Strategic roadmaps are essential for any business, helping you plan out and visualize your company's future. The right strategic roadmap template helps you map out long-term objectives and goals so that you can:
- Set clear direction for your teams
- Maximize the impact of initiatives and investments
- Align teams around shared objectives
ClickUp's Strategic Roadmap Template provides all of the tools and visuals to help your team prioritize tasks, optimize collaboration, and achieve success. With this template, it's easy to track progress and get everyone on the same page —all in one place!
Benefits of a Strategic Roadmap Template
A strategic roadmap helps organizations understand where they are going and how they are going to get there. It is a powerful planning tool that can:
- Identify and prioritize the most important initiatives
- Help create alignment between departments and teams
- Provide a consistent set of criteria for assessing progress
- Allow for creative problem solving and course correction
Main Elements of a Strategic Roadmap Template
ClickUp's Strategic Roadmap Template is designed to help you plan your strategy and visualize the progress of your projects. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with 5 different statuses including Cancelled, Complete, In Progress, On Hold, and To Do to keep track of the progress of each project
- Custom Fields: Use 8 different custom attributes such as Duration Days, Impact, Progress, Ease of Implementation, and more, to save vital information about each project and easily visualize progress
- Custom Views: Open 6 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Progress, Gantt, Workload, Timeline, and Initiatives so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve strategic tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warnings, emails, and more
How to Use a Strategic Roadmap Template
Creating a strategic roadmap can help your team stay organized and on track towards your long-term goals. Follow these steps to create your own:
1. Establish your objectives
Before creating a strategic roadmap, it’s important to establish your objectives. Ask yourself, what are your goals and how will you measure success? Knowing the answers to these questions will help guide your roadmap and keep it focused.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to brainstorm and document your objectives.
2. Set milestones
Once you’ve established your objectives, you can begin to set milestones that will help you reach your goals. Milestones can be anything from launching a new product to completing a specific project.
Create Milestones in ClickUp to plan out key steps and measure progress.
3. Identify tasks
To reach your milestones, you’ll need to break down each goal into smaller tasks. These tasks should be specific and measurable, so you can track progress and keep your team on track.
Create tasks in ClickUp to map out the timeline and all the steps necessary to achieve each milestone.
4. Assign resources
Now that you have your tasks laid out, you’ll need to assign resources to each task. This includes assigning team members, budgeting, and allocating any other resources necessary to complete the task.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to track resources and budget for each task.
5. Set deadlines
To keep your team on track, it’s important to set deadlines for each task. This will help you and your team stay organized and ensure that tasks are completed on time.
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to set deadlines for each task.
6. Monitor progress
Finally, monitor your progress regularly and adjust tasks as needed. It’s important to keep an eye on your goals and make sure your team is on track to meeting deadlines.
Set up Automations in ClickUp to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
Get Started with ClickUp's Strategic Roadmap Template
Strategic planners can use this Strategic Roadmap Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to outlining goals and tracking progress.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a successful roadmap:
- Use the Progress View to track overall progress and identify areas of improvement
- The Gantt View will help you visualize dependencies between tasks and plan out the roadmap accordingly
- The Workload View will give you an overview of workloads so you can assign tasks to the right people
- The Timeline View will help you track progress and ensure that deadlines are met
- The Initiatives View will give you a full overview of all initiatives and their statuses
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Cancelled, Complete, In Progress, On Hold, To Do, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity