The creative brief is a critical tool for getting creative projects off the ground. It's the foundation for any successful design, marketing, or branding project.
ClickUp's Creative Brief Whiteboard Template makes it easy to plan and organize your team's ideas and goals in one place. It helps you:
- Create a clear plan of action to guide the creative process
- Identify objectives and determine strategies to reach them
- Set expectations and collaborate with stakeholders on delivering results
With ClickUp's Creative Brief Whiteboard Template, you can ensure that everyone involved knows what needs doing—and when they need to do it!
Benefits of a Creative Brief Whiteboard Template
Creative briefs are essential for planning successful marketing campaigns. A whiteboard template can help you organize your ideas into a creative brief that:
- Identifies the goals, objectives, target audience, timeline, and budget for a project
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the project and helps ensure everyone is on the same page
- Makes it easier to brainstorm, plan, and execute creative ideas
- Makes it easier to track progress and measure results
Main Elements of a Creative Brief Whiteboard Template
ClickUp's Creative Brief Whiteboard Template is designed to help you manage creative projects from start to finish. This Whiteboard template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with 7 custom statuses such as Client Review, Complete, Development, Final Approval, and In Progress to keep track of the progress of each step in the creative brief
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add 9 attributes such as Responsibility, Involvement, Session Type, End Date, and Email to manage your tasks and easily visualize the steps of a creative project
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Creative Brief Whiteboard, Timeline, Creative Brief Tasks, and Start Here so that you can quickly get started with your creative project
- Project Management: Improve creative brief tracking with tagging, nested subtasks, multiple assignees, and priority labels
How to Use a Creative Brief Whiteboard Template
The Creative Brief Whiteboard Template in ClickUp is a great way to capture all of the necessary information needed to create a successful project. Here are five steps to help you get the most out of the template:
1. Establish the project’s goal
The first step is to determine the goal of the project. What do you want to achieve? What is the desired outcome? Having a clear and concise goal will help guide the rest of the process.
Create a shared Doc in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas and goals for your project.
2. Identify the target audience
It’s important to have an understanding of who the target audience is for the project. Who are you trying to reach? What are their needs and wants.
Use custom fields in ClickUp to make sure you capture all the necessary info about the target audience.
3. Set the project timeline
Once you’ve established the goal and identified the target audience, you need to set a timeline for the project. When do you need to have it completed by? What are the milestones you need to hit in order to reach the goal.
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to clearly visualize what the timeline looks like and make sure you meet your deadlines.
4. Gather creative resources and information
Start gathering any creative resources or information that may be pertinent to the project, such as images, videos, and text. This will help you create a more comprehensive creative brief.
Create tasks in ClickUp to assign resources and information needed for the project.
5. Create the creative brief
Once you’ve gathered all the necessary information, you’re ready to create your creative brief. Use the template in ClickUp to quickly and easily fill in all the details.
Use the Whiteboard feature in ClickUp to fill out the template and create your creative brief.
Get Started with ClickUp's Creative Brief Whiteboard Template
Creative teams can use this Creative Brief Whiteboard Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to brainstorming ideas and outlining project goals.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a successful creative brief:
- Start with the Start Here View to get a quick overview of the creative brief process
- Use the Creative Brief Whiteboard View to brainstorm and define the creative brief
- The Timeline View will help you keep track of the key dates and milestones in the creative brief process
- The Creative Brief Tasks View will help you organize tasks into seven different statuses: Client Review, Complete, Development, Final Approval, In Progress, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Hold regular meetings to discuss progress and any issues
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity