Managing leave, vacations, and holidays for your team can be a complex task, but it doesn't have to be. ClickUp's PTO Calendar Template makes leave tracking easy!
This robust template helps you:
- Visualize the exact days and hours taken off
- Easily view and keep track of employee vacations
- Organize holiday schedules in one place for all teams
Whether for one employee or an entire company, ClickUp's PTO Calendar Template will make managing your team's time off quick and painless.
Benefits of a PTO Calendar Template
Having an updated PTO calendar template helps organizations and employees alike. Benefits include:
- Streamlined tracking of employee vacation and sick days
- Increased visibility into the availability of staff
- Reduced risk of scheduling conflicts
- Easier to identify gaps in coverage and plan for staffing needs
Main Elements of a PTO Calendar Template
ClickUp's PTO Calendar Template is designed to help you organize and track your team's time off requests. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Use 5 different custom statuses such as Approved, Complete, Denied, In Review, and New Request to easily visualize the status of each time-off request
- Custom Fields: Use 4 different custom fields such as Approver, PTO Days, PTO Reason, and PTO Type to save vital information about each request
- Custom Views: Open 5 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the PTO Database, PTO Approvals, PTO Calendar, PTO Request Form, and Getting Started Guide so that you can easily manage and track your team's time-off requests
- Project Management: Improve time-off request tracking with time tracking capabilities, dependency warnings, emails, and more
How to Use a PTO Calendar Template
Creating a paid time off (PTO) calendar is an important step for managing employee vacation days. Here are four steps to get started:
1. Establish a policy
Before creating a PTO calendar, you need to first establish a paid time off policy for your organization. This policy should include the number of vacation days each employee is entitled to, the process for requesting time off, and how vacation time is handled when an employee leaves the company..
Create a Doc in ClickUp to help outline and store your PTO policy.
2. Create a calendar
Using a spreadsheet or calendar program, create a calendar that lists each employee's name, the number of vacation days they have available and when they have taken time off..
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to organize your PTO calendar.
3. Track vacation days
Once the calendar is created, it's important to keep track of when employees take vacation days. This can be done manually or in an HR software, which allows you to track vacation days in real-time.
Set up recurring tasks in ClickUp to remind yourself to check the calendar and track vacation days.
4. Share the calendar
Once the PTO calendar is created, make sure to share it with your employees. This will help ensure that everyone is aware of when they have vacation days available and when they have taken time off.
Use Email in ClickUp to share the calendar with your team and ensure everyone is on the same page.
Get Started with ClickUp's PTO Calendar Template
Employees and Human Resources personnel can use this PTO Calendar Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to tracking vacation and leave time.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to manage your PTO calendar:
- Use the PTO Database View to save and store PTO requests
- The PTO Approvals View will help you quickly approve or deny requests
- The PTO Calendar View will give you a visual representation of all PTO requests
- The PTO Request Form View will allow employees to submit new PTO requests
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide tips and best practices for using the template
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Approved, Complete, Denied, In Review, New Request, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity