The holidays are here and that means it's time to break out the virtual White Elephant! This classic game is a great way to bring your friends and family together (virtually) for some holiday fun.
ClickUp's Virtual White Elephant Template makes it easy to get started in no time. Our template helps you:
- Create themed rules for your game
- Invite players, track their progress, and assign roles all in one place
- Keep track of gifts exchanged so everyone can have a good laugh
Don't wait any longer—click up this Virtual White Elephant Template and get ready for the most unique holiday gathering yet!
Benefits of a Virtual White Elephant Template
A virtual white elephant exchange can be a great way to inject some fun into an online holiday party. The benefits of using a virtual white elephant template include:
- Providing a fun and entertaining way to engage with coworkers
- Allowing participants to join the exchange from any location
- Creating an equal playing field, since everyone has access to the same gifts
- Ensuring that the exchange is organized and efficient
Main Elements of a Virtual White Elephant Template
ClickUp's Virtual White Elephant Template is designed to help you organize, manage, and track a virtual white elephant exchange. This Whiteboard template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of the white elephant exchange
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your tasks and easily visualize the white elephant exchange
- Custom Views: Open 2 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the White Elephant and Getting Started Guide so that you can hit the ground running
- Project Management: Improve virtual white elephant tracking with task dependencies, comment reactions, and automated reminders
How to Use a Virtual White Elephant Template
Organizing a virtual white elephant gift exchange can be a great way to keep the holiday spirit alive despite being apart. Follow these easy steps to make sure your virtual white elephant game goes off without a hitch:
1. Set the rules
Before the gift exchange begins, make sure everyone is on the same page by setting the rules. This includes the number of gifts each person can bring, how the gifts will be exchanged, and any other special rules you might have.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to list out all the rules and invite your participants to review and provide feedback.
2. Invite participants
Once the rules are set, it’s time to start inviting people to join the game. Send out the invitation with all the necessary details, such as the date, time, and other rules.
Use Email in ClickUp to craft and send a professional invitation to all your participants.
3. Prepare the gifts
Now, it’s time to start preparing the gifts. Ask each participant to come up with something unique to bring to the virtual white elephant game. It could be anything from a small trinket to a funny gag gift.
Create tasks in ClickUp to remind everyone to prepare their gifts in time for the exchange.
4. Set up the platform
Choose a video conferencing platform that everyone can easily access. You’ll want to make sure the platform has features like video, audio, and chat capabilities.
Use Calendar view in ClickUp to schedule the event and make sure everyone is available to join.
5. Start the game
Once everyone has joined, it’s time to start the game. Have each person take turns opening and showing off their gift. Then, the person who opened the gift can decide if they want to keep it or trade it for another gift.
Create Milestones in ClickUp to keep track of who's turn it is and mark when a gift has been swapped.
6. Wrap up the game
Once each person has had a chance to open and trade gifts, it’s time to wrap up the game. Have everyone thank each other for participating and congratulate the lucky winners.
Use Automations in ClickUp to send thank you emails to all the participants when the game is over.
Get Started with ClickUp's Virtual White Elephant Template
Party organizers can use this Virtual White Elephant Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to hosting a virtual gift exchange.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to host a virtual white elephant:
- Use the Getting Started Guide View to help you set up the virtual white elephant game including setting the rules, assigning participants, and creating a gift list
- The White Elephant View will help you keep track of all the gifts and who will be receiving them
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open and Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as gifts are assigned to keep team members informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity