Staying ahead of the competition is key in any industry. With ClickUp's Competitor Tracking Template, you can track your competitors' activities and performance with ease.
The template allows you to:
- Keep tabs on competitors’ products, features, and pricing
- Monitor competitor marketing efforts and understand how they are positioning themselves
- Organize and store all competitor information in one place for easy access
With this template, you can stay ahead of the curve and make sure your team is always one step ahead. Get organized, stay informed, and outpace the competition with ClickUp's Competitor Tracking Template!
Benefits of a Competitor Tracking Template
Tracking your competitors is a key part of any successful business strategy. A competitor tracking template can help you:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of your competitors' activities and strategies
- Stay ahead of the competition by anticipating their next moves
- Identify new opportunities and potential threats in the marketplace
- Make more informed decisions about your own strategy and marketing plans
Main Elements of a Competitor Tracking Template
ClickUp's Competitor Tracking Template is designed to help you keep track of your competition. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of each product
- Custom Fields: Use 9 different custom attributes such as Unit Price, Product Rating, Features, Product Type, Release Year, and more, to save vital information about products and easily visualize product data
- Custom Views: Open 8 different views in different ClickUp configurations for different product categories, such as Smartwatch, Laptop, Smartphone, All Products, 2022 Products, and more, so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve product tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Competitor Tracking Template
Competitor tracking is an important part of any business strategy. By staying on top of what your competitors are doing, you can make sure that you're always one step ahead. Here's a step-by-step guide to tracking your competitors using the Competitor Tracking Template in ClickUp:
1. Identify your competitors
The first step in tracking your competitors is to identify who they are. Make a list of all the companies that you consider to be your direct competitors.
Use a Table view in ClickUp to make a list of your competitors.
2. Gather relevant information
Once you've identified your competitors, it's time to gather as much information as you can about them. This includes things like pricing, product offerings, promotions, and customer feedback.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to track relevant information about each competitor.
3. Analyze the data
Analyzing the data you've gathered is key to understanding your competitors' strategies and helping you develop your own. Look for patterns in the data and try to identify areas of opportunity or potential weaknesses.
Create tasks in ClickUp to analyze and review the data you've gathered about each competitor.
4. Monitor changes
Competitor tracking isn't a one-time thing; you should be monitoring your competitors on an ongoing basis to stay up-to-date. Set up automated alerts for key changes, such as new product releases or changes in pricing.
Set up automated alerts in ClickUp to be notified of key changes in your competitors' strategies.
Get Started with ClickUp's Competitor Tracking Template
Marketing teams can use this Competitor Tracking Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to monitoring competitor activity and staying up to date on the competition.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to track competitors:
- Use the Smartwatch View to track competitors' smartwatch products
- The Laptop View will help you keep an eye on competitors' laptop products
- The Smartphone View will allow you to monitor competitors' smartphone products
- The All Products View will give you an overview of all of your competitors' products
- The 2022 Products View will help you plan ahead and track products expected to be released in 2022
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open and Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you research competitors to keep team members informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze competitors to ensure maximum productivity