Tracking and managing employee training can be a daunting task. That's why ClickUp's Training Matrix Template is here to help! This template makes it easy to create and manage an effective training program that ensures your team has the required skills when they need them.
The Training Matrix Template helps you:
- Organize and evaluate employee training programs
- Track the progress of individuals in each training program
- Identify areas of improvement for future learning initiatives
Whether you're looking to break down complex processes or develop new skills, this template will help you do it all quickly and efficiently—all from one place!
Benefits of a Training Matrix Template
A training matrix template can help you keep track of your training program. With this tool, you can:
- Easily identify employees and their training needs
- Monitor the progress of your training program
- Ensure that all employees are up-to-date on their training requirements
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your training program
Main Elements of a Training Matrix Template
ClickUp's Training Matrix Template is designed to help you track employee skills and training progress. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Complete, Not With Company, Review Ongoing, To Review, to keep track of skills development
- Custom Fields: Use 8 different custom attributes such as Stakeholder Management, Problem Solving, Rank, Strategic Planning, Communication, to save information about skills and easily visualize employee data
- Custom Views: Open 5 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Master List, Review Process, Skills per Department, Getting Started Guide, and Training Needs Evaluation Form so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve employee skills tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Training Matrix Template
Creating a training matrix can help you keep track of the knowledge and skills of your team. Here are 6 steps to help you get started:
1. Define the skills and competencies
The first step is to define the skills and competencies that each team member should have. This will help you determine the training needed to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to create a list of the skills and competencies you want to include in your training matrix.
2. Assess current levels of knowledge
The next step is to assess the current levels of knowledge and skill for each team member. This will help you determine who needs more training and who is ready for more advanced skills.
Use Table view in ClickUp to create a table that includes each team member's name, skill level, and any additional notes.
3. Create the training matrix
Once you have identified the skills and assessed the current levels of knowledge, it's time to create the actual training matrix. This should include columns for each skill, as well as the team member's name and current level of knowledge.
Create a table in ClickUp and add columns for each skill, as well as the team member's name and current level of knowledge.
4. Assign training tasks
Now that you have a training matrix, you can use it to assign tasks to each team member. This way, everyone will know what they need to work on in order to be ready to move on to the next level.
Create tasks in ClickUp to assign training tasks to individual team members.
5. Track progress
It's important to track the progress of each team member to make sure they are staying on track. Set milestones in ClickUp to help you keep track of how each team member is progressing towards their goals.
6. Evaluate results
Once everyone has completed the training and the matrix has been filled in, it's time to evaluate the results. This will help you determine which team members are ready to move on to more advanced skills and which ones need more training.
Use Dashboards in ClickUp to evaluate the results of the training and measure progress.
Get Started with ClickUp's Training Matrix Template
HR professionals can use this Training Matrix Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to tracking employee training progress and assessing skill levels.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a comprehensive training program:
- Use the Master List View to keep track of all training materials and resources
- The Review Process View will help you track the progress of review of training materials
- The Skills per Department View will give you an overview of the skills each department needs to be successful
- The Getting Started Guide View will help new employees understand the training process and what to expect
- The Training Needs Evaluation Form View will help you assess the training needs of each employee
- Organize training tasks into four different statuses: Complete, Not With Company, Review Ongoing, To Review, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity