Team agreements are essential for any successful project. They provide structure, clarity, and accountability to ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards shared objectives.
ClickUp's Working Agreement Template makes it easy to get started with setting expectations for your team. This template helps you:
- Define the mission and purpose of your team
- Set clear roles, responsibilities, and expectations
- Create a trusting environment built on respect and cooperation
With ClickUp's Working Agreement Template, you'll have everything you need to quickly set up a framework of trust and collaboration that will help your team reach their goals faster!
Benefits of a Working Agreement Template
Creating a working agreement template helps you and your team stay on the same page and make sure everyone is working as efficiently as possible. Other benefits of using a working agreement template include:
- A better understanding of expectations for all involved
- Greater clarity on roles and responsibilities
- A more organized and harmonious work environment
- More efficient use of resources
Main Elements of a Working Agreement Template
ClickUp's Working Agreement Template is designed to help you document and track the progress of an agreement. This Whiteboard template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of each step in the agreement
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your tasks and easily visualize the components of the agreement
- Custom Views: Open 2 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Getting Started Guide and Whiteboard so that you can hit the ground running
- Project Management: Improve agreement tracking with tagging, nested subtasks, multiple assignees, and priority labels
How to Use a Working Agreement Template
Creating a working agreement is a great way to ensure that everyone is on the same page and that everyone understands their role in the project. Following the steps outlined below, you can create a working agreement that will help you and your team stay organized and productive.
1. Establish roles
The first step in creating a working agreement is to decide who will be responsible for what tasks. This will help ensure that everyone is clear on their responsibilities and that no tasks are left undone.
Use a Board View in ClickUp to assign roles and tasks to team members.
2. Define expectations
The next step is to set expectations for how the team should work together. This could include anything from the frequency of communication to how decisions should be made.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to list out expectations for your team.
3. Set deadlines
It's important to set deadlines for each task so that everyone knows when they need to have it completed by. This will help keep the project on track and ensure that everyone is working together efficiently.
Create tasks in ClickUp with due dates to keep track of project deadlines.
4. Track progress
As the project progresses, it's important to keep track of everyone's progress. This will help you identify any areas that need improvement and make sure everyone is on the same page.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to track progress on each task and assign progress percentages.
Once the project is completed, it's important to evaluate it. This will help you identify any areas that can be improved for next time and will give you insight into what worked and what didn't.
Create a Milestone in ClickUp to evaluate the project once it has been completed.
Get Started with ClickUp's Working Agreement Template
Teams can use this Working Agreement Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to defining roles and responsibilities and setting expectations.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a working agreement:
- Use the Getting Started Guide View to learn how to create a working agreement and determine the right approach
- The Whiteboard View will give you a space to brainstorm and store all of your ideas related to the working agreement
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open, Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you create the working agreement to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Hold regular meetings to discuss progress and any issues
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity