Remote onboarding has become a necessity for modern companies, and having the right tools to make sure that new hires have the best experience possible is essential. With ClickUp's Remote Onboarding Template, you can easily set up your remote onboarding process with all the right tools in one place.
The template includes everything you need to ensure a successful remote onboarding process:
- A task list to break down onboarding tasks into manageable pieces
- A project timeline to keep track of progress and stay on schedule
- Team collaboration tools to facilitate communication between team members
ClickUp's Remote Onboarding Template lets you streamline your remote onboarding process quickly and easily so that your new hires feel welcomed and supported no matter where they are.
Benefits of a Remote Onboarding Template
Remote onboarding can be a challenge, but the right onboarding template can help. Here are some of the advantages of using a remote onboarding template:
- Enables a smoother transition for new employees
- Helps to create and maintain consistent onboarding processes
- Reduces time spent on onboarding by standardizing the process
- Provides a resource for managers to reference as they onboard new employees
Main Elements of a Remote Onboarding Template
ClickUp's Remote Onboarding Template is designed to help you quickly and efficiently onboard remote employees. This Folder template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as In Progress, Complete, and Open to keep track of onboarding progress
- Custom Fields: Use 3 different custom attributes such as Category, Requester, and Type of Task to save vital information about employees and easily visualize the onboarding process
- Custom Views: Open 3 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Employee Handbook, List View, and Template Guide so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve onboarding tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Remote Onboarding Template
Onboarding a remote employee is a different process than onboarding an in-office employee. The following steps will help you ensure that your remote employee is properly onboarded and off to a great start:
1. Create a welcome packet
Create a welcome packet for your new remote employee that includes all the information they need to get started. This should include detailed instructions on how to access the necessary systems, setting up their computer, and any other relevant information.
Use Docs in ClickUp to create a comprehensive guide for your new hire.
2. Set up a virtual onboarding meeting
Schedule a virtual meeting with your new hire to discuss the onboarding process and get to know each other. During the meeting, you should discuss the company’s policies and procedures, and provide an overview of the employee’s job role and expectations.
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to schedule the meeting and add it to the onboarding checklist.
3. Set up a mentorship program
Create a mentorship program for your new remote employee to help them get acclimated to the team and the job. This can be done by assigning them a mentor or pairing them up with a more experienced employee.
Set up Milestones in ClickUp to provide guidance and support for the new hire throughout the onboarding process.
4. Stay in touch
Make sure to stay in touch with your new employee throughout the onboarding process and beyond. Send them an email or give them a call to check in and see how they’re doing. This will help them feel more connected to the team and provide them with the support they need to be successful.
Use Email in ClickUp to stay in contact with your new remote employee.
Get Started with ClickUp's Remote Onboarding Template
HR professionals can use this Remote Onboarding Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to coordinating new employee onboarding processes.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to onboard new remote employees:
- Use the Employee Handbook View to provide new employees with information about the company, policies, and procedures
- The List View will help you keep track of all remote employees and their onboarding status
- The Template Guide View will guide you through setting up and customizing templates for onboarding tasks
- Organize onboarding tasks into three different statuses: In Progress, Complete, Open, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity
- Hold regular meetings with new employees to discuss any issues or questions