provide a single source of truth that makes it easy for everyone on the team to understand what’s going on and make sure things stay on track.
ClickUp's Design Board Template is perfect for any creative project. It helps you:
- Organize all elements of the design process in one place
- Visualize ideas with images, videos, and other content
- Create collaborative workspaces so everyone can contribute
Whether you’re working alone or with a team, ClickUp’s Design Board Template will help keep your workflow organized and efficient!
Benefits of a Design Board Template
A design board template is a great way to get your creative juices flowing and bring your design ideas to life. Benefits include:
- Helps you visualize complex ideas and concepts quickly and easily
- Enables you to share your thoughts and plans with others in a visually appealing way
- Gives you the flexibility to make changes to your design quickly and easily
- Saves time by streamlining the design process
Main Elements of a Design Board Template
ClickUp's Design Board Template is designed to help you manage and track the progress of creative projects. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark tasks status such as Blocked, Complete, In Progress, In Review, and To Do to keep track of current projects in the company's workflow
- Custom Fields: Use 7 different custom attributes such as Revision Notes, Design Link, Strategy Document, Approval, Design Stages, and more to save vital information about the projects and easily visualize project data
- Custom Views: Open 7 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Project Summary View, By Priority View, Revisions View, Start Here View, Design Timeline View, and more so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve project tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Design Board Template
Creating a design board is an effective way to organize and visualize your ideas. Here are four steps you can take to create yours:
1. Brainstorm ideas
Before you start creating your design board, it’s helpful to brainstorm and collect ideas. This will help you create a more cohesive design board with a clear purpose and direction.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas and gather feedback from your team.
2. Collect visual elements
Once you have your ideas, you’ll need to collect visual elements to create the board. This includes photos, illustrations, color schemes, and other elements that will help bring your design to life.
Create tasks in ClickUp to assign each team member a specific visual element to collect.
3. Organize the visuals
Once you have all the visuals, it’s time to start organizing them into a cohesive design. This is where you’ll arrange your photos, illustrations, and other elements into a visually appealing design.
Use the Board view in ClickUp to arrange all the visuals for your design board.
4. Finalize and review
Once your design board is complete, it’s time to review it and make any final adjustments. Ask for feedback from your team and make sure everything looks the way you want it.
Create a Milestone in ClickUp to review and finalize your design board.
Get Started with ClickUp's Design Board Template
Creative designers can use this Design Board Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to visualizing ideas and organizing design elements.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create amazing designs:
- Use the Project Summary View to get an overview of the project and track progress
- The By Priority View will help you prioritize tasks and prioritize resources
- The Revisions View will give you a space to keep track of changes and revisions
- The Start Here View will help you get organized and create a plan for the project
- The Design Timeline View will help you plan out deadlines and ensure you stay on track
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Blocked, Complete, In Progress, In Review, To Do, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity