Design ideation is essential for any company that wants to stay competitive. Having the right process in place to capture ideas from your team and turn them into impactful solutions is key.
ClickUp's Design Ideation template helps you do just that! With this template, you can create a centralized hub for:
- Brainstorming design ideas
- Organizing and prioritizing ideas
- Tracking progress and milestones
Plus, it's super easy to get started—just add your team members, assign tasks, and start collaborating! With ClickUp's Design Ideation Template, you'll be able to take your design process from concept to completion in no time.
Benefits of a Design Ideation Template
Design ideation is a great way to generate creative solutions to any design challenge. Having a clear template can help you quickly capture ideas and explore different approaches. With a design ideation template, you can:
- Easily capture and organize ideas in a structured way
- Encourage collaboration between different teams and stakeholders
- Quickly identify potential solutions and evaluate them
- Facilitate more efficient and productive ideation sessions
Main Elements of a Design Ideation Template
ClickUp's Design Ideation Template is designed to help you capture ideas and manage design changes in one place. This Whiteboard template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of each design idea
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your design ideas and better visualize the design process
- Custom Views: Open 2 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Getting Started Guide and Design Ideation Diagram so that you can quickly start ideating
- Project Management: Improve design ideation tracking with collaboration tools, task dependencies, automations, AI, and more
How to Use a Design Ideation Template
Design ideation is an essential part of the creative process, and it can help you generate ideas, think outside of the box, and come up with innovative solutions. Here’s how to use the Design Ideation Template in ClickUp to get the most out of your brainstorming sessions:
1. Set a goal
Before you begin brainstorming, it’s important to have a clear goal in mind. Ask yourself what you’re trying to achieve and create a Doc in ClickUp to capture your goal.
2. Brainstorm ideas
Once you have your goal, start brainstorming ideas. Think outside of the box and come up with as many ideas as possible.
Use a Whiteboard in ClickUp to capture your ideas in a visual format and collect feedback from your team.
Once you have a list of ideas, it’s time to prioritize them. Use a Gantt chart in ClickUp to estimate timeframes and assign tasks to your team.
4. Organize & Refine
Organize your ideas into categories and refine them until you’ve narrowed down your list of ideas to the ones that are the most feasible and likely to be successful.
Use the Board view in ClickUp to organize and refine your ideas into categories.
5. Take action
Now that you have a list of ideas, it’s time to take action. Assign tasks to team members, set deadlines, and use Automations in ClickUp to ensure that your team is on track to complete each task.
Get Started with ClickUp's Design Ideation Template
Creative professionals can use this Design Ideation Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to generating ideas and collaborating on design projects.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create great designs:
- Use the Getting Started Guide View to learn the basics of design ideation and get a head start on your project
- The Design Ideation Diagram View will help you visually chart out the different aspects of your design
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open and Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm ideas and create content
- Set up notifications to stay up-to-date on progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity