Request for ResourcesGet Free Solution
Managing resources in a fast-paced environment can be a challenge. That's why it's important to have a template that helps you quickly and accurately request additional resources when needed.
ClickUp's Request for Resources Template is designed to help you do just that! With this template, you'll be able to:
- Easily submit for resources (people, materials, and/or equipment)
- Track requests in real time from submission to approval
- Visualize the progress of each request on an interactive timeline
Whether you're running a startup or managing an established business, ClickUp's Request for Resources Template will help streamline your resource management processes—and get the job done right!
Benefits of a Request for Resources Template
When you create a request for resources template, you can streamline the process of obtaining needed materials. Benefits of using a request template include:
- Save time by having all the necessary information in one place
- Enable easier tracking and monitoring of resource requests
- Reduce paperwork and bureaucracy associated with the request process
- Provide an efficient way for managers to approve or deny requests
Main Elements of a Request for Resources Template
ClickUp's Request for Resources Template is designed to help you track and manage resource requests with ease. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Approved, Complete, In Progress, Needs Review, and Needs Revision to ensure that resources are properly requested and approved
- Custom Fields: Use 13 different custom attributes such as Project Team, Project ID, Project Scope, Budget Proposal Link, Training Reqs, and more, to save vital information about requests and easily visualize resource data
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Resource Requests List View, the Request for Resources Form, the Getting Started Guide, and the Review Board so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve resource request tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Request for Resources Template
1. Identify project requirements
Start by listing out all of the resources needed to complete the project. This should include materials, personnel, and any other resources necessary to complete the project.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to make a list of all the resources you need to complete your project.
2. Calculate total estimated cost
Once you’ve identified all the necessary resources, you’ll need to calculate the total estimated cost of the project. This includes the cost of materials, personnel, and any other expenses associated with the project.
Use custom fields in ClickUp to track and add up the estimated cost of each resource.
3. Draft a request
Once you’ve calculated the total estimated cost, you can begin drafting your Request for Resources. Include all relevant details such as the project name, the total estimated cost, and a list of all the resources needed to complete the project.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to draft your Request for Resources.
4. Get approval
Once the Request for Resources is complete, it's important to get it approved by the necessary parties. Make sure to include everyone who needs to sign off on the request, such as a manager, supervisor, or financial officer.
Send emails from ClickUp to the necessary parties to get their approval on the Request for Resources.
5. Allocate resources
Once you’ve received approval, it’s time to start allocating the resources needed for the project. This includes ordering materials, hiring personnel, and any other resources needed to complete the project.
Assign tasks in ClickUp to allocate resources for the project.
6. Monitor progress
Once the resources have been allocated, it’s important to monitor the progress of the project. Make sure to check in regularly to ensure everything is on track and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
Use a Gantt chart in ClickUp to monitor progress and ensure the project is completed on schedule.
Get Started with ClickUp's Request for Resources Template
Resource managers can use this Request for Resources Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to requesting and tracking resources.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to efficiently request resources:
- Use the Resource Requests View to organize and track your requests
- The Request for Resources Form View will help you create and submit requests with ease
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide helpful hints and tips to ensure successful requests
- The Review Board View will help stakeholders keep track of progress and provide feedback
- Organize tasks into six different statuses: Approved, Complete, In Progress, Needs Review, Needs Revision, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as requests progress to keep team members informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity