Roadmaps are essential to any product or process. They help teams visualize the big picture, prioritize activities, and work collaboratively to stay on track. However, traditional roadmaps can be hard to manage—especially as your plans evolve over time.
With ClickUp's Kanban View Roadmap Template, you can easily manage and visualize your roadmap with a simple drag-and-drop interface. This template helps you:
- Create a visual representation of your roadmap in seconds
- Add and remove tasks quickly as plans change
- Eliminate tedious data entry and keep your roadmap up-to-date
Say goodbye to outdated spreadsheets and hello to ClickUp's Kanban View Roadmap Template—the perfect solution for modern teams!
Benefits of a Kanban View Roadmap Template
A Kanban view roadmap template can help your team stay on track and communicate product plans more effectively. Here are some of the benefits of using this type of template:
- Increased visibility into the product roadmap and progress
- Better communication between stakeholders
- Improved accountability by assigning tasks to specific team members
- Flexibility to adjust your timeline based on customer feedback and market conditions
Main Elements of a Kanban View Roadmap Template
ClickUp's Kanban View Roadmap Template is designed to help you stay on track with product development. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Backlog, In Progress, Testing, To Do, and Done to keep track of the progress of each task
- Custom Fields: Use 8 different custom attributes such as Product Area, Duration, Duration days, Team, Feature Description, to save vital information about tasks and easily visualize progress
- Custom Views: Open 7 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Timeline, Team Workload, Backlog, Priority Board, Roadmap List, and more so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve product development tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Kanban View Roadmap Template
Creating a Kanban View Roadmap can help you better visualize the progress and development of your projects. Here are the steps you should follow to get started:
1. Gather the necessary information
Before you can create a roadmap, you need to gather all the necessary information. This includes project details, timelines, and milestones.
Use Dashboards in ClickUp to see all the necessary info for each project at a glance.
2. Create board view columns
Start by creating board view columns for each stage of your project. This could include tasks such as planning, development, testing, and launch.
Create your own custom Board view in ClickUp and add columns for each stage of your project.
3. Add tasks to each column
Now, it's time to start adding tasks to each column. This includes any steps that need to be taken in order to reach the next stage. For example, if you’re in the planning stage, you might need to create a list of tasks or write up a project brief.
Use tasks in ClickUp to add all the necessary steps for each stage.
4. Set deadlines and assign tasks
Once all the tasks are added, you can set deadlines and assign tasks to team members. Using the Calendar view in ClickUp will help you easily keep track of important dates and deadlines.
5. Monitor progress
Finally, it's important to monitor the progress of your project. This can be done by regularly reviewing the roadmap, checking the status of tasks, and adjusting the timeline as needed.
Use the Table view in ClickUp to generate a custom report of your project's progress.
Get Started with ClickUp's Kanban View Roadmap Template
Product managers can use this Kanban View Roadmap Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to visualizing tasks, timelines, and progress.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a roadmap for success:
- Use the Timeline View to plan out when to start and end each task
- The Team Workload View will help you assign tasks to team members and make sure everyone is productive
- The Backlog View will give you an overview of all tasks that need to be completed
- The Priority Board View will help you prioritize tasks and decide which tasks should be done first
- The Roadmap List View will help you create a roadmap of all tasks that need to be completed
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Backlog, In Progress, Testing, To Do, Done, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity