Breaking the ice is essential for building relationships and fostering collaboration. It's also one of the most important parts of onboarding new team members, no matter where they're located!
ClickUp's Ice Breaker Whiteboard Template is designed to get everyone talking and make remote teams feel like part of the group. This template helps you:
- Start conversations with thought-provoking questions that help people learn about each other
- Encourage friendly competition by challenging teams to come up with creative answers
- Create a fun and interactive environment for all team members, both old and new
Whether you’re a small startup or a large enterprise, this whiteboard template is the perfect tool to break the ice and get your team collaborating in no time!
Benefits of an Ice Breaker Whiteboard Template
Ice breakers are a great way to get people talking and build relationships in the workplace. Using an ice breaker whiteboard template offers several advantages, such as:
- Creating a fun and interactive way to introduce yourself and your colleagues
- Encouraging collaboration and team building
- Allowing for creative expression and problem-solving
- Improving communication and understanding among team members
Main Elements of an Ice Breaker Whiteboard Template
ClickUp's Ice Breaker Whiteboard Template is designed to help you quickly get started with a virtual whiteboard. This Whiteboard template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of each task
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your tasks and easily visualize the steps of a process
- Custom Views: Open 2 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Start Here View and the Whiteboard View so that you can start quickly
- Project Management: Improve ice breaking tracking with tagging, nested subtasks, multiple assignees, and priority labels
How to Use an Ice Breaker Whiteboard Template
Ice breaker activities are a great way to help new team members get to know each other and build a strong team dynamic. With the Ice Breaker Whiteboard template in ClickUp, you can create an interactive and fun activity where your team can learn more about each other.
1. Select a theme
Before you start your ice breaker, decide on a theme or topic that will be the focus of the activity. This can be anything from a fun game to getting to know each other's hobbies or interests..
Create tasks in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas for themes.
2. Create the Whiteboard
Now, it's time to create the Whiteboard. You can use the Ice Breaker Whiteboard template to get started, or you can create your own custom Whiteboard.
In ClickUp, you can create a custom Whiteboard for your ice breaker activity.
3. Add questions or prompts
Once your Whiteboard is ready, it's time to add questions or prompts. These should be related to the theme you've chosen and should give team members something to talk about.
For example, if the theme is hobbies, you could ask team members to list their three favorite hobbies and why they enjoy them.
Use tasks in ClickUp to add questions or prompts to your Whiteboard.
4. Share the Whiteboard
Once you've created the Whiteboard and added questions or prompts, it's time to share it with your team. You can either send them the link to the Whiteboard or, if everyone is in the same room, you can project it onto a screen.
Share the Whiteboard link in ClickUp with your team.
5. Start the Activity
Now, it's time to start the activity. Invite your team members to answer the questions and discuss their answers. Encourage them to be creative and have fun.
Set a recurring task in ClickUp to remind your team to complete the ice breaker activity.
Get Started with ClickUp's Ice Breaker Whiteboard Template
Team members can use this Ice Breaker Whiteboard Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to engaging in team-building activities and fostering collaboration.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to break the ice:
- Use the Start Here View to introduce the ice breaker and provide instructions
- The Whiteboard View will provide a space for team members to share their answers and ideas
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open, Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity