Getting the job done right requires clear communication and organization. That's why having an easy-to-use work request template is key to streamlining your processes.
ClickUp's Work Request Template helps you:
- Eliminate back-and-forth emails for requests
- Manage resources efficiently and accurately
- Track progress on all projects quickly and easily
Whether it's a large project or a small task, this work request template helps you get it done—on time, on budget, and with no fuss!
Benefits of a Work Request Template
A work request template is an essential tool for any organization that needs to manage requests quickly and effectively. Adopting a template can:
- Improve communication between departments and stakeholders
- Streamline workflows and make it easier to assign tasks and track progress
- Help ensure all requests are properly documented and accounted for
- Allow teams to easily prioritize tasks and set deadlines
Main Elements of a Work Request Template
ClickUp's Work Request Template is designed to help you track and manage incoming work requests. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Accepted, Completed, Denied, In Review and New Request to keep track of the progress of each request
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your work requests and easily visualize request data
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Getting Started Guide, Request Summary, Work Request Form and Stages so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve work request tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warnings, emails, and more
How to Use a Work Request Template
A work request template is a great way to ensure that everyone on your team is on the same page when it comes to getting tasks done. Follow the steps outlined below to ensure that you’re setting up your work request template correctly:
1. Gather the details of the project
The first step is to gather all the necessary information about the project. This includes the scope of work, timeline, budget, and any other relevant details.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to collect all the details of the project in one place.
2. Create the template
Once you have all the information gathered, it's time to create the work request template. Start by laying out the basic information like the project name, description, and timeline.
Create a Board view in ClickUp to create a visual representation of the project.
3. Include the necessary fields
Next, you will need to include the necessary fields in the template. These should include the task name, description, priority, assigned team member, and due date.
Use custom fields in ClickUp to add additional parameters and information to the task.
4. Establish a review process
Once the template is complete, it's important to establish a review process. This should include a review by the project manager or team lead, and any other stakeholders who need to sign off on the work request.
Use Milestones in ClickUp to keep track of the progress of each task and ensure that all reviews are completed on time.
5. Set up automated notifications
Set up automated notifications to ensure that everyone is aware of any changes or updates to the work request. This will help ensure that everyone is on the same page and that everyone is notified when a task needs to be completed.
Use Automations in ClickUp to ensure that everyone is notified when tasks are due or updated.
6. Put it into action
Once the template is complete and the review process is established, it's time to put it into action. Assign tasks to the appropriate team members and ensure that all deadlines are met.
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to keep track of all deadlines and ensure that tasks are completed on time.
Get Started with ClickUp's Work Request Template
Team members can use this Work Request Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to submitting and tracking requests for work.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to manage work requests:
- Use the Getting Started Guide View to give an overview of the workflow and provide guidance
- The Request Summary View will help you stay organized by summarizing all of the requests
- Use the Work Request Form View to create and submit requests in an organized way
- The Stages View will help you keep track of progress and ensure that requests are moving forward
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Accepted, Completed, Denied, In Review, New Request, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as requests are accepted, denied, completed, or reviewed to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity