Good planning is the foundation of any successful project. Agile teams need an easy way to track progress and plan for the future. That's where ClickUp's Agile Team Roadmap Template comes in!
This template helps agile teams quickly set goals, track progress, and stay organized—all within one place. With this template, you'll be able to:
- Visualize your team’s roadmap on a timeline
- Plan out sprints with estimations for effort and complexity
- Track progress and adjust plans as needed
Whether you're just starting out or already have an established process, this template will help you get it all done right—and fast!
Benefits of an Agile Team Roadmap Template
An agile team roadmap template can help your team stay organized and on track with their project. Here are some of the benefits:
- Provides a high-level overview of your team’s progress at any given time
- Helps teams stay on schedule by providing a visual representation of what needs to be done and when
- Identifies tasks that are dependent on each other, allowing teams to plan ahead and prioritize accordingly
- Improves communication and collaboration between team members as everyone is aware of the timeline for each task
Main Elements of an Agile Team Roadmap Template
ClickUp's Agile Team Roadmap Template is designed to help you plan, track, and visualize the progress of your product releases. This Folder template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Done, Parked, In Progress, and To Do to keep track of the progress of each step in the product roadmap
- Custom Fields: Categorize and add attributes to manage your tasks and easily visualize the steps of a product roadmap, such as Impact, Strategic Goal, Strategic Importance, Duration Days, Estimated Effort, and more
- Custom Views: Open 6 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as Getting Started Guide, Strategic Goals, Agile Product Roadmap, Status, Product Plan, and more
- Project Management: Improve product roadmap tracking with tagging, dependency warnings, automations, AI, and more
How to Use an Agile Team Roadmap Template
Developing an Agile Team Roadmap allows you to focus on the most important projects and tasks for your team. Here are four steps to help you get started:
1. Establish your goal
Before creating a roadmap, think about the goal you want to achieve with your team. Are you working to launch a new product? Or do you need to develop a customer service plan? Knowing what you want to accomplish will help you focus your efforts.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to brainstorm ideas for your team goal.
2. Break down the goal into objectives
Your goal should be broken down into smaller, achievable objectives. These objectives should be specific and measurable, and should help you track progress towards achieving your goal.
Create tasks in ClickUp to break down your goal into objectives.
3. Define milestones
Milestones are important checkpoints along the way to achieving your goal. They should be achievable and should provide an opportunity to evaluate progress and make adjustments if needed.
Create Milestones in ClickUp to track progress and make sure your team is on track.
4. Create a timeline
Once you’ve identified your goal, objectives, and milestones, it’s time to create a timeline. This timeline should include when each objective is due and when each milestone will be reached..
Use the Gantt Chart view in ClickUp to create a timeline for your team roadmap.
Get Started with ClickUp's Agile Team Roadmap Template
Product teams can use this Agile Team Roadmap Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to planning and tracking the progress of projects.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to plan and manage a successful agile team:
- The Getting Started Guide will help you understand the basics of the agile methodology and set up your team for success
- The Strategic Goals View will help you plan out your team’s long-term goals and set a clear path to success
- The Agile Product Roadmap View will give you a clear overview of all of your team’s tasks and progress
- The Status View will help you keep track of what tasks are in progress, done, parked, and to do
- The Product Plan View will help you plan out each task and prioritize those that need to be completed first
- Organize tasks into four different statuses: Done, Parked, In Progress, To Do, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep team members informed of progress
- Get Started with Our Agile Team Roadmap Template Today