Reporting workplace incidents is a critical part of keeping staff safe and in compliance with regulations. The right template helps you gather information, document incidents, and alert the team quickly—all in one place.
ClickUp's Report Work Incident Template makes it easy to:
- Document details about an incident as soon as possible
- Engage all relevant stakeholders in one place for fast resolution
- Track incident history to identify patterns and prevent future occurrences
From the safety of your employees to the protection of your business, ClickUp's Report Work Incident Template ensures you have what you need to stay compliant and keep everyone safe.
Benefits of a Report Work Incident Template
Workplace incidents can be harmful to everyone involved. That's why it's important to have a clear and easy way to report any incidents that occur. Here are some of the benefits of using a report work incident template:
- Ensures all incidents are documented for future reference
- Provides a consistent format for reporting, making it easier to identify trends
- Encourages employees to report incidents, so they can be addressed quickly and properly
- Helps meet legal requirements for incident reporting
Main Elements of a Report Work Incident Template
ClickUp's Report Work Incident Template is designed to help you capture and track safety incidents in the workplace. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with 8 different custom statuses such as Closed, Action In Progress, Corrective Action Complete, and Filed to keep track of the progress of each incident
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add 13 different custom attributes such as Incident Description, Job Title, Date of Incident, Responding Officer, and Parties Involved to capture all the necessary information
- Custom Views: Open 7 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Incident Report Summary, Progress Board, Work Incident Report Form, New Reports, and Filing System, so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve incident tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Report Work Incident Template
If you’ve experienced a work-related incident, it’s important to report it promptly to ensure that the proper action is taken. Here are four simple steps to follow when preparing a report:
1. Create a document
Create a document in ClickUp with all the necessary information needed to file a report. This should include the date and time of the incident, a description of the incident, and the names of any other individuals involved.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to record all the details of the incident.
2. Provide evidence
Gather any evidence you may have pertaining to the incident, such as photos, videos, or eyewitness accounts. Make sure to include any relevant documents or reports that may have been prepared in response to the incident.
Create tasks in ClickUp to collect and organize evidence related to the incident.
3. Submit the report
Submit the completed report to the appropriate person or department. Depending on the type of incident and the severity of the case, this could be your supervisor, HR department, or a government agency.
Use Automations in ClickUp to make sure the report is sent to the right person or department.
4. Follow up
Once you’ve submitted the report, follow up with the person or department to ensure that the incident is being addressed. Depending on the situation, you may need to provide additional information or documents.
Create a recurring task in ClickUp to check in on the progress of the incident and make sure that it's being addressed.
Get Started with ClickUp's Report Work Incident Template
Employers/managers can use this Report Work Incident Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to documenting workplace incidents and tracking safety compliance.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to report, track, and investigate work incidents:
- Use the Incident Report Summary View to get an overview of all incident reports
- The Progress Board View will help you keep track of the progress of each incident report
- The Work Incident Report Form View will provide a form for submitting incident reports and collecting all the necessary information
- The New Reports View will show you all the new incident reports that have been submitted
- The Filing System View will help you organize and store all incident reports
- Organize tasks into eight different statuses: Closed, Action In Progress, Corrective Action Complete, Filed, Needs Input, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity