The Request for Information (RFI) is one of the most important documents in any project. It helps you collect data on what your team needs to move forward, from pricing and materials to qualifications and more.
With the right RFI template, you get everything you need to:
- Gather detailed information from vendors quickly
- Organize data from multiple sources into a single database
- Track progress on requests with real-time updates
ClickUp's RFI template streamlines the process of gathering vendor information and makes it easier than ever to track all your queries in one place. Get started today and make sure your project has all the resources it needs!
Benefits of a Request for Information Template
Request for information (RFI) templates are a great way to ensure that you are gathering the right information from potential vendors. The benefits of using an RFI template include:
- A consistent information-gathering process for all vendors
- Ensuring that all vendors are on the same page with regards to expectations
- Providing greater clarity around the project’s requirements
- Saving time by having a template to start from
Main Elements of a Request for Information Template
ClickUp's Request for Information Template is designed to help you manage and track requests for information. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as In Progress, New Request and Response Sent to keep track of current requests
- Custom Fields: Use 10 different custom attributes such as Change in Timeline, RFI Description, Scope, Contractor Company, and Reference to save vital information and easily visualize request data
- Custom Views: Open 5 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the RFI Log, RFI Submission Form, RFI Scope, Project Board, and Getting Started Guide so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve request tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Request for Information Template
When you need to gather information from outside sources, a Request for Information (RFI) can help. Here are the steps to create a successful RFI:
1. Identify the purpose of the RFI
Before crafting your RFI, it’s important to identify the purpose of the request. What are you trying to learn? What type of information do you need? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you create a more targeted request and ensure you get the information you need.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas for the purpose of the RFI.
2. Compile a list of questions
Once you know what type of information you need, create a list of questions to ask. These should be specific and relevant to the purpose of the RFI.
Use the Table view in ClickUp to create a detailed list of questions.
3. Determine the format and timeline of the RFI
Now that you have a list of questions, decide how you want to present the RFI. Will it be a survey? A written document? A video call? You’ll also need to set a timeline for when you need the information by.
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to create a timeline for your RFI.
4. Create the RFI document
Using the information you’ve gathered, create the RFI document in a format that is easy to read and understand.
Create a Doc in ClickUp and use the text editor to create a clear and concise RFI.
5. Distribute the RFI
Once the RFI document is ready, you’ll need to distribute it to the relevant parties. This can be done via email, mail or in person.
Use Email in ClickUp to send out the RFI to the relevant parties.
6. Track responses
It’s important to track responses from the RFI so that you can respond to questions or concerns in a timely manner.
Use tasks in ClickUp to track responses and assign them to the relevant team members.
Get Started with ClickUp's Request for Information Template
Prospective buyers can use this Request for Information Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to collecting and organizing data.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to quickly and effectively manage requests for information:
- Use the RFI Log View to track and monitor all requests for information
- The RFI Submission Form View will help you quickly and easily capture all necessary information from requestors
- The RFI Scope View will give you an overview of the scope of the request and any related documents
- The Project Board View will help you keep track of the progress of each request
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide you with all the information you need to get started quickly
- Organize tasks into three different statuses: In Progress, New Request, Response Sent, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity