Organizing and managing a team of employees can be tricky business. A key part of success lies in making sure each job is assigned to the right employees, as well as defining job roles and hierarchies. That's why ClickUp's Job Family Matrix Template is a must-have tool for any HR team!
This template helps you:
- Define job categories and roles according to their skills, experience, and responsibilities
- Determine the relevancy of a job role to other jobs in the organization
- Visualize the hierarchy of teams within an organization for better understanding
Whether you're just starting out or already have an established HR team, our Job Family Matrix Template will help you get everything done quickly—and efficiently!
Benefits of a Job Family Matrix Template
A job family matrix template can make it easier to manage and allocate resources within an organization. Benefits of using a job family matrix template include:
- It provides a clear view of the skills and competencies required for each job family
- It helps to ensure fair and consistent compensation for all employees within a job family
- It allows for better resource allocation, since it outlines the roles and responsibilities of each job family
- It can be used to identify skills gaps and develop training plans to fill them
Main Elements of a Job Family Matrix Template
ClickUp's Job Family Matrix Template is designed to help you organize and track job roles and responsibilities. This Doc template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create ClickUp tasks with various custom statuses to keep track of the different stages of your job role matrix
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your job roles and responsibilities and easily visualize the job family matrix
- Custom Views: Start with this Doc template and build out your ClickUp workflow which includes List, Gantt, Workload, Calendar, and more
- Project Management: Improve job role tracking with comment reactions, nested subtasks, multiple assignees, and priorities
How to Use a Job Family Matrix Template
Creating a job family matrix is a great way to ensure your organization is organized and efficient. Here are the steps you need to take to get started:
1. Determine the job families
The job families are the categories you will use to group jobs and positions into. These can be broad categories like “Marketing” or “Finance” or more specific categories like “Copywriting” or “Accounting.”
Create a Doc in ClickUp to list out all the job families you want to include in your matrix.
2. Identify the jobs and positions
Once you have established the job families, you will need to identify the jobs and positions that will be included in each family. Make sure to note any differences between job titles and the actual positions and tasks associated with them..
Use the Table view in ClickUp to enter all the job titles and the corresponding positions and tasks associated with each one.
3. Define the job family roles
For each job family, you will need to define the roles and responsibilities associated with that family. This will help ensure that everyone understands what their job entails and what is expected of them.
Create tasks in ClickUp to list out the roles and responsibilities for each job family.
4. Assign job family members
Now it’s time to assign individuals to each job family. This step requires that you evaluate each individual’s skills and experience to determine which job family they are best suited for.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to assign individuals to each job family and track their progress.
Get Started with ClickUp's Job Family Matrix Template
Human resources professionals can use this Job Family Matrix Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to defining roles and responsibilities.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a job family matrix:
- Create a project for each job family
- Assign tasks to team members and designate a timeline
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define job roles and responsibilities
- Organize tasks into categories to keep track of progress
- Set up notifications to stay up-to-date on progress
- Hold regular meetings to discuss progress and any issues
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity