Screen printing is a great way to add personality and creativity to clothing, accessories, and more. But it requires organization to ensure deadlines are met and quality is maintained.
ClickUp's Screen Printing Template makes it easy for teams of all sizes to organize their projects and processes across every stage of production. This template helps you:
- Visualize each phase of the screen printing process
- Track progress from design to delivery
- Organize orders, resources, tasks, and more in one place
Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience in the craft, ClickUp's Screen Printing Template helps you take your business to the next level!
Benefits of a Screen Printing Template
A screen printing template is a great way to simplify the production process of any custom project. Benefits of using a template include:
- Reducing setup time and associated costs
- Allowing for more accurate placement of artwork
- Creating a reusable template that can be used for multiple projects
- Eliminating the need for hand cutting of each individual design
Main Elements of a Screen Printing Template
ClickUp's Screen Printing Template is designed to help you track orders and manage production of custom screen printed apparel. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with various custom statuses such as Complete, In Progress, On Hold, To Do, and Waiting On Client
- Custom Fields: Use 4 different custom attributes such as SHIRT DESIGN, Pick Up Date, Total Cost, and Date Ordered to save vital information about orders and easily visualize customer data
- Custom Views: Open 5 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Shirt Design Pipeline, Calendar, Start Here, Printing, and Shirt Printing List so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve order tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Screen Printing Template
Screen printing is an effective way to make custom designs on garments and other materials. Here are some steps to help you get started:
1. Design your artwork
The first step in screen printing is to create your artwork. This could be a logo, a design or an image, and it should be clear and simple. You can use a variety of design software options to create your artwork, such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to collaborate with team members on your artwork and design.
2. Prepare your screens
Once you have created your artwork, you need to prepare the screens for screen printing. This involves coating the screen with a light-sensitive emulsion, exposing it to light and then washing out the design.
Use the Gantt Chart view in ClickUp to track the progress of each step in the screen printing process.
3. Print the design
Once the screens are ready, you can start printing the design. This involves placing the material in the screen printing press and then pushing ink through the screen to create the design.
Set a Goal in ClickUp to track how many items you need to print.
4. Clean the screens
After printing, it's important to clean the screens so that you can use them again for future projects. This is done by using a special cleaner to remove any leftover ink and emulsion from the screen.
Set up Recurring Tasks in ClickUp to ensure that you regularly clean and maintain your screens.
Get Started with ClickUp's Screen Printing Template
Screen printers can use this Screen Printing Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to designing and printing custom apparel.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create beautiful screen prints:
- Use the Shirt Design Pipeline View to organize and track all designs from start to complete
- The Calendar View will help you keep track of the timeline for each design
- The Start Here View will help you prioritize tasks and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- The Printing View will help you manage the actual printing process and ensure everything is done correctly
- The Shirt Printing List View will give you a space to store all of your shirt printing jobs
- Organize tasks into five different statuses: Complete, In Progress, On Hold, To Do, Waiting On Client, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity