Creating and distributing content is one of the most effective ways to reach your audience and grow your business. The perfect content plan template will help you organize, prioritize, and track content creation and promotion in one place—so that it all runs smoothly.
ClickUp's Content Plan Template helps make sure you never miss an opportunity or deadline by:
- Mapping out content goals and objectives
- Organizing tasks for each piece of content
- Tracking progress to ensure timely completion
Whether you’re creating blog posts, whitepapers, videos, or social media campaigns, this template has got it all. Get organized today with ClickUp's Content Plan Template!
Benefits of a Content Plan Template
A content plan template is a great tool for managing your content creation and distribution. It can help you:
- Identify topics and sources of information to create content that resonates with your target audience
- Stay organized and on top of deadlines
- Gather data and insights to inform future content decisions
- Ensure your content efforts are aligned with your overall marketing objectives
Main Elements of a Content Plan Template
ClickUp's Content Plan Template is designed to help you manage content creation and publishing. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Approved, Backlog, In Progress, In Review, and Published to keep track of the progress of each content piece
- Custom Fields: Use 9 different custom attributes such as Writer, Assets Needed, Keywords, Purpose, and Content Type, to save vital information about content pieces and easily visualize content data
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Approval Board, Content Calendar, Content Plan, and Getting Started Guide, so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve content management with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Content Plan Template
Creating an effective content plan can make a huge difference in your success as a content creator. Follow these steps to create and implement an effective content plan using ClickUp:
1. Establish goals
Start by establishing what your goals are for the content you’re creating. Do you want to increase engagement, generate leads, or create brand awareness? Knowing your goals will help you decide what type of content you should be creating and how often.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas and create a list of goals.
2. Decide on topics and themes
Once you’ve established your goals, it’s time to decide on topics and themes. What topics will be the most interesting to your audience? What type of content will be the most engaging.
Create a Board view in ClickUp to organize and visualize the topics and themes for your content.
3. Create a timeline
Now that you’ve decided on the topics and themes, it’s time to create a timeline for when the content will be published. Decide on a regular schedule for when you will post new content and create a plan for when you will create, review, and publish it.
Use the Gantt Chart view in ClickUp to create a timeline for your content plan.
4. Assign tasks
Now that you have a timeline, it’s time to assign tasks. Assign tasks to yourself or to members of your team who will be responsible for creating the content. Make sure each task includes a clear description, a due date, and any relevant resources.
Create tasks in ClickUp and assign them to the relevant team members.
5. Track progress
Once the tasks have been assigned, it’s time to start tracking progress. Keep an eye on the tasks and check in regularly to ensure that everything is on track.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to track progress on each task and keep an eye on deadlines.
Get Started with ClickUp's Content Plan Template
Content creators and marketers can use this Content Plan Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to planning and organizing content.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a content plan:
- Use the Approval Board View to organize content ideas and get approval from stakeholders
- The Content Calendar View will help you plan out when to publish each piece of content
- The Content Plan View will give you an overview of all content that needs to be created
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide helpful resources and tips to get started
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Approved, Backlog, In Progress, In Review, Published to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep team members informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity